My first ever birdie today!

Pinged

In Search of Bagger Vance
Reaction score
Handicap
I know that sounds lame for most of you, but I've played 4 or 5 18-hole rounds and perhaps 9 or 10 9-hole rounds. When I started 3 months ago I was shooting 125-130 for 18. EEK!

I'm now shooting 105-110 on most rounds so some improvement since I began. I've had 5 or 6 pars along the way. I'm usually thrilled with bogeys at this stage of my game. :confused2:

I played 9 holes today with 18 putts (a little better than usual) 3 penalty strokes (about average for me for 9 holes) and I had my first ever bird!! 400 yard par 4: 235 yard drive (about average for me at the moment) in the middle of the fairway (wish I was in the fairway more often!) a nice 165 yard 6-iron onto the green, and a BEE-U-TI-FUL 20' putt with about 1' of break in it for a birdie 3!!! :golf:

I had 3 1-putts, 3 2-putts and 3-3-putts, several very nice long wedges to within 10-15' of the pin. I also turned in my best score on this particular 9 today with a 54 (usually shoot 57-59 on this particular 9) and it was in about a 25-30mph wind to boot.

Just had to share my excitement with people who can appreciate it. I haven't shot in the 90's yet, but I can see them from here! :cowboy:

Last edited:
Congrats!!! Sounds like you're making some great improvement rather quickly. Enjoy.

That is great pinged. Keep at it buddy. The first one is the hard one.

Congrats Pinged. I got my first Birdie on Friday. Too bad the round went down hill after that. That's what keeps us coming back though.

Great. That'll keep you going back.

That's awesome, Pinged!
Congrats on the birdie, I'm sure it'll be the first of many!

Way to go Pinged!

Those new clubs are working out pretty well then, I take it? :D

congrats pinged. i remember my first birdie, it seems like only yesterday....:act-up:

Those new clubs are working out pretty well then, I take it? :D

They really are. As I've said before- it's very difficult to hit these Ping Rapture V2's BADLY! No- really. STOP LAUGHING!!

That's the BEST part of my game, though the putting is beginning to come along. Sank several long, beautiful putts today with my new Rife 2-bar Hybrid Mallet!!

Now if I could chip, pitch consistently and hit driver and fairway woods. :clown:

Congrats Pinged! You get the same congrats as bogey!

enan109l.jpg
GolfBirdie_lois.jpg

birdie-poster-web.jpg

Thanks Smalls!! :D

Great job, Ping. Still hoping for a real birdie here (it doesn't count on a 73 yard hole).

It is things like this that make you fall in love with the game of golf all over again. Congrats my friend. We cannot wait to hear about your first sub 100 round. I know it is just around the corner. But the most important thing is that you are having fun.

Congrats Pinged. Before long you will be disappointed if you arent getting birdies all the time.

Alright Pinged, keep it up. :banana:

Back