Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

Found a Chrome yesterday and put it through the paces on the back nine, I really didn't see that huge of a difference between it and the Black. It was a limited sample and it didn't matter what ball I was playing because I was playing poorly anyway. I will just stick with the black, wish I had bought more when they were on sale.

Found a Chrome yesterday and put it through the paces on the back nine, I really didn't see that huge of a difference between it and the Black. It was a limited sample and it didn't matter what ball I was playing because I was playing poorly anyway. I will just stick with the black, wish I had bought more when they were on sale.

I found the Chrome to spin significantly more off the driver for me - but it is a great feeling ball around the greens. Just posted in the "what ball did you play" thread that the Black continues to remind me why it's my gamer every time I go back to it after experimenting with something else.

-Skipped off the pond using Tapatalk

I grabbed a box of the Black yesterday. Went with it over the Chrome based on MC reviews. I hope to put them into play this week.

Played 9 holes and took some practice wedge shots with the Black today. Seemed like a fine ball. Maybe a little lower flight, but will need to make sure that wasn't just a coincidence. Didn't seem as "soft" as other balls I've played recently on full shots. Spun like a mother, but greens were very soft due to morning storms.

Posted via tapatalk.

Played 9 holes and took some practice wedge shots with the Black today. Seemed like a fine ball. Maybe a little lower flight, but will need to make sure that wasn't just a coincidence. Didn't seem as "soft" as other balls I've played recently on full shots. Spun like a mother, but greens were very soft due to morning storms.

Posted via tapatalk.

I think you will love them bro....they rock.....I bought 3 more dozen when they were still 23.70 a box....but you can get them on ebay all day long for 30.00-32.00 a dozen with free shipping...it's a great price for a great ball.

I did like it for sure, Tim. First new ball I've played in a while.

Posted via tapatalk.

I did like it for sure, Tim. First new ball I've played in a while.

Posted via tapatalk.

And, now that you've tried it, should be the last you play in a long while.

Tried the chrome on my last 18. It was a great ball. Sticking with the B330rx for now though. Has a bit more spin for my shot. I'd be happy with either though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tried the chrome on my last 18. It was a great ball. Sticking with the B330rx for now though. Has a bit more spin for my shot. I'd be happy with either though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Really? For me the Chrome has a lot more spin than the RX, one reason I switched from the RX to the Chrome. I can finally stop approach shots near flags instead of watching them roll away...

I did forget to mention one thing. I actually yanked a chunk of the cover from one ball on a wedge shot last night, which I don't think has happend once this year. Was a little surprised to see that. For some reason, these balls made me feel cool and I liked that.

I did forget to mention one thing. I actually yanked a chunk of the cover from one ball on a wedge shot last night, which I don't think has happend once this year. Was a little surprised to see that. For some reason, these balls made me feel cool and I liked that.
I think you're cool.

Really? For me the Chrome has a lot more spin than the RX, one reason I switched from the RX to the Chrome. I can finally stop approach shots near flags instead of watching them roll away...

Yea, I'm shocked by that. That's the main reason I don't play the RX...

I found a chrome last week and i loved it, surprisingly more than the Black. I guess i have a little slower swing speed and it played well for me. I hit my longest drive ever with it.

Different strokes, I guess. The RX will stop dead or draw back 1-6 inches for me. I take extremely shallow to no divots, so that may have something to do with it.

I agree, I have yelled at the RX many of times for its lack of stop. I have watch too many RX shots roll out a ton then dropped a E6 down in the same spot and hit again and had it check closer on full shots. For some reason I cannot spin the RX to save my life.

I'm really loving the Hex Black more and more. I've now played 3 straight rounds with the Hex Black without losing a single ball. That's never happened in my life. The side spin off the driver is the lowest I've ever experienced.

. The side spin off the driver is the lowest I've ever experienced.

Is is what I love about the Blacks as well

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I think I really like the Black. Definitely hitting the ball straighter right now, though I don't know if that's the ball or not.

It's pretty wet here right now and the spin is almost too much. I spun a 7 iron right back down a sloped green on a par three. Also seeing quite a bit of spin on wedges. Curious to see what drier conditions bring.

Posted via tapatalk.

My swing speed is a little on the slow side as well and I love the spin I get with the Chrome. They are a great ball!
I found a chrome last week and i loved it, surprisingly more than the Black. I guess i have a little slower swing speed and it played well for me. I hit my longest drive ever with it.

Anyone in the Myrtle Beach Area - Dozen Chrome for $16

Anyone in the Myrtle Beach Area - Dozen Chrome for $16

Myrtle Beach National has (had a week ago) Chromes and Diablo Tours for $16 a dozen. I bought 2 after my round at MBN Southcreek.

Still rocking the black, starting to getting used to it. I don't want to donate too many at the Des Moines outing this weekend, better hit it straight.

Myrtle Beach National has (had a week ago) Chromes and Diablo Tours for $16 a dozen. I bought 2 after my round at MBN Southcreek.

Wow $16 a dozen on the hex chrome is a smoking deal. Nice find.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

I'd play the chrome at that price too

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Back