Nventix Nunchuk 370 Review Forum Testing

Yeah its a great shaft for off the tee but I don't think it will shine trying to hit the green unless you are running one up the neck on to the green.

Oh I hear you PD. Reading about the lack of spin it's best not use this for a approach shot to the green. Off the tee and really long par 5's this shaft sounds ideal.

I just got done playing 9 holes and it is amazing how much I miss my Nunchuk'd Mashie. There were 4 times where I wished I had it. The Nunchuk hybrid shaft has secured a spot in my bag.

Yeah its a great shaft for off the tee but I don't think it will shine trying to hit the green unless you are running one up the neck on to the green.

I agree with this, but I think it can be fine if the greens are soft. In my limited experience hitting this into a green, I saw about 20 feet of roll out. The greens were soft, but it did hold the green nonetheless. It definitely is a winner off the tee though. It has changed my tee game drastically. Also, I don't even hit my 3W anymore because this club is just as long (total yards) and usually more accurate.

I just killed the ball today with the nunchuks. Distance with the hybrid is unreal. 3 hybrid went 240 . Crazy.

Hopefully picking up my Nunchuk'd Mashie before my round at 2:00. On Friday they said their club builder was out for the day, but he would get it done "first thing" on Saturday and call me when it's ready. Never called. I was working from 1-9pm or I would've called them.

I REALLY hope it's ready, because the course we are playing isn't very long, so this club could be very very beneficial.

Just catching up on this one. Must say that this shaft is interesting. Sounding more and more like a solid choice for anyone who likes playing a lot of fairway woods or hybrids for position from the tee. I think more of us could use that sort of tactic.

The price alone would probably put me off pulling the trigger, as I wouldn't have the chance to demo it.

Just catching up on this one. Must say that this shaft is interesting. Sounding more and more like a solid choice for anyone who likes playing a lot of fairway woods or hybrids for position from the tee. I think more of us could use that sort of tactic.

The price alone would probably put me off pulling the trigger, as I wouldn't have the chance to demo it.

I can agree with this. I personally would have never gave this shaft a shot without the chance to demo it. But it really is a great shaft. If the weather hangs in there tomorrow I'm going to get a round in with it. I haven't personally looked at pricing for it, but if its along the lines of other premium shafts I can see how it would be hard to pull a trigger on it.

Last edited:
NVentix repping this thread on Facebook. Keep up the good work guys!

NVentix repping this thread on Facebook. Keep up the good work guys!

And on Twitter! Thanks everyone for following along!

And on Twitter! Thanks everyone for following along!

Yeah it was awesome to see you and JCon's names on there!! Well done by you two!!!

Got out yesterday and put it through its paces again. I did get to hit a new shot with it yesterday and had a pretty good result. Had about 200 to the green, but was back behind a tree, and no way to go over. Had an opening to go under and it was a straight line to the green. Choked down just short of the shaft and took a swipe at it. Came out low, but it got up and carried probably 165 yards or so, bounce and some roll just short of the green. That was a nice shot to see. Another shot that I haven't really hit was out of rough, got a nice strike on one from a downhill lie out of the rough. I knew i hit well, but must of got a big bounce and some roll as the ball was about 25 yards past where I thought it wound up.

Overall it was a pretty good day for it, had one bad shot with it, that was more swing than the club. Hit probably the fartherest tee ball with it yet. I wish I GPS'ed it off, but based on similar tee shots on the same hole, it was probably 255 or so. Very playable and have been able to hit pretty much any shot with it I have dialed up.

First things first, sorry for the delay. I've played 63 holes since picking up the repaired Nunckuk'd Mashie on Sunday. 18 Sunday, 18 Monday, 9 Tuesday, 18 today. Unfortunately, other than today, they were all either before or after work. So I would go straight from the course to work, or vice versa. By the end of the day I was simply beat and ready for bed. I apologize for my absence.

Another note: testing a shaft (or shafts) is difficult! I have gained a TON of respect for TC and JB (and others). It is very tough to put what you are feeling into words, and it is hard to know how much of a role the shaft plays in a particular shot. On to the important stuff.

Like I said, I have played 63 holes this week, and have hit this club quite a few times. The Nunchuk'd Mashie honestly helped me score better in all three full rounds. Instead of breaking it down round by round, I'm going to do some generalizing.

Distance:
This thing is LONG! I can almost count on carrying the ball 210-215 yards. Obviously mishits are shorter, but I have still seen very good distance out of mishits. Depending on conditions, I have been seeing anywhere from 10-40 yards of rollout, seriously! I have hit some absolute bombs with this combo (multiple 250+), and this shaft has definitely added distance for me.

Flex/Feel:
I am honestly surprised at just how good this shaft feels. The whole "no flex" or a "one flex fits all" description led me to believe it would be a piece of rebar both in flex and in feel. It is definitely stout, but it is not apparent when swinging it. It feels great throughout the swing, and at impact.

