fastbasser

Reaction score
Handicap
Just a question about "bounce".. From the fairway, what bounce would be the best choice? Higher or lower and why..

Thanks guys and gals..

:drinks:

Just a question about "bounce".. From the fairway, what bounce would be the best choice? Higher or lower and why..

Thanks guys and gals..

:drinks:

Depends on your angle of attack and the firmness of the turf.

typically it is recommended to have a low bounce from the fairways. But that is not a steadfast rule. Just a general idea.

I've found that for harder conditions my swing likes less bounce, wet conditions I like more and something in between for in between conditions. I do play my wedges back a little bit to take a little loft out of them, so that probably does change the bounce a little. Right now I'm playing 8* in both my 52/60 and I think 11* in my 56. Right now I don't change wedges for different conditions, but if I start playing some tournament rounds, then I will carry more wedges and change the bounce based on condiditons at the course...

maybe you should take a look at some of the variable bounce wedges.. there's a ton of info here on scor's and tm atv's.

'Kongfrontation is the shiznitz'

I think that it's overthought at times. Assuming you aren't at some extreme with low/high, I doubt you'll notice much difference most of the time.

I think that it's overthought at times. Assuming you aren't at some extreme with low/high, I doubt you'll notice much difference most of the time.

This..

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

There are too many variables to have a standard answer, fairway -VS- sand -VS- rough "firmness"; angle of Attack -Shallow or Steep or somewhere in between, etc....

I'm thinking the shallower you come in, the less bounce you're going to want while softer fairways may require more bounce, so it comes down to testing things out for yourself to see where you see the best performance.

Back