That just made me laugh out loud.

So we just got back from dinner with my family. I can't begin to say how great it was to see my grandfather. That man is my whole heart (minus my husband of course) It was great to see my mom she was pleasant as always. My POS dad didn't even show up. I wish I could say I am surprised but unfortunately I am not. Oh well, I have two great men in my life and that is just fine with me.

Dinner was fun but I could tell GG was having a tough time seeing her father did not show up to meet her husband. Her grandfather was an amazing man and a great guy to talk golf with. Her mother was a doll. Her sister I was still hoping Harry was going to walk through the door and take her. Still have not met Dad yet.

Her sister I was still hoping Harry was going to walk through the door and take her.

crazy-cabbie-caveman-dragging-woman-by-hair-in-hoboken.jpg

You read my mind.

So we just got back from dinner with my family. I can't begin to say how great it was to see my grandfather. That man is my whole heart (minus my husband of course) It was great to see my mom she was pleasant as always. My POS dad didn't even show up. I wish I could say I am surprised but unfortunately I am not. Oh well, I have two great men in my life and that is just fine with me.

Don't sweat it GG. I've had similar things happen with my father. Granted it wasn't the first time he was going to meet my wife but just as big of an occasion. I got upset about it but then I moved on. Sadly he'll probably never understand how much it upset you. Like you said you have two wonderful men in your life and that's all that matters.

This isn't to rub it in. But after hearing these stories, I just want to say out loud that my dad would never do anything like that.

If, at the end of my life, I can say I was half the man that my father is/was, I would consider it a success.

My father as well Harry.

This isn't to rub it in. But after hearing these stories, I just want to say out loud that my dad would never do anything like that.

If, at the end of my life, I can say I was half the man that my father is/was, I would consider it a success.

My father as well Harry.

Yeah, JB, but has your father ever gone fishing for raccoons in the attic?

But she has me as her family now.

Yeah, JB, but has your father ever gone fishing for raccoons in the attic?

And that's not even the best story about my dad.

Spoiler
I can't tell you the best one.

And that's not even the best story about my dad.

Spoiler
I can't tell you the best one.

Why not?

The really sad part is watching him wind down. Too many years of unfiltered cigarettes.. ,

Why not?

The really sad part is watching him wind down. Too many years of unfiltered cigarettes.. ,

Borderline appropriate. But mainly, it's just for me.

Back