Dispersion:
This combo has become my "go-to" fairway finder for any hole under 375 yards because it has been so accurate for me. I did have a couple shots go hard left on me this week, but overall most shots were executed as planned. The dispersion with this shaft is better than any hybrid I've ever had.

Ball flight:
I am seeing a nice mid ball flight, which is typically quite straight. I love this ball flight. Nothing else to say here.

Overall:
I am absolutely loving this shaft/combo. It is LONG, straight, accurate, and feels good. I did have a few opportunities to hit this in windy conditions, and it seemed to cut through the wind quite well. I will make a point to hit this into some greens this week to see if the reduced spin doesn't allow it to hold the green.

As always, thanks for reading. Please ask any and all questions. Thank you again THP and Nventix for allowing me to test this shaft!

Got out yesterday and put it through its paces again. I did get to hit a new shot with it yesterday and had a pretty good result. Had about 200 to the green, but was back behind a tree, and no way to go over. Had an opening to go under and it was a straight line to the green. Choked down just short of the shaft and took a swipe at it. Came out low, but it got up and carried probably 165 yards or so, bounce and some roll just short of the green. That was a nice shot to see. Another shot that I haven't really hit was out of rough, got a nice strike on one from a downhill lie out of the rough. I knew i hit well, but must of got a big bounce and some roll as the ball was about 25 yards past where I thought it wound up.

Overall it was a pretty good day for it, had one bad shot with it, that was more swing than the club. Hit probably the fartherest tee ball with it yet. I wish I GPS'ed it off, but based on similar tee shots on the same hole, it was probably 255 or so. Very playable and have been able to hit pretty much any shot with it I have dialed up.

I forgot to mention punch outs in my update. I have hit a ton of punch outs with this combo and it works great. Still seems to have some nice "pop" to it with a condensed swing. Nice and straight too.

Guys, do you feel like this shaft is suited to one particular kind of shot, or best in one particular club? Or would you be happy to game it in all your woods/hybrids?

Reason I ask is that I tend to swing differently in terms of aggression (if you will) between my driver, and my other woods and hybrids. Might be due to the shafts in there and how they react, might be due to how my swing reacts when I go after one.

Guys, do you feel like this shaft is suited to one particular kind of shot, or best in one particular club? Or would you be happy to game it in all your woods/hybrids?

Reason I ask is that I tend to swing differently in terms of aggression (if you will) between my driver, and my other woods and hybrids. Might be due to the shafts in there and how they react, might be due to how my swing reacts when I go after one.

I wouldn't put it in a higher lofted hybrid or even fairway wood. Its just not suited to hitting into a green unless the green is soft. I still feel my best results swing wise are when I'm a little more aggressive. When my tempo gets a
little slow the results aren't as good. I seem to be able to every shot I want with it. I feel it shines best off the tee and long second shots into par-5's when trying to just run one up when you have some room in front of the green.

Hope that answered your question Paulo.

You guy's are def. rocking this test thread.
I've got the itch to put one of these into my Superfast 18* and turn it into a Fairway bomber.
So jealous of you guy's, keep up the great work reviewing this shaft.

I wouldn't put it in a higher lofted hybrid or even fairway wood. Its just not suited to hitting into a green unless the green is soft. I still feel my best results swing wise are when I'm a little more aggressive. When my tempo gets a
little slow the results aren't as good. I seem to be able to every shot I want with it. I feel it shines best off the tee and long second shots into par-5's when trying to just run one up when you have some room in front of the green.

Hope that answered your question Paulo.

Cheers pd, that makes sense. Low launch and reacts best to an aggressive transition? Would you say you need to feel like you're swinging quick to get this to perform?

Thanks for the question Paulo! I would have to agree with Playdough on this one. 19* is probably the highest lofted club I'd put this shaft in. Mostly because I think I'd want to hit a higher lofted hybrid into greens and this shaft (so far) is not great at that due to the reduced spin. This is by far the best hybrid I've had for tee shots and second shots on par 5s. I have hit a handful of greens in two by running one up with this club.

I would love to try a Nunchuk in a FW wood, as I think it could be a beast off the tee.

Cheers pd, that makes sense. Low launch and reacts best to an aggressive transition? Would you say you need to feel like you're swinging quick to get this to perform?

I don't think it requires an aggressive transition, or quick swing at all. In fact, I've seen my best results with a nice smooth swing. This could be just my swing, the Mashie head, the shaft, or a combo of all three. Ive had a few people try this hybrid and, from a small sample, it does well with a bunch of types of swings.

I would say that I'm pretty aggressive at the transition. I take it back to about 3/4 or just short of parallel and generate around 100 MPH of club head speed. I take it back at a pretty moderate tempo. I think on the first couple pages of the thread is a couple videos of my swing for an idea of my swing and tempo. I certainly agree with low launch but I feel the launch can be manipulated with ball position and swing steepness.

