Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. Youll have the trifecta soon than I suppose :thumb:
I have a Fire for personal use, love it. What I am talking about here is a work issued tablet, which I prefer to have a larger screen for since I am reviewing and looking at electronic medical records.

Yes, I have macbook.

Bingo. Youll have the trifecta soon than I suppose :thumb:
I have an utter hatred for iTunes and iPhoto. For that reason alone, I dont see myself going back to an iPhone anytime soon. I quite enjoy being able to pop out my SD card from my phone, load it in the laptop and put music, pictures, and other files on to it with a simple drag and drop.

I have an utter hatred for iTunes and iPhoto. For that reason alone, I dont see myself going back to an iPhone anytime soon. I quite enjoy being able to pop out my SD card from my phone, load it in the laptop and put music, pictures, and other files on to it with a simple drag and drop.

that's what I want!

Drag and drop? Push and cloud that stuff sucka.

Drag and drop? Push and cloud that stuff sucka.
I do, with Google, and it's seamless. Have you ever tried to take a photo off an iPhone on a Macbook, put it on an external hard drive, move it to a PC and try to save it? Easiest way to do it? Jailbreak that sucka.

Sad that I had to hack my phone to get pictures off without throwing it through a wall.

I use the photobucket app so I dunno whatcha talkin bout.q
I do, with Google, and it's seamless. Have you ever tried to take a photo off an iPhone on a Macbook, put it on an external hard drive, move it to a PC and try to save it? Easiest way to do it? Jailbreak that sucka.

Sad that I had to hack my phone to get pictures off without throwing it through a wall.

Dude, Imagecapture to harddrive. Bingo.
And then you have to deal with the vault known as iPhoto.

Im not exactly electronic illiterate, dude.

Try doing it with 1600+ photos.
I have a PC, and find it super easy to get photos and video's off my phone. Like really easy.

I have a PC, and find it super easy to get photos and video's off my phone. Like really easy.
I agree, with a PC. However, I am talking about using the cloud to wireless transfer photos from an iPhone to the Macbook, remove from iPhoto, and then transfer to a PC.

And then you have to deal with the vault known as iPhoto.

Im not exactly electronic illiterate, dude.

Im not calling you computer illiterate, but Ive bypassed iphoto many times through image capture. I actually like backdooring into iphoto.

I agree, with a PC. However, I am talking about using the cloud to wireless transfer photos from an iPhone to the Macbook, remove from iPhoto, and then transfer to a PC.
So then Mac has made it more difficult to use an iphone connected to a mac, then connected to a PC? Thats stupid.

So then Mac has made it more difficult to use an iphone connected to a mac, then connected to a PC? Thats stupid.
I seriously think that at times, they have. It's annoying. I find it much easier to use a PC with an iPhone than with a Mac.

On another topic... Apple sues Samsung due to their devices designs being copied...but...

ipod-nano-lumia-800.jpg

I seriously think that at times, they have. It's annoying. I find it much easier to use a PC with an iPhone than with a Mac.
That makes me laugh. I was wondering what you guys were talking about as I've never had a Mac computer. You would think drag and drop would just be the way to do it. Sometimes they try to make the OS so "user friendly" (see windows Vista) that it actually makes the OS unusable.

Oh I bet that lawsuit is in the works now that a legal precedent has been set

On another topic... Apple sues Samsung due to their devices designs being copied...but...

ipod-nano-lumia-800.jpg

Interesting that even with the new dock for the iPhone 5, Apple says that the new dock wont work with a lot of older model accessories...

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/13/technology/apple-lightning-adapter/index.html

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The Twittersphere was aghast about the hefty $29 and $39 price tags Apple is placing on adapters to connect the iPhone 5 to old docks, alarm clock radios and speaker systems."What a rip off!" said @chrisoldroyd.

