Status
Not open for further replies.
How often and where do you guy's shoot your guns?

I try to shoot every time I am out at my farm-at least once a month. I'm not a great shooter but I love to shoot and stay in practice for deer season and put rounds through the handguns. One of our farms is in a river bottom and you can take a shot about as far as you can see. My cousin was a sniper in the military and he shoots at 800 and 1,000 yards every once in a while...dude is on a whole different level.

Jealous of the lad you have available to you out there, nice to just go out set up some targets and just do your thing. I am lucky to have a few out door places near by, and i try and get a course or two in every six months or so.

That's cool you do shooting courses, I have watched alot of videos of them but have never tried one myself. It looks like a blast.

When I lived out west I used to be able to do that. When I first got my guns I called the Police to ask about that and was told to look around. If you cant see any form of civilization in any direction, happy shooting. It was awesome. We'd shoot cans, bottles, hairspray, targets, and anything else that needed a hole in it.

Yeah it's a blast out in the desert. I am lucky to be out in Arizona. Tons of golf courses and tons of open shooting land haha. Where did you live out west?

We have a lot of area to go out shooting too. A buddy of mine just bought some exploding targets. I think we'll take them out this weekend.

That's awesome dude. Is it tanerite? That stuff is fun to shoot.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by HoselRocket104
We have a lot of area to go out shooting too. A buddy of mine just bought some exploding targets. I think we'll take them out this weekend.
That's awesome dude. Is it tanerite? That stuff is fun to shoot.

Not sure what it is but we'll probably shoot some of them this weekend. I'm a terrible shot so it will probably be my buddy that hits them.

Got to shoot a mozan nagant today. Holy hell that thing is loud. I also shot a full rock river AR with an eotech holographic site. So sweet.

Last edited:
Got to shoot a mozan nagant today. Holy hell that thing is loud. I also shot a full rock river AD witb an eotech holographic site. So sweet.

nice bump Jrod.... just got off the phone with my pops he just bought a new springfield armory 45 and hes going to engrave the whole gun himself. i'm pretty excited to see the final project when hes done. hes amazing at that stuff.

nice bump Jrod.... just got off the phone with my pops he just bought a new springfield armory 45 and hes going to engrave the whole gun himself. i'm pretty excited to see the final project when hes done. hes amazing at that stuff.

This was the first time I had my sig out since having the trigger redone and it was awful. It was misfiring about every third shot. He warned me it might happen but it still sucked.

That's freaking awesome he is going to do his own engraving. +1 on being excited on how it turns out. You gotta post some pics when he's done.

That's freaking awesome he is going to do his own engraving. +1 on being excited on how it turns out. You gotta post some pics when he's done.

yeah i def will. it might take some time hes been working on a few "projects" for years but thats how he rolls i dunno where on the list this will end up. Hes really amazing he builds black powder kentucky long rifles all by hand. its amazing how much patience he has and how little i have.

Heres a pic of 2 matching dueling pistols he built for me by far my favorite hes ever built.

CIMG0734.jpg

yeah i def will. it might take some time hes been working on a few "projects" for years but thats how he rolls i dunno where on the list this will end up. Hes really amazing he builds black powder kentucky long rifles all by hand. its amazing how much patience he has and how little i have.

Heres a pic of 2 matching dueling pistols he built for me by far my favorite hes ever built.

CIMG0734.jpg

Those are beautiful man. He does some great work. I also recall him doing great work along side you with you putter racks.

I totally get working on multiple projects and taking time with them, I am the same way haha. However long it takes though, I'm sure the results will be great.

Those are beautiful man. He does some great work. I also recall him doing great work along side you with you putter racks.

I totally get working on multiple projects and taking time with them, I am the same way haha. However long it takes though, I'm sure the results will be great.

yeah hes building a swivel breach long barrel rifle now and hes also building another mini cannon..... and i may or may not be side tracking him with another putter rack in the future! lol

yeah hes building a swivel breach long barrel rifle now and hes also building another mini cannon..... and i may or may not be side tracking him with another putter rack in the future! lol

Your dad is awesome man. Those are some sweet projects. And another putter rack?! You sure do love your putters haha.

Your dad is awesome man. Those are some sweet projects. And another putter rack?! You sure do love your putters haha.

well i'm full again. lol we will see like i said i don't wanna interrupt his other projects so we'll see what i wanna do...... his work shop is tight and if i start that project his would be on hold again. i'm excited about seeing the swivel breach.

I need some help here fellas. I have a Browning Citori Field Grade 20 gauge with the invector choke system that I've had forever. I tried to go shooting this weekend and realized that my right eye is so bad now I can't hit squat. I'm interested in getting a new high powered rifle that even a blind guy like me can hit with so I'm gonna be offloading this thing.

Any idea what its worth? It's the early 90's version made in Japan, not belgium. It's flawless in condition.

Thanks THP!

I need some help here fellas. I have a Browning Citori Field Grade 20 gauge with the invector choke system that I've had forever. I tried to go shooting this weekend and realized that my right eye is so bad now I can't hit squat. I'm interested in getting a new high powered rifle that even a blind guy like me can hit with so I'm gonna be offloading this thing.

Any idea what its worth? It's the early 90's version made in Japan, not belgium. It's flawless in condition.

Thanks THP!

This could give you a decent idea how yours matches up with some others being offered.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Browning-Citori-Shotguns.cfm?cat_id=603&start_row=1

Holy cow Jrod, you can get some serious cabbage for that thing!

I agree dude, that's why all mine are .40, the .45 cost too much to shoot. I got this guy:

external_156a.jpg

I love those XDS's, I bought my XD right before the XDS came out and wish I would have waited because I love the look of the XDS so much more. I'll probably give in and sell mine to get one of these soon anyway.

Anyone here own or familiar with a Remington 700? I'm looking to set up a .308 with a high power scope and was looking for some help.

Shot one for a season. What ya wanna know?

Shot one for a season. What ya wanna know?

I'm blind as hell and want to set one up as a long range target gun ala an m40a1. Would you recommend leupold or Nikon? Also have you used a McMillan stock?

Are Unertl good scopes?

Anyone here own or familiar with a Remington 700? I'm looking to set up a .308 with a high power scope and was looking for some help.

I have one in 30-06 but I never set it up-it is still in box so I guess I am somewhat familiar....what's your question(s)?

I like Leo for glass. You can go crazy with scopes so it pays to do some research. To be honest I shoot primarily iron sights or red dots on my fun guns.

I've never been a fan of after market stocks. If you want you can look at Remingtons custom shop options to see what they have.

I like Leo for glass. You can go crazy with scopes so it pays to do some research. To be honest I shoot primarily iron sights or red dots on my fun guns.

I've never been a fan of after market stocks. If you want you can look at Remingtons custom shop options to see what they have.

Awesome thanks for the info. I too was a big iron sights and shotgun fan but unfortunately the astigmatism is my dominant eye is so bad it's just not an option.

This is just gonna be a fun gun as high powered rifles are illegal in Iowa.

What caliber would you recommend for 6-700 yards using a 10x scope?

I'm blind as hell and want to set one up as a long range target gun ala an m40a1. Would you recommend leupold or Nikon? Also have you used a McMillan stock?

Are Unertl good scopes?

I'm a fan of Zeiss for scopes. Have multiple models and not a single issue. I learned my lesson a long time ago on not buying high quality glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back