Co&Ca - The Afterman: Ascension

tyno

War Eagle's friend
Reaction score
Handicap
kids
this deserves it's own thread. October 9th Ascension and then Descension in February....this will be amazing.

Last edited:
OK i offically feel old now not sure if this is a movie,some sort of new video game or a new cd, band PLEASE HELP.....ME ???? HAHAHA turning 47 next month i think...

I am looking forward to this. I fell in love with Coheed with In Keeping Secrets on Silent Earth. But Year of the Black Rainbow kind of left a sour taste. I thought Claudio got a little production happy.

OK i offically feel old now not sure if this is a movie,some sort of new video game or a new cd, band PLEASE HELP.....ME ???? HAHAHA turning 47 next month i think...

lol, it's alright man. Coheed & Cambria are a progressive rock band, currently with 5 albums out, based around a sci-fi concept story envisioned by their lead singer/guitarist Claudio Sanchez. their earlier sound is definitely an acquired taste, but as they've progressed, i've definitely noticed their fan base grow to a wider audience. you don't even have to fully appreciate the back-story concept to like or understand their music. you've actually probably heard their song "Welcome Home", as it is sampled a lot for it's amazing guitar riff. still i believe they're an acquired taste, but if you're a fan of rock music, please check them out.

I am looking forward to this. I fell in love with Coheed with In Keeping Secrets on Silent Earth. But Year of the Black Rainbow kind of left a sour taste. I thought Claudio got a little production happy.

agreed. IKSSE:3 is still their best album, but i like SSTB better (if that makes sense). YOTBR had its' ups and downs (Wolrd of Lines is my favorite track).
but i just have a feeling about this release...and after hearing Sentry the Defiant, i'm super pumped.

also, mission accomplished in sniffing out some Co&Ca fans...:alien:

So just checked it out not my thing. But they sort of remind me of RUSH a band from the 80's that was my thing back then.. this getting old kinda bites. hahaha

So just checked it out not my thing. But they sort of remind me of RUSH a band from the 80's that was my thing back then.. this getting old kinda bites. hahaha

lol. dude, i know who Rush is. i love Rush!
they often get compared to Rush, but never were really influenced by them. they drew influences from Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden from the classic rock era actually.

kudos to you for actually checking them out though man!

I'm listening to Coheed now. It's so good.

Makes me want to wear my 3-1/2" Keywork belt buckle.

this came out back in February, but i just can't stop singing this song, so i thought i'd post it up.
Claudio posted this up as a sneak peek to the album, doing an acoustic version from his home...it's amazing.
i'm not sure if the album version can top this - it's just so raw, yet so...soo good!

[video=youtube;Pmsua-OLY_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmsua-OLY_8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

1st "official" single/video from new album, came out on August 28th.
the song is great, the video is awesome!

I feel sorry for dean

So it's good? What's it close to compared to the other CoCa releases? Is it as busy as Black Rainbow?

I feel sorry for dean

HEY!

i wouldn't do that to dean. it's an acquired taste.
besides, i already made our road trip mix-tape...Tommy Tutone's Greatest Hits on a loop.

Very solid video. I love their unique sound.

They are one of the nerdiest bands. Their entire discography revolves around a Sci-Fi apocalypse story

So it's good? What's it close to compared to the other CoCa releases? Is it as busy as Black Rainbow?

it's very good. and it's a little less busy than YOTBR.
honestly, pair it with volume 2, the release due in February, and it has potential to be right up there at the top of the list of albums.

Very solid video. I love their unique sound.

they're different. not for everyone.
check them out if you like that...it's my favorite song going right now. and the video is awesome. like a mini-movie.

it's very good. and it's a little less busy than YOTBR.
honestly, pair it with volume 2, the release due in February, and it has potential to be right up there at the top of the list of albums.

Ive been listening to 'Crack the Skye' from Mastodon a lot lately. I am in the mood for a new prog listen. I will jump in. I have just been scorned something fiercy by Coheed. I need to make sure it's right.

they're different. not for everyone.
check them out if you like that...it's my favorite song going right now. and the video is awesome. like a mini-movie.

I've heard some of their older stuff. It's definitely good, although not something I'd listen to all the time.

They remind me a lot of Mars Volta because of the lead singer. Just way out there.

Ive been listening to 'Crack the Skye' from Mastodon a lot lately. I am in the mood for a new prog listen. I will jump in. I have just been scorned something fiercy by Coheed. I need to make sure it's right.

well i'm happy with it for sure. just stinks we gotta wait until February for vol. 2. (i will not be waiting that long, because i sniff out leaked albums like no other...)
Josh (drummer) is back, so i love that. but Mic (bassist) is gone, but that's not that big of a deal.

I've heard some of their older stuff. It's definitely good, although not something I'd listen to all the time.

They remind me a lot of Mars Volta because of the lead singer. Just way out there.

yes. i agree. i too like Mars Volta, and At the Drive-In, and Sparta.

well i'm happy with it for sure. just stinks we gotta wait until February for vol. 2. (i will not be waiting that long, because i sniff out leaked albums like no other...)
Josh (drummer) is back, so i love that. but Mic (bassist) is gone, but that's not that big of a deal.

yes. i agree. i too like Mars Volta, and At the Drive-In, and Sparta.

You a fan of motion city soundtrack as well? Definitely a bit lighter but another similar voice. Awesome stuff.

You a fan of motion city soundtrack as well? Definitely a bit lighter but another similar voice. Awesome stuff.

yeah, i do like a few of their songs and saw them live once in my earlier, Warped Tour days...guys were doing handstand on their keyboards. wild stuff man.

I've finally gotten around to listening to this. It is one of my favorite Coheed releases. It is really accessible. It lacks anything that's super proggy, something that has bogged down recent releases from Coheed. I like this album a lot.

Official video for The Afterman, came out last week.

I have really grown to like this release. It's pretty solid.

On a side note, I listened to Second Stage Turbine Blade in my office yesterday. It reminded me how good of a disc that was.

Back