Cleveland Black Fairway Woods

Well excuuuusseee me. No really tell me how you feel. Just a thought. You obviously have your bag set up just like you need it right now.
Really?

I reckon it was a tone misunderstanding.

I reckon you don't like 5 irons SW? :)

Love em! When I need to hit a screaming stinger push slice 3 holes over, or lay sod over the ball, I always pull a 5 iron.

Me play around.......never! Just joshin' ya. I knew you could take it......ha ha he he

I guess you could maybe clean the shat out of your pantaloons with that 5-iron!

It typically was the reason for that.

Good gawd, I hit this thing pretty darn good today. Used it off the tee a few times and just saw perfect straight bombs (for me). It's just so lightweight and glides through the ball with ease. Between this and the F5/F7, my best golf buys ever!

Last edited:
Frank, you need to check out this driver. One of the best driving days I have EVER had came today, I was pounding it and hitting fairways. I had some incredibly long drives today that absolutely surprised me.

Frank, you need to check out this driver. One of the best driving days I have EVER had came today, I was pounding it and hitting fairways. I had some incredibly long drives today that absolutely surprised me.

I don't want to dude, no new equipment for a while, but I bet it's really good. I bet the 9 would be right up my alley.

Another day, and another above average day with the Black irons. I'm getting very consistent distance, and continue to hit the ball better. I have really found something that works well and I'm loving it.

Another awesome Cleveland Black 3 wood day. Tee and fairway bombs continue (well bombs for me), and my expectations with this club continue to climb.

It's good to have confidence in your woods Frank. They get the holes started. Glad you are seeing success with this club. Like War said, you should go into full ponder about the driver.

It's good to have confidence in your woods Frank. They get the holes started. Glad you are seeing success with this club. Like War said, you should go into full ponder about the driver.

It is something that I think about Freddie. I have been having such a good time with the Amp that I don't want to screw it up, but I may have to give it a shot.

It is something that I think about Freddie. I have been having such a good time with the Amp that I don't want to screw it up, but I may have to give it a shot.

I'll go opposite field, keep hammering your driver Frank. Me and the Black fairway haven't been seeing eye to eye recently. It's all me getting steep but oh well, it happens. I did have a go at a par 5 in 2 yesterday though. Downhill and around 230 somehow my ball came to rest on a piece turf that made a perfect tee, had to go for it after seeing that. Smoked it with a little fade right of the flag, release took it into the fringe but it still felt nice to hit a good shot after a few days of bad golf.

HELP ...

I'm a guy who's 52 years of age and I play regular flex graphite shafts in my irons, fairways and driver ... have been told that the regular flex shafts in the CG Black fairways are not a true regular flex but more of a senior flex. Can someone here please respond and "school" me on the graphite shafts available on these fairway clubs?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
MPM1960

HELP ...

I'm a guy who's 52 years of age and I play regular flex graphite shafts in my irons, fairways and driver ... have been told that the regular flex shafts in the CG Black fairways are not a true regular flex but more of a senior flex. Can someone here please respond and "school" me on the graphite shafts available on these fairway clubs?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
MPM1960

Hey Mike, actually the shafts in the fairways do not feel as soft as the driver shafts. Perhaps the shorter length makes a difference there. If pressed I would put them between flexes, it'll all depend on your swing but I would guess the Regular would suit you ok unless your transition is harsh. Hope that helps you out, I'm sure you can find a few to give a swing and compare numbers with.

HELP ...

Thanks in advance,

Mike
MPM1960

I think a lot that goes into it what it's being compared to because flexes are relative and it being only 39g as well, people thinking lightweight = light flex.

The CG Black 3 wood was excellent today, off the tee and off the deck. I used it 3 times off the tee, on some shorter par 4s and 1 longer one with a dog leg, and was in great shape on each hole. The longer dog leg shot went perfectly, hit the down slope and rolled as long as my driver shot would usually. This is one of the clubs that I absolutely did not pull, once, today.

Off the deck, it continues to shine. I was really close on a couple of par 5's on my 2nd shots, needed only a little pitch. Can't expect much more.

It is no secret I've been struggling lately with the Black fairway. Actually struggling might be an understatement, last Friday I mentioned to a playing partner that I didn't know where this club was going off the tee. That's something I never would've imagined saying a few weeks ago. I digress. Yesterday I decided I need to get back to putting in the time practicing if I want to get over this little hump in the road. I went through my normal bucket of balls then bought another just to work on hitting this club properly.

Went back to using the 3 tee reroute to make sure I was swinging on plane and sure enough the switch flipped. Very little side to side movement, no mishits or wth moments. Contact was right in the center of the face each time, rewarding me with the most beautiful ball flight. Each time was a piercing ball flight burned right through the left to right wind. Distance was also back, the flag I was landing around lasered in at 220 yds, so right about the distance I was aiming for with this club. Out on the course I used it on the shorter par 4's that don't involve a layup, hit each fairway...how about that :)

I still maintain this is the sweetest sounding fairway wood on the market, down right addicting and powerful sounding.

That's awesome Danny. I hit the shot of my round with the Black 3 wood on Wednesday. One of those perfect driver long 3 woods. I shocked myself.

She's a sweet one Frank. It might not be 17 yards longer, but it is packing plenty of power.

Back