The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulk chest last night. Everytime that forced set kills me. I like it, but I'm exhausted after it.

That's what brings results dude. You've got to feel good about that.

That's what brings results dude. You've got to feel good about that.

Those forced sets are really simple. 5 sets of 5 reps with no rest between sets. You never set the weight down. It keeps the muscles engaged and blood stays in the muscles longer which adds some swell. I don't feel sore the next day, but I feel bigger. I really like that combination.

Those forced sets are really simple. 5 sets of 5 reps with no rest between sets. You never set the weight down. It keeps the muscles engaged and blood stays in the muscles longer which adds some swell. I don't feel sore the next day, but I feel bigger. I really like that combination.

That does sound tough, but a good kind of tough. I love that feeling of really struggling on the last few reps, knowing you're making that difference.

I think I'll go back on my rest plan and throw some kegs tonight. Got a lot of nervous energy kicking about in me.

I like this idea a lot. I cant wait for insanity to be over so I can go back into the pump house

Let's get it rolling today fellas!

Someone told me I was getting "too big"... I think I like it!

The workout was GTG, the other day. The 2km row really put the icing on the cake in it.

The lesson. Wow, in 30 minutes he got rid of my fade and knee pain. I was keep my left leg straight on my take away and my back swing was going to far. Unnessecarry thinking hitting the gym right now. It is 0640 AM on Saturday here. Get it out of the way early so I can go hit the course later. Today's work out!
15 Recumbent bike. Deck of Playing Card PT session
Diamonds: WallBalls
Clubs: Pull/ups
Hearts:85lbs cleans
Spades: Turkish Get ups

I did plyometric cardio today and now am playing golf. I'm a bit sore

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I went at it quite hard last night, shoulders/bi/tri. I feel good today.

Later today I'm gonna hit some cardio hard too, I'm in the mood these last few days.

No working out this weekend. I'm in the Wisconsin Northwoods at my Aunt's cottege. It's a celebration weekend. So the eating habits my not be strong. It's 10:30 here and I have already had a Gin Bloody Mary and am now onto Crown and 7. Not looking good.

No working out this weekend. I'm in the Wisconsin Northwoods at my Aunt's cottege. It's a celebration weekend. So the eating habits my not be strong. It's 10:30 here and I have already had a Gin Bloody Mary and am now onto Crown and 7. Not looking good.

Breaks are allowed in these circumstances.

I hit the kegs hard on Friday night, a late one but really got into it. Didn't do much on Saturday, had a bit of a family day, then did some excellent cardio last night. All in all not a bad weekend I guess. More cardio and weights tonight, looking forward to it.

I have got to get on a steady routine, it was so much easier when I was younger

Last night was a 7.5 mile run in the cold wind and rain (the same weather that you may have noticed during the Bear's game). I thought it was going to be particularly difficult, but it seemed to energize me. It wasn't mind over matter, it was mind over the elements.

Breaks are allowed in these circumstances.

Boy did I take a break. I had to behave, since I was with family and daughter and all. But I did not live healthy this weekend.

Last night was a 7.5 mile run in the cold wind and rain (the same weather that you may have noticed during the Bear's game). I thought it was going to be particularly difficult, but it seemed to energize me. It wasn't mind over matter, it was mind over the elements.

Now that's dedication. Great job.

I just finished my last ever day of Plyometric Cardio. Now it is on to Cardio balance for the next week as my "buffer" and then after Thanksgiving we start the Max portion of insanity. 4 weeks down and 5 weeks to go!

I'm going to check out an into to crossfit class tonight to see what all the hub bub is about.....I need something more competitve and active than my current routine

Crossfit works your whole body ever workout!!

I'm going to check out an into to crossfit class tonight to see what all the hub bub is about.....I need something more competitve and active than my current routine

If you find a good gym it is great. I've used it to get back into the general vicinity of the shape I was in while I was in the military over the last four months. Other people have mentioned some of the big issues, know your limits and stick to them, and make sure you are proficient in the move before you go too heavy.

