McDonalds LPGA Championship [Spoilers, oh yes, spoilers.]

I got to see some of this on the elliptical this morning, and was going to say the same stuff about Shanshan Feng and Christina's putter. It's pretty cool looking, though.

I actually agree with the limited shots of Feng in the opening round. With the exception of hardcore LPGA fans few want to see her or know who she is. If her score stays top 5 then we will see her come the weekend.

I am not loving the looks of Christina Kim's new putter but if it works for her than more power to her.

Harry:

I noticed the same thing about Michelle's interview she was doing so well and then all of a sudden every other word was "you know". I also noticed that Paula's skirts are approaching the same length as Natalie's. I will say, however, with legs like both of theirs, I don't blame them ; )

I would love to see Wie start out hot today and climb into early contention.

I am with you JB. For some reason I would like to see Wie finally win something. I think her parents have put her through a lot and it is time for her to catch a break. She really seems like a nice young lady.

That is very true GCG, but I am also looking at it for the spart it would give to the LPGA. Finally being seen for more than a second on Sportscenter only happens when you get the "needle movers". She is the needle mover on the LPGA right now.

Watching the Kim / Wie exchanges yesterday, Wie definitely came across as the young paduan in the relationship. In a good way. But, given all the publicity she's had, I kind of forget sometimes how young she really is.

If she was any other rookie, her start to this year would be incredible.

Very true JB, it is a shame at how the LPGA is treated. I really enjoy watching it more since I can actually relate to how far they hit the ball. And of course many of them are much more pleasing to look at than John Daly.

Looks like the weather may hold up for today.

I watched on my DVR at about 10:30 last night. (Sox-Yanks game at 7:00) Christina Kim was hilarious. Love that she is being mic'd again and smart move to put her with Michelle. Not only because the two of the were interacting, but because you know the TV coverage will be there with Wie.
As we know I am not a big Dottie Pepper fan and I thought the commentating was awful. Didn't seem like Dottie liked Christina out on the course, which I think was kind of funny since Dottie was so verbal as well.

Hoping some of the girls make a move up the leaderboard today.

Soxy,
I agree 100%. LPGA commentating is bad overall, but that is usually because they get the "B" team it seems.

Lerner was atrocious yesterday, I thought.

Katherine Hull is making quite a move today. That's a good thing--she's a cutie and a sweetie.

Gulbis looks like she is wearing maternity wear.

Ochoa is playing well, but still leaving every single putt short.

The Bad Kind of Birdie

The Bad Kind of Birdie

I'm guessing this didn't make it to the TV broadcast?

LPGA player's drive kills robin

HAVRE DE GRACE, Md. -- Ahn Shi-hyun's drive on the ninth hole at the LPGA Championship on Friday hit a robin, killing the bird in a puff of feathers.

"It's a shame," marshal Nina Dawson told Reuters. "The bird was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was instantaneous."

South Korea's Ahn made the turn at 2 under par for the second round and was 1 under for the tournament.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4253883

As we know I am not a big Dottie Pepper fan and I thought the commentating was awful. Didn't seem like Dottie liked Christina out on the course, which I think was kind of funny since Dottie was so verbal as well.

I like Dottie.

Wow, rough day on the course for a lot of these ladies. Christina Kim finished horribly with a double on the 6th (she started on the back 9 though, so her 15th) and then bogied the 9th (her last) to miss the cut by one! Five over for the day, 4 over for the tournament. Morgan Pressel also missed the cut by one with 3 bogies on the front nine for her.
Not very exciting at the top of the leaderboard. I was disappointed that we didn't see Kristy McPherson on the broadcast at all. She was 2 under for the day, 4 under overall to be tied for 8th. (3 behind the leader) I am hoping that she gets paired with Stacy Lewis who is also at 4 under tomorrow and we get to see a lot of them. It will be interesting to see if Anna Nordqvist can hold onto her lead. LPGA championship as her first professional win?

Pairings for tomorrow: Saturday

Didn't get my wish of Kristy and Stacy, but here are a few interesting pairings:
Start Time : 10:53 AM
Helen Alfredsson
Seon Hwa Lee

Start Time : 11:02 AM
Heather Bowie Young
Suzann Pettersen

Start Time : 11:11 AM
Marisa Baena
Michelle Wie

Start Time : 11:47 AM
Juli Inkster
Yani Tseng

Start Time : 12:14 PM
Sophie Gustafson
Paula Creamer

Start Time : 1:53 PM
Jiyai Shin
Lorena Ochoa

Start Time : 2:02 PM
Jin Young Pak
Stacy Lewis

Start Time : 2:11 PM
Na Yeon Choi
Kristy McPherson

Start Time : 2:20 PM
Kyeong Bae
Hee-Won Han

Start Time : 2:29 PM
Lindsey Wright
Katherine Hull

Start Time : 2:38 PM
Anna Nordqvist
Nicole Castrale

Not a great leaderboard for the networks, but still somoe big names in there

Anyone else notice for the last two days it seemed like the territory ouside the ropes was relatively bare of humans? I.e., not many spectators so far.

For Claire:
37dcd69c-dd67-48c6-8658-8e9c731f7e8d.jpg
HelenAlfredsson.jpg

Anyone else notice for the last two days it seemed like the territory ouside the ropes was relatively bare of humans? I.e., not many spectators so far.

I cannot believe how few spectators there are WSE. I am curious about the ratings when they come out on the networks.

Wow. Paige MacKenzie had a horrible day (+5) and only made the cut because of her play yesterday.

Jiyai Shin is sneaking up on the leaders again.

Shanshan Feng was -5 yesterday and shot +10 today! Wow!

Like soxy mentioned, Stacy Lewis is hanging in there. Even today and -4 overall.
ImageThumbnailer.ashx

Laura Davies W/D'd.

Dana Bates (Big Break: Ka'anapali) shot +17 today and is dead last at +24, which is 8 shots worse than the second-to-last player.

Good grief, what happened here:
ImageThumbnailer.ashx

Anyone know what kind of snake that was that they showed during the broadcast:
ImageThumbnailer.ashx

Christina . . . :sad:
ImageThumbnailer.ashx

Interesting interview with Blair O'Neal of Big Break:pEI. I wonder how she will respond to being paired with Michelle Wie for the U.S. Open qualifier? If I lived there, I would go to see it for sure. Two huge hitters paired together - should be fun to watch.

Back