Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
So based on that. Today I changed my syncing time for Lotus Traveler, which is my work account. Currently I am at 97% battery and it has been off the charger for a little over 2 hours.

Thinking about getting the S3 before my contract expires. Rumor has it that Sprint will have its for $50 w/ a 2yr contract for black Friday.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using Tapatalk 2

a9asepe8.jpg

Absolute dwarfage on the S3 vs Note II.

That's pretty remarkable that something makes the S3 look that tiny.. I still look at this thing and am shocked by the awesome size.

Thinking about getting the S3 before my contract expires. Rumor has it that Sprint will have its for $50 w/ a 2yr contract for black Friday.

yes they will. I told a lady in my office about that and she says she is going to get it that day. She still has the original HTC Evo and is ready for an upgrade but doesn't want to spend $200

D.d.e.c.: Does that battery life surprise you? Switching on and off of 4g?

On another note, I rooted my phone again last night and loaded "CleanROM" on it. It's the official leak of jellybean, debloated with carrier crap, and has the TouchWiz overlay. Yeah, I love it. Wish it had Photo Sphere on it to try out but that is for the next leak. Google Now is without a doubt the best app I have ever used.

D.d.e.c.: Does that battery life surprise you? Switching on and off of 4g?

On another note, I rooted my phone again last night and loaded "CleanROM" on it. It's the official leak of jellybean, debloated with carrier crap, and has the TouchWiz overlay. Yeah, I love it. Wish it had Photo Sphere on it to try out but that is for the next leak. Google Now is without a doubt the best app I have ever used.

the downside of Sprint. No 4G yet so it's just 3g for me up here. I wanted to change to VZW to get the fast speeds, but was over ruled. The wife is not real interested in the iphone5 and has no interest in any android. That's why I went out and bought this. Figure at least I can get a phone that I want and then next summer when my contract ends I can be a free agent. Supposidly sprint will have 4G turned on up here next summer. If they do that will be perfect because I would stay with them if that's the case. Of course now I'm looking to see where they are working on 4g down south too:alien:

I was kind of surprised because the first few days I wasn't seeing excellent battery life, mostly because I'm still getting the phone set up how I want to do and downloading apps. In fact I didn't think I was going to make it through the day yesterday. But with changing sync options on Traveler I will see how things go for the next few days see if it really improves it. So far so good today at 96% still.

Since the first week, when I was using my phone for everything because its a shiny new device, I am getting a full day if not more on my battery. Plus, I have the spare and spare charger. I have not plugged my phone into a wall or anything else in months. Love that.

the downside of Sprint. No 4G yet so it's just 3g for me up here. I wanted to change to VZW to get the fast speeds, but was over ruled. The wife is not real interested in the iphone5 and has no interest in any android. That's why I went out and bought this. Figure at least I can get a phone that I want and then next summer when my contract ends I can be a free agent. Supposidly sprint will have 4G turned on up here next summer. If they do that will be perfect because I would stay with them if that's the case. Of course now I'm looking to see where they are working on 4g down south too:alien:

I was kind of surprised because the first few days I wasn't seeing excellent battery life, mostly because I'm still getting the phone set up how I want to do and downloading apps. In fact I didn't think I was going to make it through the day yesterday. But with changing sync options on Traveler I will see how things go for the next few days see if it really improves it. So far so good today at 96% still.

I think Sprint is currently working on approx 100 cities with having 4g including New Orleans.

At the end of the day, I spend 80% of my time at the office or at home which both have WIFI so im not too pressed about having 4g.

Since the first week, when I was using my phone for everything because its a shiny new device, I am getting a full day if not more on my battery. Plus, I have the spare and spare charger. I have not plugged my phone into a wall or anything else in months. Love that.

the work email kills it. But in toying with the constant syncing options I am making it work. We did use the maps and navigation a few times yesterday, worked extremely well.

I think Sprint is currently working on approx 100 cities with having 4g including New Orleans.

At the end of the day, I spend 80% of my time at the office or at home which both have WIFI so im not too pressed about having 4g.

I am the same way. Plus with what I paid for this, if I end up keeping it, I will sell my iphone and at the end of the day I will have upgraded my phone for something like 60 bucks.

Ah yes, Sprint and no 4G. Sarasota has awesome 4G coverage, just saying...

On the note of the battery life after a week or so...This is the first phone that I have actually conditioned the battery as it's supposed to be, and it worked like a charm. I've had my phone off the charger for almost 7 hours now, and have been playing with google now a ton, and I am at 77%.

So based on that. Today I changed my syncing time for Lotus Traveler, which is my work account. Currently I am at 97% battery and it has been off the charger for a little over 2 hours.

When looking at battery stats, also look at how much screen time you have by tapping the bar for Screen. If you have about 2-3hrs at the end of the day, battery life is pretty good. I get about 15hrs with 3hrs screen time.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

funniest thing i've seen all day from last night election and electronics...

BREAKING: Apple Maps projecting Barack Obama to win Brazil.

lol Hanks, I heard another one that said something like this:

@theNFLreplacementrefs Romney wins

lol Hanks, I heard another one that said something like this:

@theNFLreplacementrefs Romney wins
Hahaha, That's good.

Man I love reading this thread but sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed with all the new stuff and trying to keep up. I thought I knew quite a bit about all the new stuff but apparently I dont know nothing. Haha.

Gonna have to do some more reading...

Looks like the JB update hit my phone this am. Updating now

Looks like the JB update hit my phone this am. Updating now

Stupid Sprint. Ddec is last to get the phone and first to get jellybean. Errr....

I think this update did away with the palm swipe screenshot. Unless I'm just a bigger idiot than I thought. If so that kind of sucks, it was a great feature.

Ok I figured it out. I had to go back in to settings and enable the palm swipe option again.

Just some small differences on the home screen. The folders are different. Still checking out other differences, though some won't be as noticeable to me since I've only had the phone for less than a week.

ICS
Spoiler
Screenshot_2012-11-03-19-37-55.png

JB
Spoiler
Screenshot_2012-11-08-10-47-35.png

Build 4.1.1
Spoiler
Screenshot_2012-11-08-10-53-12.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back