Over the last four months I have dropped 15 pounds and 3 inches on my waist, while improving my run time, increasing my max set of pullups to 16 and improving my lifts. Now that I have trimmed down I think I am going to crossfit 3x a week and lift at the school gym 2x a week.

I'm heading to a general gym vs. a crossfit specific gym on the advice of a good friend....I'm hoping to drop the final 7lbs and another inch off the waist doing this and to add some mix into my fitness routine

If you find a good gym it is great. I've used it to get back into the general vicinity of the shape I was in while I was in the military over the last four months. Other people have mentioned some of the big issues, know your limits and stick to them, and make sure you are proficient in the move before you go too heavy.

Over the last four months I have dropped 15 pounds and 3 inches on my waist, while improving my run time, increasing my max set of pullups to 16 and improving my lifts. Now that I have trimmed down I think I am going to crossfit 3x a week and lift at the school gym 2x a week.

If you do Crossfit, make sure to tell us how awesome you are because of it. :bulgy-eyes: Also, don't drop a bar on your head.

I've heard about that....it's the cardio version of grunting

If you do Crossfit, make sure to tell us how awesome you are because of it. :bulgy-eyes: Also, don't drop a bar on your head.

I just finished my last ever day of Plyometric Cardio. Now it is on to Cardio balance for the next week as my "buffer" and then after Thanksgiving we start the Max portion of insanity. 4 weeks down and 5 weeks to go!

Good work man. It's tough to stick to a plan that intense. Seeing the results?

Alright I just read through some of this thread and am now pumped to get to the gym. Probably do some shoulders and back and then hit the pool.

That's the spirit, get it done man!

I went to grad school in '96, I had just been through a divorce and wanted to make wholesale changes to my life. Living in Chicago meant I was walking lots every day, I also started working out at the school gym with the trainer and had a fitness obsessed roommate who supported me, and I was able to loose 140 lbs (I started at 350 lbs.). I then moved to Colorado for more school, put a little back on (good beer, less active), after school I moved to Wisconsin to work (more beer, fried foods, cheese) and over the next decade I put most of that weight back on. I got married, had a couple of kids, got fatter. We moved back to Illinois a couple of years ago. My kids got older, more active and I was having a hard time keeping up. I was completely exhausted by the end of walking a round of golf. I have a beautiful, very active wife that encouraged me to be healthier. I didn't want to be "fat daddy" anymore. SO I decided it was time. I want to see my kids grow up, I want to be a pain in my wife's neck for a very long time.
May 15, 2012 - This was the day it started - 338.5 lbs. I'm 6'3" 56" chest, 47" waist.
I joined the gym and started going every day (I'm a teacher and took this summer off), I downloaded a calorie/exercise/nutrition iPhone app called Loseit.com and started tracking everything I ate, and every minute of exercise I did. I started measuring and weighing foods, Boy was that an eyeopener!!! Learning that I was eating 2 or three times the serving size.
The weight started coming off! I bust my A** at the gym five or six days a week, 40 - 75 minutes of cardio every day (elliptical,spin classes, running [although a recent hamstring injury has stopped that for a while and sent me to PT], walking, etc), weights three days a week, I walk the course, I eat good foods (I also eat pizza, Chicago hot dogs, burgers, etc. drank beer) and I have only exceeded my caloric goal twice in six months. I really don't feel deprived of anything, I eat what I want but in small portions.
I've learned that this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle and one I can never abandon again.
I weighed in yesterday 11/15/12 - six months into it - 237.6 lbs. - 100.9 lbs. lost!
I want to lose 17.6 lbs. more.
I've lost 10 inches on my waist, 8 inches on my chest.
I feel great, I've got tons of energy, and I'm not "Fat Daddy" anymore.

The only downside, the weightloss has completely messed up my golf swing. Small price to pay, and nothing some lessons won't fix. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back