What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played last two holes today with a Wilson dx2, nice feel and long. Par on both holes.

Penta TP5... nothing struck me as special about it. I like the TP3 and Bridgestone B-330S balls the best and am going to pick up a box of Hex Blacks to see if I can talk myself into enjoying them!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

An e7 popped up in a bucket at the range today. Saved it for my driver. There is a target on this range at the 275 mark at the crest of a hill, so if your ball disappears you know it passed that mark. My typical good drive is just short and rolls past, or flies a little past. I know, maybe it says 275, but is at ,235, lol.

The e7 flies well over the target and hits the net behind. Straight as an arrow. Felt hard and since I lose most strokes in the short game, probably not for me, but it lived up to its long and straight billing.

Played the Hex Black for the first 7 holes before losing it. My swing wasn't so great early on in the round so it's tough to blame the ball. Even though I was all over the course I have to say I was really impressed with it's durability. The ball had been everywhere and still looked new. Someone is going to hit the jackpot when they find that ball.

After losing the Hex Black I went back to an old friend, Bridgestone B330 RX. On the back my swing really started clicking but I hit some bombs with the driver that were dead straight. This ball was checking up real well on the greens and rolling well off the putter. For me, the B330 RX feels better than any other ball off the putter. I really like both balls though and will continue to play one or the other for the rest of the season.

Played the maxfli U2 today, I dont know what to think of this ball yet...... I know I ate once cover with a full 60 degree wedge shot, It had a flat spot on it. Seem to be checking on short chips pretty well but always rolled out to the right every time. I would drop a RBZ or prov1x and make the same shot and it would roll out straight, it was odd. More testing needs to be done I had a few drives just die and fall out of the sky.
i hated this ball

played more than a few balls today... kept losing them in the ankle high rough
best ball was the nike vapor ones... when i got a hold of one man that baby flew

Gamer V2
I lost a few but they aren't high dollar balls so I'm not out much.

best ball was the nike vapor ones... when i got a hold of one man that baby flew

I'm gonna guess you could write a book on all the different balls you've tried.....love your reviews man. You always put a smile on my face. :D

Yes, those Nike Vapors are very long. Decent all around ball. I think it's one of the harder balls in that range to compress though because my buddy who plays the NXT normally hated it said it felt like a rock. He's a much lower swing speed than I.

Gamer V2
I lost a few but they aren't high dollar balls so I'm not out much.

But they also don't make them anymore.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

I'm gonna guess you could write a book on all the different balls you've tried.....love your reviews man. You always put a smile on my face. :D
my review skills are horrendous when im playing bad hahaha... its tough to review a ball that you only took one shot at and it disappeared lol
Yes, those Nike Vapors are very long. Decent all around ball. I think it's one of the harder balls in that range to compress though because my buddy who plays the NXT normally hated it said it felt like a rock. He's a much lower swing speed than I.
i thought it was pretty similar to the nxt but according to my gps i hit the vapor about 5-10 yrds farther

today i played prov1's all day
i actually cut the crap out of the cover of the first one with my 60 but i kept playing it till it decided to retire on #12
didnt have any problems with the others... well except when my swing was crappy but thats not the balls fault

Yellow Srixon ZStar XV still is my best ball. Love it.

Played the Srixon Q star yesterday. Hit it pretty straight and liked it. I need a few more rounds to settle on it.

I played the last round with the V2 and the round before that with the E6. I also need a couple more rounds to settle on a ball.

those and the platinums are bombers for me.. love 'em.. too bad they're $40+ per doz

played various titleists- so/lo, prov1, prov1x's on thurs. and a pinnacle (lost it after one swing tho, lol). they were all older models and had pretty decent feel to 'em. i've been thru a lot of different balls and i have never really been able to tell any difference in them. callaways and titleists seem to have a bit more spin to them, bridgestones, srixon's, and most others have hardly any spin but go a bit further... i'm just gonna stick with the balls i find in the rough :)

B330s. First time I've used this ball in a long time. Hit it great off the tee with some very good distance. Was really surprised by that as I would think the RX is the better ball for me.

used the Q star today played great only used 2 balls all day. first shot of the day i tried to carry a 290 yard pond and just was short so that was my first the second ball lasted the whole entire round and didn't have any big marks on it at all. checked up quite a few longer iron shots. i think this will be my winter gamer this year since they are a lot cheaper and i won't care if i lose them as much as my premium balls i like to play.

But they also don't make them anymore.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Didn't realize this....learn something new every day!

Played the Chrome today. I like that ball, more testing will need to be done but I only lost two on a crazy course.

HEX Black Tour. Last Sunday.

Played a Srixon Q-star today in tour yellow after reading so much about it on here. Loved it. Long off the tee and great around the green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back