My Sligo Impressions

benk777

Reaction score
Handicap
Not Sure
Earlier this week I ordered a few Sligo goodies from fairwaystyles.com, which included two pairs of pants, one pair of shorts, two polo shirts, and a belt. My issue is that it's hard to find clothes that fit me well, since I'm 6'4" and 186 lbs. Pants usually aren't a problem (I enjoy the fit loose but not saggin, with a bit of a bootcut for that perfect drape over the shoes), but shirts definitely are. I don't like my shirts painted on, but I also don't like to be swimming in them. Most of the time when I find one that fits the body well, it's usually not long enough. Yeah, who cares about length when it's being tucked anyway...well, I like the versatility of being able to wear it untucked at times as well. And even in tucked mode, I hate when they just barely tuck, so that they pop out upon follow through.

I just checked my tracking number and UPS will be delivering my order to the office today. That means that upon proper fit, I should be able to bust out a Sligo outfit for tomorrow's 6:48 a.m. tee time.

Pics and review to follow.

Ben

Look forward to it. And of course Sligo as a company is part of this forum, so feel free to ask any questions you may have for them in their section.

Ben's comment on shirts reminded me a general question I've been meaning to ask--has anyone tried to get any shirts with these high-tech fabrics altered? I have a couple that aren't as closely cut as I like, but I've hesitated taking them in for alteration.

(The THP shirt is nice and close!)

Polyesther like cotton should be able to be altered without much of a problem.

6:48 a.m. tee time??? YIKES!

I received my order from fairwaystyles this morning! One thing I love is a company that ships their orders out quickly. I brought the bag out to the car over lunch and quickly looked everything over, although I did not remove anything from it's original packaging. Everything looks good! I will take some pics when I get a chance, and will report back regarding the fit.

To address the early tee time, it really stretches out the day. Plus, I have an 11-month old at home, and I want to be able to spend as much time with her as possible. That's why I only allow myself to play 18 once per month, every other week I only play 9.

Ben

6:48 a.m. tee time??? YIKES!

My tee time was 630AM this morning but I played 9 holes and was able to make it back to work before 9AM.

yeah, fairwaystyles ships faster than practically any company ive ever bought from. i placed my order and had it in my hands 2 days later

Being that I got married in a Sligo shirt, I am very curious too.

I do have a few thoughts on the threads, but unfortunately I do not have any pictures. My daughter is sick so I wasn't about to ask the wife to take some fashion shots of me.

The Sligo shirts are awesome! Not only do they look good, but the fit is superb! The large is perfect on the body, and is long enough for me. And let me stress how difficult it is for me to find golf shirts that fit well. I might have to order one of each.

The pants are another story. They look awesome, but either they run big in the waist or I've slimmed down. My wife thinks I'm making a mountain of a mole hill, but I don't want them to be all sinched up with a shirt tucked and a belt on. I'm after that custom tailored look, not the hand-me down look. So I think I'll have to send the pants back for the next size down. The odd thing is that the shorts (in the same waist size as the pants) fit just fine.

Now, if anyone out there has experience with Sligo pants, do they shrink up any? I see that they can be machine washed. Have you machine washed them or had them professionally dry cleaned?

One other thing, there are a couple of threads that have "pulled" from the design on the plaid pants I received. Not the biggest of deals, but for the money spent, I would like them to be near perfect. I'm worried that if I were to cut it off, it may start something worse.

The summary would be that the designs are perfect, the fit of the shirts is perfect for those looking for the athletic fit, and the pants have a good fit through the legs and a nice opening at the foot to drape over some nice shoes. Unless anyone thinks that the pants will shrink enough in the waist to take away the 2" of slack that I am experiencing, I will be returning them for the next size down. The belt will also have to be exchanged, but for the next size up. I'm not comfortable with the little slack that this one provides.

Thanks to fairwaystyles for carrying a great product, for super fast shipping, and for excellent customer service. Thanks to Sligo for making some fashionable threads that fit us tall and slim guys.

Ben

I have both the pants and the shorts and did not have any problem with this at all. I recommend calling them on Monday and asking them what their thoughts were. Another thought I could share is this. If you are looking for the "perfect tailored look" and they are slightly big, why not have them tailored to fit you perfectly? I do this with a TON of off the rack pants that I buy and just buy a size up and then have them tailored (cost is VERY LOW) to fit me perfectly. As for the thread issue, I have not seen that on any of the shirts or pants I have from them, and again, I would talk to FS.com

Back