Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've never had a TM driver and I like that the adaptor's are easy to come by and it's easy to find shafts with them already on. With all our snow I think this is going to be a long ponder I like the looks of the Adam's Speedtech and will be watching to see what they do now that they are under the TM brand. Cobra also has my attention big time.

a rangefinder......

Back to pondering a birdieball, looked at one earlier this year and never got around to it. Got a nice empty spot for it in basement. Either it or the xbox 360 to game with thpers...tough call

Back to pondering a birdieball, looked at one earlier this year and never got around to it. Got a nice empty spot for it in basement. Either it or the xbox 360 to game with thpers...tough call

Do both. I am in ponder mode on a putting green as well, with the nice weather here now it would be perfect on the back porch.

Do both. I am in ponder mode on a putting green as well, with the nice weather here now it would be perfect on the back porch.

Yeah odds are both will happen.
Might not be able to do the birdieball on the porch though

Come over and roll a few on mine dude, make sure you like it.

I pondered this the day before, solid ponder...18x2 bi-directional 10/13 stimp

Sounds like an invite to me! Just let me know when!?

sounds like a plan, maybe a good spot to try some seemore experiments!

I pondered this the day before, solid ponder...18x2 bi-directional 10/13 stimp

yeah I was looking last winter too, never pulled the trigger....the time has come!

sounds like a plan, maybe a good spot to try some seemore experiments!

yeah I was looking last winter too, never pulled the trigger....the time has come!

I feel the same way...time to get to 30 putts a round...

For all of you guys talking about the Birdie ball putting mats. What size do you have? I live in a townhouse with limited space but would love to upgrade my indoor putting green (I have a crappy carpet one) and have been looking at the 14'x4' one. Only way I can make that work is if I can roll it up or something. Is that feasible?

For all of you guys talking about the Birdie ball putting mats. What size do you have? I live in a townhouse with limited space but would love to upgrade my indoor putting green (I have a crappy carpet one) and have been looking at the 14'x4' one. Only way I can make that work is if I can roll it up or something. Is that feasible?

I've got the 14'4 one (I think) and really enjoy it for what it is.. Fortunately (or unfortunately) my basement floor is a touch uneven, so I get natural break. I can't see how the break creators that come with it do anything legitimate.

It's a pretty spongey material, so I definitely wouldn't encourage it for carpet putting, especially if you hope to stand on it. Rolling it up probably isn't a great option either as it takes time to set. In fact, I've left the back end of mine alone since unrolling it for the first time, and it still has a touch of bow in it. I'm sure if I laid something on it that would go away, but it's a non factor so I just leave it.

I don't have one, but I watched all the videos on their website and it appears to me that you could roll one up for storage if you wanted. I have a house, but I'm don't have a spot where I can set it up and leave it. I think they even made mention of keeping the box and using it for storage.

Thanks guys!

I think that is the size I have too. Its pretty dang large when you unroll it and takes up a lot of space. It doesnt work on carpet very well at all. It will roll slower and very untrue. I tried to keep mine in the basement but ended up moving it upstairs to use on the hardwood floor area. And because of that I have to keep rolling it up and unrolling it. You can do that without issue. What I do is I always roll it up so the putting surface is on the outside. Doing that helps it lay flat when you unroll it. Roll it up the other way and the sides will bow up for a bit. The more you do it and easier it lays back down.

a rangefinder......

Best thing I've done for my game, I love that I can dial in m distances on the course and my game strategy has changed

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

Good info on the need for flooring. My house is mostly carpeted so sounds like this is a no-go until I move.

I don't have one, but I watched all the videos on their website and it appears to me that you could roll one up for storage if you wanted. I have a house, but I'm don't have a spot where I can set it up and leave it. I think they even made mention of keeping the box and using it for storage.

You can roll it up, but it needs to layout for a day or two to get flat again. I don't really use mine that much since it is in a closet.

9 feet x 2 feet. I have very little floor space in my place, so that's as big as I could go. I don't have a problem with the length of it because I really like the practice putts of 8 feet and in because it builds confidence for me. I do wish that I could go a bit wider, because to get my feet on the green I have to put the balls all the way over on the right side of the green, it limits the angles on which I can putt. However, I just moved into a condo and have more storage space, so I'm thinking of getting something a little sturdier like a Tour Links green instead of rolling out the Birdieball every winter.

9 feet x 2 feet. I have very little floor space in my place, so that's as big as I could go. I don't have a problem with the length of it because I really like the practice putts of 8 feet and in because it builds confidence for me. I do wish that I could go a bit wider, because to get my feet on the green I have to put the balls all the way over on the right side of the green, it limits the angles on which I can putt. However, I just moved into a condo and have more storage space, so I'm thinking of getting something a little sturdier like a Tour Links green instead of rolling out the Birdieball every winter.
I would love a Tour Links, but the price tags on those are steep!

My brother-in-law has a big moss and it rolls nicely. It has a little rise towards the cups to give them depth. Since it is carpet and not foam like the Birdie Ball, I think it lays flatter and rolls smoother. I just want a 20 x 30 putting green in the backyard. HAHA

You can roll it up, but it needs to layout for a day or two to get flat again. I don't really use mine that much since it is in a closet.

This is my worry. Because the only hard surface I lay it out on is the entry way from my garage to my kitchen. I park in the garage and come in and out of that door all the time. So I can't keep it there. Rolling up is my only option... Maybe I need to look into hardwood for my living room...lol

This is my worry. Because the only hard surface I lay it out on is the entry way from my garage to my kitchen. I park in the garage and come in and out of that door all the time. So I can't keep it there. Rolling up is my only option... Maybe I need to look into hardwood for my living room...lol

You could just get putting green carpet for you living room. Put a few holes about the room. Money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back