Some others of interest:

Vijay Singh, Jeev Milkha Singh, and KJ Choi
Ian Poulter, Justin Leonard, and Robert Allenby
Lee Westwood, Zach Johnson, and Shingo Katayama
Rocco Mediate, Kenny Perry, and Tom Lehman
Geoff Ogilvy, Jim Furyk, and Paul Casey

That's a great caption: "So Close, Yet So Lazy." :D

Those are words to live by.:act-up:

I saw that NBC is only showing 3 hours of each of the first rounds. Whats up with that? I only have Direct TV in the office so ill be spending a lot of time there.

I saw that there are a lot of first round pairings of people with the same (or phonetically the same) last names who aren't related. Like the Singhs. Just the USGA's idea of a fun time.

Those are words to live by.:act-up:

I saw that NBC is only showing 3 hours of each of the first rounds. Whats up with that? I only have Direct TV in the office so ill be spending a lot of time there.

ESPN is carrying the rest of the broadcast:

According to my DVR (times are Pacific):
7am - 12pm ESPN
12pm - 2 pm NBC
2pm - 4pm ESPN
5pm - 8pm ESPN
I'm guessing that the 5pm - 8pm is a rebroadcast of some kind.

ESPN is carrying the rest of the broadcast:

According to my DVR (times are Pacific):
7am - 12pm ESPN
12pm - 2 pm NBC
2pm - 4pm ESPN
5pm - 8pm ESPN
I'm guessing that the 5pm - 8pm is a rebroadcast of some kind.

Awesome, I forgot about ESPN, the DVR is set. The only downside will be listening to Chris Berman.

Yes, we will get tons of great coverage with this one.

And for the iPhone users, there's a US Open app that will show video of the marquee group on Thurs/Fri, and the 17th on Sat/Sun.

That will go well with our contest.

Caleb C will have his US Open Preview up tomorrow on the main site for everybody to take a look at.

ok...it's official...I just got my tickets for the final round on sunday. you could say Im just a little bit excited...

Have fun! I went to the final round last year. It was a great experience.
Hope you like crowds. :D

You either have to camp out at 18 early to get a seat in the grandstand, or at a strategic spot on the course and watch everyone go through. This is especially true if you want to see Tiger up close like on the tee box. Last year, they had these portable TVs or something available so you could see the broadcast while out on the course. They ran out of them really early though. And if there is a playoff, you'll have to find a scalper. The playoff tickets are only available to the people who buy the weeks worth of tickets.

If you plan to do any shopping, do it now. There won't be anything left by Sunday.

FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (AP)—Phil Mickelson has arrived at the U.S. Open with a series of text messages and notes from wife Amy, who is home preparing to fight breast cancer.

She wants him to return with the U.S. Open trophy.

Mickelson only decided to return to Bethpage Black two weeks ago after disclosing that his wife has been diagnosed with cancer. He was runner-up to Tiger Woods in 2002, and already has tied the U.S. Open record with four second-place finishes.

“She has left me a number of notes, texts, cards, hints that she would like a silver trophy in her hospital room,” Mickelson said Wednesday. “I’m going to try to accommodate that.”

She will have surgery July 1.

Huge news Geezer

I will still remember him like like this with GG.

488889720_rgu7b-L.jpg

We spent some time with him at Doral. He took a liking to GG...hehe. kidding of course.

Hope he's not on GG's list of five celebrities.

Im her only celebrity WSE...hehe. Although she talks about Harry a lot. And then there is Rocco that is her man.

Come to think about it.....Oh Nevermind.

They are talking to GG's boyfriend on TGC.

Just turned it on...Thanks

This is the tournament that got my now wife hooked on golf and for that I thank the US Open and even moreso Rocco Mediate.

Bring it on, I am excited.

So tomorrow we will not be able to watch the whole event and catch it in spots. We found out today that we will be heading south to see my father and step mother for the day. The reason is because my sister is coming to see them for the day (visiting my mother from NC). I have not spoken to my sister in almost 12 years and have not seen her in nearly 20. She has two children now so apparently I am an Uncle and my father is a grandfather which I think is actually comical in some ways.

But that is me, I have to make humor out of uncomfortable situations. Glad my new wife will be there with me and we are bringing out Super Dog Ellie with us to help us make it through this day.

But they better have the open on.

Since I cannot enter the contest, I will make my picks official atleast since last large tourny I picked the 1st and 2nd place in two picks. hehe

This week I really like

Dustin Johnson and Jim Furyk

Dark Horse - Briny Baird

I also think Sergio has a strong chance this week to win it.

Back