Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got rained out with thunderstorms for a better part of the day. Hoping for better luck tomorrow...

I watered the yard this evening, and it just started pouring! This system was supposed to stay about 100 miles north of us. They were wrong.

It was 115 when I played this afternoon. Thought I would die on 9.

sent from my brain using my thumb.

I'm going out at 2 this afternoon for a solo 18 and, surprisingly it's only supposed to be 89 (with possible thunderstorms)... Not concerned about the storm but 89 is downright springlike considering the heat we've been having here.

Today is cloudy with a 20 % chance of rain, 10 mph wind and 68 degrees.
Should clear up a bit in a couple of hours. Just in time for the back nine.

past few days have been triple digits in temp but not alot of humidity
today was 88 and ridiculously humid... it actually felt way hotter than the past few days... just plain thick

Suffering from heat??

Suffering from heat??

I played 18 2 days in a row here in the cincy area, it's so hot it's almost unbearable, any of you guys feeling the heat?

well three weeks ago, I got heat shock really bad after walking 9 holes, it was so unbearable, here in NM the average is 105. . .you can fry an egg on the asphalt and the golf cart seat gets boiling hot from just parking it while hitting a shot. On Saturday, we played in 103 weather and my buddy had to stop playing and ride the rest of the game and the Marshall only came around twice with water the whole round . . .

It's brutal. Get a big foam cup for ice water.

Kevin

Merged with Golfing Weather thread.

I have to give it to you guys over in the east, we're used to the 100+ temps here sometimes year round but I bet it's worse since there's a phenomenon in your area known as humidity. . .

It's hot everywhere. Hydrate early, hydrate often. If I know I am going to be on the course on Wednesday, I start drinking water as soon as I get up on Tuesday and don't stop until I go to bed on Wednesday evening. Best advise is probably knowing your own stopping point, as well as keeping an eye on others around you. Just because you are holding up ok, doesn't mean your playing partner is. We had to take a lady back to the clubhouse after 7 holes the other day.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Yeah it's brutal, throw some allergies in the mix and it's even worse but I shouldn't be complaining, my job allows me to play during the day a couple times a week, could be worse I guess lol

Temps 100 and higher until Monday is predicted. On Monday it's "only" supposed to get to 95. But still 100 Heat Index.

the ac is on and has been on all night so that means it never cooled down... guess its gonna be hot again

Just saw a neat deal, it's a water bottle with a fan on the top, it's battery operated and it shoots a water mist on your face, thinking about trying it Sunday, it's supposed to be 104 here and feel like 110!! Is this Florida or Ohio?? Lol

Just saw a neat deal, it's a water bottle with a fan on the top, it's battery operated and it shoots a water mist on your face, thinking about trying it Sunday, it's supposed to be 104 here and feel like 110!! Is this Florida or Ohio?? Lol

A mister? I actually have one of those. They work for as long as you are spraying it.

$(KGrHqV,!q0E-ZLYf(sPBP3i2)jr7w~~60_12.JPG

Going to be 100deg today, with heat index of 111... think I'll be getting a cart today...

Smallville how does that mister work for ya? I hear people use those for kids a lot but I thought it might be a cool thing to carry on the golf cart with me

Haven't used it in years. It's more a novelty, since it only helps if you are spraying it on yourself.

They work really well in Phoenix, if you have your patio surrounded with pvc pipe that has those little mister attachments, and in outdoor areas that have ceiling fans what have the mister hooked up to it. Football teams use them on the sidelines hooked up to those powerful fans.

But this little thing is more for fun than anything, in my opinion.

They just said it is KC's hottest 4th of July since 1954. Great news there.

Wow this is the best fourth of july, it's been 100+ all week and today it's on;y low 80s with cloud coverage and some thunderstorms, great golfing weather

The high today here was only 97...its a friggin cold front!

so hot, milk was a bad choice

My dad installed the PVC piping and misters around the pool fence... Makes it nice when your sitting out there watching the kiddies trying to drown each other ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back