New TaylorMade Irons Spotted

What? So AP2's, CMB's, I20's, R9 TP's, JPX825's, etc. etc. are all too wide for tour players?

Yeah, Watney, Dufner, ZJ, Westwood, Ryan Moore, Camilo and Jason Day are silly :alien:

Yeah, Watney, Dufner, ZJ, Westwood, Ryan Moore, Camilo and Jason Day are silly :alien:

Just Westwood! HAHA

Golfwrx has a lot of pics. They look very intriguing to me. Something I would look into but not sure I would actually play. I wonder how the slot will alter the feel of the club. All in all, from what I can see, the club head shape looks nice with a pocket cavity I've been looking to dive into and play.

these look very nice indeed, except that I don't really like the slot on the bottom

Golfwrx has a lot of pics. They look very intriguing to me. Something I would look into but not sure I would actually play. I wonder how the slot will alter the feel of the club. All in all, from what I can see, the club head shape looks nice with a pocket cavity I've been looking to dive into and play.

lol, I don't know how much the slot would alter the feel, it doesn't look too deep, I bet this will be a fun set to try out. The pocket cavity doesn't bother me that much though, i've seen worse things!

This is what I have been waiting on. Since I may need to get new irons someday (mine are pretty old), I hit quite a few sets each spring to see what's out there, and whether any are worth spending money on to replace my current irons. I have been anxiously awaiting TM's latest line of something between players and GIs. These appear to fit in that category, sort of a cavity back with a thicker sole to pop the ball up.

Looking forward to trying these and comparing them to some other new irons next spring.

~Rock

I just hope the cavity isn't full of red or green.
I think there will be some green, but I think(am hoping) it will be subtle

Really looking forward to seeing what these look like at address. I agree with TC, I hope they don't do anything silly with the color of the cavity.

So after perusing a few pictures, it looks like the slotline/speedline is not in all of the irons. It also looks like the higher lofted irons are getting wider soles.

Of course, they are polished chrome, so the picture can play tricks on my eyes in terms of sole width and whether the speedline slot is in all of the irons or not.

Cannot wait!

~Rock

Probably gonna give you 18 yards! J/k they look something similar to AP2's

These look intriguing...maybe they'll make some for we lefties!

These look intriguing...maybe they'll make some for we lefties!

That would be nice. I hated the fact that they didn't make their MBs in LH (even if I probably couldn't hit them well). These look like something that they will release for both RH and LH though.

They are okay... The problem that I have is when branding trumps design. The bar on the back is created to mimic the T in the TaylorMade logo. The slot, so far, looks like an afterthought, or added because they acquired Adams.. It all screams "look at me, I am the next hot thing", which is the point of new products to a certain degree, but not at a pandering expense...

I am either a moron or didn't have enough coffee yet this morning. I play the cb's and have been pondering my next iron upgrade. When I saw the pics this morning I got a little excited. Looks like a nice set falling in between that gi/player range. If they don't have the speed slot throughout the set I will be very interested to see how they perform distance control wise. Either way Im interested.

Also just wanted to say I have been reading the boards for months now and really enjoy the info and all around quality of this site. Gonna try and post my thoughts more often as this site has really helped me improve my game. Thanks!!

I had a feeling when they took over Adams it was for this tech. Really hoping they are forged cause they would replace my TP MB's sometime in the next year or so. If they aren't forged I don't see them fitting with what TM has done lately. I think they need an alternative to the R11 and Rocketball series as they are cast. Please keep the buttery feel of those MB's Taylormade!!!

These are sharp looking irons look like a similar profile to the R9TP. The Velocity Slot has me intrigued also so that just makes me think they will be grouped under the RBZ name badge. RBZ TP?

These definitely look interesting but still undecided on the speed slot. If it's similar to the RBZ woods, I would rather have more forgiveness than distance. Don't get me wrong. It would be cool to hit a PW 150yds, but would add gap problem with the scoring irons.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

These are sharp looking irons look like a similar profile to the R9TP. The Velocity Slot has me intrigued also so that just makes me think they will be grouped under the RBZ name badge. RBZ TP?

Judging from possible other products coming out, makes me thinking that these won't be under the RBZ name.

Judging from possible other products coming out, makes me thinking that these won't be under the RBZ name.

I thought some of the same, it's probably a new one or maybe a follow up to the R11.

They look like a very clean sharp iron. Will be interesting to see what goes in the cavity

I changed my mind. After seeing these again, I am liking them a little bit more. I still hate the fact that they have glued/double sided tape cavity badges though. They need to figure out a screw system so you can customize your own cavity.

Back