Status
Not open for further replies.
But the thing is I won't be spending much extra cash. The S&W is on sale for an early Black Friday sale at my local store for only $369 and I can get $300 for my Springfield. I'm not as accurate with a handgun, from 50 yards I'm lucky to keep 10 shots within 12 inches taking my time, and I can put 25 quick rounds within 3 inches with AR style rifles. I just don't know if I'd rather have the power or the fun and accuracy

If your anticipated shot w/a handgun is 50 yards, you have the wrong tool for the job. Maybe I am interpreting that incorrectly but that is the way I read it. With that said, a rimfire isn't the right tool for a 50 yard shot either, or any lethal shot.

Good thinkin, I could sell my TA and maybe pay for a good chunk of it!

exactly, and hey in the long run, the ammo is way cheaper, I went and checked out the exact gun you're talking about, it was like $430ish and then a 1000 round block of 22LR was like $40, way cheaper than .223 ammo haha

Yeah, my local shop normally sells it for $469 but they are selling them til Sunday for $369 for a "Black Friday Sale." They actually have a lot of great deals but I'm not gonna spend $1500 for a gun, at least not now while I'm finishing school and waiting on a baby

If your anticipated shot w/a handgun is 50 yards, you have the wrong tool for the job. Maybe I am interpreting that incorrectly but that is the way I read it. With that said, a rimfire isn't the right tool for a 50 yard shot either, or any lethal shot.

I'm not saying I plan on making a lethal shot from 50 yards. But if I ever go out camping or something and want something for some small game hunting (rabbits, groundhogs, etc.) I want a gun that is going to be accurate from that distance.

Yeah, my local shop normally sells it for $469 but they are selling them til Sunday for $369 for a "Black Friday Sale." They actually have a lot of great deals but I'm not gonna spend $1500 for a gun, at least not now while I'm finishing school and waiting on a baby

Whoa that's a steal if you ask me, well maybe you can just sell whatever golf stuff you have laying around. Even if you only sell say $200, that will still help out a bunch. You know what it's like in the market place lol it's hard to sell unless Pu have rock bottom prices already. Anyways if it was me I would say it's an opportunity to save money on something you were going to get regardless haha

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

Yeah that price is hard to pass up on, I think these kinds of guns will become very hard to get, which would result in some hefty price increases, so its a good time to buy

Yeah that price is hard to pass up on, I think these kinds of guns will become very hard to get, which would result in some hefty price increases, so its a good time to buy

Yeah man I love plinking with 22s I have my eye on an "MP5SD" 22LR version that I talked about earlier in the thread, it's great for shooting around the desert where I live. I've also always wanted a Walther P22

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

I'm not saying I plan on making a lethal shot from 50 yards. But if I ever go out camping or something and want something for some small game hunting (rabbits, groundhogs, etc.) I want a gun that is going to be accurate from that distance.

Gotcha. Well, if one of your objectives is still home protection, you certainly have a dilemma as the gun for that job isn't the same as the small game gun. You gotta have both guns....and you can never have too many guns!
And, this is not trying to turn this into a political thread, but if our current administration is going to clamp down on gun control, you can bet the "assault" category of weapons will be one of the first to get hit, making them harder to get/more expensive to get.

I had a TRP. Love that 1911 trigger. Sucks I had to sell it in a pinch....

And yes getting a 1911; and after you've gotten used to it. You never really want to shoot anything else.

yes i have enjoyed the 1911's i have shot in the past, my PPQ rivals some 1911's, it's trigger is that nice

What is this trp you guys are talking about? I would love a 1911 but they are all expensive as hell. Of course what isnt these days.

Gotcha. Well, if one of your objectives is still home protection, you certainly have a dilemma as the gun for that job isn't the same as the small game gun. You gotta have both guns....and you can never have too many guns!
And, this is not trying to turn this into a political thread, but if our current administration is going to clamp down on gun control, you can bet the "assault" category of weapons will be one of the first to get hit, making them harder to get/more expensive to get.

Have 3 stripped lowers, about 30 Pmags on order, few different uppers including a 300 Blk out are next

What is this trp you guys are talking about? I would love a 1911 but they are all expensive as hell. Of course what isnt these days.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=11

A solid 1911 will run you 800 all the way up to the 3,000-4,000 for the super customs.

But rock Island, Taurus, Regent, and a few others make solid economy entry level 1911's, and over time you can switch out parts to improve them.

seems the key to it is getting a 1911 with a well made slide and frame, all other parts can be upgraded down the road.

Springfield, Sig and a few other companies seem to offer some good packages of 1911's that have a lot of already upgraded parts.

It's a model that Springfield armory makes. It's a semi-custom 1911 full sized that is a cheaper model of their Professional model

I'm on the phone and the link is hard to navigate. What does these usually go for? Thanks for the info!

Think new they are going for 1400 - 1500.

If your interested you try mine out sometime to see if you like it before you spring for one.

Think new they are going for 1400 - 1500.

If your interested you try mine out sometime to see if you like it before you spring for one.

Yep best price out there i can find is 1,345.00 at grabagun.com it's a great gun, but not one you have to start with. you can build over time, just like my AR's that i upgrade.

Yeah I'm betting I'm going to spend about a grand on mine, my favorite shooting store has some sessy Kimbers for 800-1000 and various other 1911s, in my opinion, nothing beats a good 1911, it's a classic lol

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=11

A solid 1911 will run you 800 all the way up to the 3,000-4,000 for the super customs.

But rock Island, Taurus, Regent, and a few others make solid economy entry level 1911's, and over time you can switch out parts to improve them.

seems the key to it is getting a 1911 with a well made slide and frame, all other parts can be upgraded down the road.

Springfield, Sig and a few other companies seem to offer some good packages of 1911's that have a lot of already upgraded parts.

I'm a huge fan of the classic 1911 look, but the Kimber Custom II really have me drooling, my favorite is the Warrior and desert Warrior, so amazing, I have shot the Warrior numerous times

Kimber_DesertWarrior.jpg

I'm a huge fan of the classic 1911 look, but the Kimber Custom II really have me drooling, my favorite is the Warrior and desert Warrior, so amazing, I have shot the Warrior numerous times

Kimber_DesertWarrior.jpg

yes that one is dead sexy, like the Sig scorpion, and the Springfield lightweight operator i spoke about already.

Plus add the options that VZ grips give you and you can really deck out your 1911's

yes that one is dead sexy, like the Sig scorpion, and the Springfield lightweight operator i spoke about already.

Plus add the options that VZ grips give you and you can really deck out your 1911's

I like how easy it is to customize a good 1911 later-like you mentioned earlier, and I think changing the grip was rather easy

just got a call from my pops looks like he just bought another AR15 looks like someone is gonna be hitting the range tomorrow for some stress relief.

just got a call from my pops looks like he just bought another AR15 looks like someone is gonna be hitting the range tomorrow for some stress relief.

that's awesome man haha, you got to love ARs, they are so much fun to shoot.

that's awesome man haha, you got to love ARs, they are so much fun to shoot.

hes had one for awhile now thats for long range target shooting and now hes got one thats light weight but hes gonna need to break that one in. i figured i'd bring some of my toys down and have some fun with the old man.

hes had one for awhile now thats for long range target shooting and now hes got one thats light weight but hes gonna need to break that one in. i figured i'd bring some of my toys down and have some fun with the old man.

sounds like fun man, what are you taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back