STRAIGHT BOMBER!!! Thats the words of the day for today with this hybrid combo. So I went pretty much the same route as Jconn today, anything under 400 was hybrid off the tee. Not many chances for that on the front nine of the course I played today which was Southern Dunes in Indy. It was off and on rain for most of the front nine, and I've been really stiff the last couple times I have played for the first half a dozen swings and today was no different. I'm having a small swing flaw right at the moment of impact that I'm fighting and it got me couple of times early and shook my confidence. But once I got rolling, it was on. Most of the short Par 4's are in the 350-390 range. Every Par-4 I hit hybrid from the tee I hit the center of the fairway and had less than 150 yards. Couple of shorter ones less than 125. Out of the fairway was a little of struggle today as both times I was trying to get just a little extra as I was just outside of my range for it and cought them just a little heavy. One great fairway shot was an approach from 225 to the center, about 245-250 all the way to the back to the pin. Choked down about a inch to hit a low punching kind of shot, hit the front edge of the green with 210 carry, and about 10 paces of rollout. Just missed the eagle putt, but a kick in birdie.

I'm seeing great sucess with this combo. Its a bomber shaft for low lofted hybos. This could really be a game changer for someone who isn't comfortable hitting 3-metals from the tee or off the deck and likes the forgivness that a hybrid gives. This could very easily replace my 3-metal, and I was actually thinking of a bag setup that is only hybrids to my 4-iron. Something like Driver, 16* Hybrid, and then like a 21-22* Hybrid to close the gap and give something for longish par 3's or something to hit into greens on short par 5's. Fire away with any questions or thoughts.

Last edited:
Guys does this shaft only come in one flex? and if so do you think it would work for someone who has a 86-90 mph driver swing speed?
How do you think it would perform in a 14*,15.5*, or 18* mashie FW or maybe the 15.5* M1.?
Or possibly in my tour edge 11.5* 3-wood?

Guys does this shaft only come in one flex? and if so do you think it would work for someone who has a 86-90 mph driver swing speed?
How do you think it would perform in a 14*,15.5*, or 18* mashie FW or maybe the 15.5* M1.?

There is no flex code. It plays stiff, but its not the rebar or telephone pole some make it out to be. I would say that you could play it without much problem, but I can't know for sure. Jconn might be closer in swing speed to you, but I'm not sure of that either. I'm near 100 mph with my hybrid up over 110 with my driver... I think it would perform great in any of those clubs you mentioned. It may not work in your Tour Edge, the shaft we are testing is a .370 tip, but they do make a .335 version as well. I'm on record in thread as stating anything over 18* is not the right option for this shaft, IMO. Jconn has his in a 18* Mashie and has seen great results, mine is a 16* Rescue 11 and I'm seeing great results. So I really think any of those heads you mentioned will be a great option for this shaft as it is a lower launching and lower spinning for better distance, but wont have as much stopping power on the green as other hybrid shaft options. Great questions mate and I hope I answered them for you..

Glad you had a great day with it Playdough! It really has changed my tee game and has saved me from potentially hitting into trouble many times (with a driver). For example, there is a 380ish yard par 4 at the course I work at. Hitting driver (or getting ahold of a 3W) puts a FW bunker into play on one side, and long nasty stuff on the other side. In the past, I just "hit and hoped" I found the short grass because an iron (or my previous hybrid) wasn't long enough to get me within 150. Now, I hit my Nunchuk'd Mashie and am usually right around the 150 stick, being as close as 125 one time.

Thanks for the question. As Playdough mentioned, it is a "one flex fits all" shaft, and they claim it works with almost all swing speeds. You are giving me a great idea, I will try to get some people with similar SS to yours (or a wide range) to hit this and I'll post how it goes. I agree with PD on this one, any of those would be fine IMO as they are fairly low lofted. I would be very interested in this shaft in a FW as it could be a beast!

ETA: my driver SS is between 108-110 FYI.

I got out to play 9 holes and played the back 9 by myself for practice. I was able to hit my Nunchuk'd Mashie a few times during the front 9 and hit it a bunch on the back (just dropped a few balls and hit on multiple holes). Recently, I have started playing more of a draw throughout my entire bag, and the Mashie is no exception. I did have a couple hooks, but nothing too bad, still playable. I am still seeing some great distance with this hybrid, but am seeing less rollout as the ground is getting softer, so my total yardage is down a bit. Carry distance is still right around 210.

One thing I was able to test today was hitting the Nunchuk'd Mashie into a green. I am happily surprised to say that it held the green every time I hit it (the green). I did find out that I'm not as accurate with it as I thought I was. Hitting a green is harder than hitting a FW, lol. My misses were left of the green, still playable, but simply had more draw than I would have liked/planned for. They would have been perfectly acceptable if I was hitting a tee shot, or a 2nd shot into a par 5, but hitting into a smaller target, not good enough. This is something I'm going to work on tomorrow as well. I did hit one to about 6 feet from 205 out with the wind dead in my face. That was the shot of the day with this club. More to come tomorrow.

Please ask any and all questions, thanks for reading!

Back