"It's time to gouge our customers for a ton more money," Disqus commenter dawsg4ever quipped.
It's an absurdly high price to charge, but the anger may have been misplaced. What should have sparked outrage is that those expensive adapters don't support video or a feature called "iPod Out". That means if you buy a $29 adapter so you can plug your iPhone 5 into your speaker dock, there's a chance you won't actually be able to play music through the speakers.
Which is, you know, the point of buying the adapter in the first place.
Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) said nothing about that lack of functionalityin its presentation on Wednesday. But in its description of both the $29 and $39 adapters on its online store, Apple clearly says "Video and iPod Out not supported."
The old 30-pin connector that Apple had been using on all iPods, iPads and iPhones since 2003 was able to send an analog signal out, which many cars, docks and other gadgets picked up to control the iPod and play music through their speakers. The new eight-prong Lightning adapter is all digital, but Apple did not respond to requests for comment about why the adapter wasn't designed to convert the digital signal to analog.
Some older speaker docks that aren't compatible with the adapter will still be able to play music from an iPhone 5 by connecting a cord from an auxiliary jack to the iPhone's headphone jack. But that kind of misses the point of the dock in the first place.
So what's the point of the adapter? Apple says that its "intelligent adapter" will allow customers to connect the iPhone 5 to "many of your 30-pin accessories."
The adapter can be used to charge iPhone 5 phones through old docks or connect them to a PC via old cables, for instance, though Apple will be supplying a Lightning-to-USB adapter and a wall plug with its devices that will be able to accomplish that task
Most angry commenters were upset about the price, but a few caught on to the lack of video and audio support.
Said @misterfrosty, "So won't work with docs? Utter madness!"
"Uh oh... iPhone 5 Lightning connection may not work with old docks or adapter," tweeted @pm_girl
The new Lightning connector is 80% smaller than Apple's old one, a feat that helped Apple make the iPhone 5 the thinnest iPhone yet. Some took to Twitter to put the Lightning snafu into perspective.
"I don't think the iPhone 5 is disappointing, I just think people expected it to shoot unicorns out of its lightning connector," said @NasriAtallah.

Tough decision for me today...

I have to put in an order for a new tablet by the end of the day. Any of the Android tabs are available. There was talk for a bit about possibly an ipad mini, but orders have to go in today.

For some reason I can't get the "new" I ipad, but would be able to get an ipad 2.

So, do I upgrade now and get a galaxy tab or galaxy note 10.1, or wait a year and hope my original ipad hangs on?

I would go with the Note 10.1 if you want to stick with Android and iPad2 for iOs. I guess it comes down to what apps do you need for work. From the apps, what features does one offer from Android compared iOS. Apps are not always the same between the two.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

That's bad stuff there War Eagle. I sure am glad I don't have a bunch of devices that I hook it to where I would be impacted, that would definitely suck.

On another note, loaded Mountain Lion onto my Mac this morning, pretty nifty.

I would go with the Note 10.1 if you want to stick with Android and iPad2 for iOs. I guess it comes down to what apps do you need for work. From the apps, what features does one offer from Android compared iOS. Apps are not always the same between the two.

Everything I use the tablet for is Web based, and flash does help a good bit. I really like the features on the Note 10.1 of the dual screen with having a note pad open for notes on one side and the browser opened on the other side. It would be a lot easier to do that than to switch back and forth with multitasking on my iPad.

That's bad stuff there War Eagle. I sure am glad I don't have a bunch of devices that I hook it to where I would be impacted, that would definitely suck.

Oh yeah, I need to do that. Did you have to back up your data before upgrading?

Tough decision for me today...

I have to put in an order for a new tablet by the end of the day. Any of the Android tabs are available. There was talk for a bit about possibly an ipad mini, but orders have to go in today.

For some reason I can't get the "new" I ipad, but would be able to get an ipad 2.

So, do I upgrade now and get a galaxy tab or galaxy note 10.1, or wait a year and hope my original ipad hangs on?

Kindle Fire HD?

It's also the reason I have always wanted to use bluetooth accessories (speakers), that way it didnt matter which phone I had I could still use it.

Oh I bet that lawsuit is in the works now that a legal precedent has been set

Depends who has a hold of the patents. My guess they both do and they will nip pick each design to get at each other kind of like the current Apple/Samsung cases. In Europe, Apple won't the case so MS now can't sell the Win8 phone, but in Australia MS won and Apple can't sell Nano's....blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back