Jumbo putter grips

AndrewG

Reaction score
Handicap
As an experiment, I'm want to pop an oversize grip on my old rife mid mallet. I'm unsure as to which type to go for my first foray into jumboland... straight sided jumbo, or oversized tapered?

Any recommendations for specific brand/models are also welcome...

Cheers all.

Are you Tapatalking to me?

I used a SuperStroke in the past and like the feel and performance.

Winn Jumbo Lite works well for me

I really enjoy my superstroke slim. great grip. I would suggest looking at those as well as the Winn Jumbos

Yeah the Winn jumbo lite is fantastic, tried the superstroke fatso and just to big for me started to loose the feel for putts.

I'm pretty sure the FLTC has gone jumbo on us without coming out about it.

I have a super stroke slim and chose it over a winn jumbo after playing around with them both

I have a TigerShark Ultratac Jumbo on one of my putters and like it.

I use the feeltec oversize and love it. Best putter grip I have ever used.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Winn Jumbo Lite works well for me

I don't have one on mine yet, but this is what I am getting. Right now I just have the Winn Jumbo.

I hated the Winn Jumbo I am using now but it's actually grown on me and I am putting really well. I usually use the SS slim 55.

Super-stroke slim 55, it has really quieted my hands down but the last few rounds my speed has been bad. If you need to quiet your hands I recommend a fat grip.

Do it man....such a good grip that completely takes the hands out of the equation, especially on shorter putts. I think my lag putting has improved too as I feel more connected and less handsy

I don't have one on mine yet, but this is what I am getting. Right now I just have the Winn Jumbo.

i heard its blasphemy to put a superstroke on a SeeMore...however i'm thinking of doing this..love the feel of the putter but the smaller grip isn't doing the trick (currently have a SS on my bettinardi and love it). anyone else have a SS on their SeeMore? results?

i heard its blasphemy to put a superstroke on a SeeMore...however i'm thinking of doing this..love the feel of the putter but the smaller grip isn't doing the trick (currently have a SS on my bettinardi and love it). anyone else have a SS on their SeeMore? results?

Yep, I have put one on my Seemore RST2. I bought it in an attempt to go back to conventional putting, but the experiment didn't work. So I put the SS on it. So far it putts better than it was with the stock grip but not as good as my old Odyssey with the same grip. Have played about 30 rounds with the modified Seemore and at a point where I'm thinking about benching it.

Useful replies - thanks all. Went for the Winn Jumbo Lite in the end

WNP45.jpg

..for no other reason than the colours are similar to the stock grip! :act-up:

Shame I've got to cut off the old grip though, I think it'll be tricky to find a Rife stock grip if I want to sell the putter on...

same one I have on my Seemore....enjoy!

Useful replies - thanks all. Went for the Winn Jumbo Lite in the end

WNP45.jpg

..for no other reason than the colours are similar to the stock grip! :act-up:

Shame I've got to cut off the old grip though, I think it'll be tricky to find a Rife stock grip if I want to sell the putter on...

Yep, I have put one on my Seemore RST2. I bought it in an attempt to go back to conventional putting, but the experiment didn't work. So I put the SS on it. So far it putts better than it was with the stock grip but not as good as my old Odyssey with the same grip. Have played about 30 rounds with the modified Seemore and at a point where I'm thinking about benching it.

did you find a huge difference in the 'feel' off the face? this putter is just, REALLY soft and i don't want to lose that by putting a SS on it...

I love my superstroke after I got it on my putter. It feels great and you'll have more confidence around the green.

did you find a huge difference in the 'feel' off the face? this putter is just, REALLY soft and i don't want to lose that by putting a SS on it...

I'm thinking no its still as soft but I really can't remember as I played it stock for only 10 rounds and I was trying conventional putting. I normally putt cross handed with an oversized grip. My initial thought when I decided to shorten the shaft and change the grip was to have a new shaft put on. That way if I didn't like it it could be easily restored to stock. Maybe this would be something you could try?

I'm thinking no its still as soft but I really can't remember as I played it stock for only 10 rounds and I was trying conventional putting. I normally putt cross handed with an oversized grip. My initial thought when I decided to shorten the shaft and change the grip was to have a new shaft put on. That way if I didn't like it it could be easily restored to stock. Maybe this would be something you could try?

i think instead of a whole new shaft i'll just stick to trying a SS and then throwing a stock, thicker grip on if it doesn't work...hopefully the feel stays the same

Where did you hear that?

I play a SS Ultra Slim on mine (two of my SeeMore's now actually) and my SPi instructor actually plays SS's on his mFGP and his SeeMore belly putter too.

Back