Hardest Course You've played... Easiest?

TCI was pretty tough. (Tournament Club of Iowa), butTiffany Greens in KC, MO was a bear from the tips.

Easiest was probably Lakeside Hills in Olathe, KS. It closed about 5 or 6 years ago, but I was shooting low to mid 90s there when I couldn't break 100 anywhere else.

Tiffany Greens, Creekmor, and Dubbs Dread are some of the toughest in KC for me.

I didn't break 100 at The Ocean Course or Bethpage Black. Was a 14 handicap at time of playing both. Kicked my arse.

Pared the first hole on the Black but didn't sniff another the rest of the round. Would love to play them again since hdcp has dropped.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ocean Course is one of my favorite courses ever. I found myself walking in circles while playing it so I could see the ocean and marsh after each shot. When the winds are up, though (which seems like all the time), the course is incredibly hard. I've been fortunate enough to play the Ocean Course twice, and I broke 80 the second time (first round was 88). I was thrilled to break 80 there.

Ocean Course is one of my favorite courses ever. I found myself walking in circles while playing it so I could see the ocean and marsh after each shot. When the winds are up, though (which seems like all the time), the course is incredibly hard. I've been fortunate enough to play the Ocean Course twice, and I broke 80 the second time (first round was 88). I was thrilled to break 80 there.

It's on me bucket list!! I want to play a bunch of awesome courses one day

It's on me bucket list!! I want to play a bunch of awesome courses one day

I highly recommend that you play the Ocean Course. It's definitely a "bucket list" course. While you're in Kiawah, play Cougar Pointe. It is a Gary Player course that doesn't get a lot of write-ups among the Kiawah courses. In my opinion, though, it's the best non-Ocean Course course on the island.

Hardest is the Colorado Golf Club in Parker, CO. Very very long and unforgiving. Beautiful course though

Easiest would be Windrose Golf Club in Spring, TX. Really fun course to play just not very demanding at all.

Interesting to see Firestone listed as both the easiest and hardest course. Thats odd.

It all depends how its set up....

I guess the hardest course would be the Mt Kidd course (7072 yd Slope 140) at Kananaskis on a windy day. The course is tucked up into the corner of the valley up against the mountain and the wind swirls in there. Theres nothing like playing into the wind going to the next hole looking forward to playing what should be downwind and feeling the wind blow into your face on the next tee box. At least you can count on the fact the 18th will be downwind, all 642/576/553/536 uphill yards and 17 bunkers of it.

Easiest is a local municipal course, Victoria Golf Course. The golf club has been around since 1896 and the current course opened what is now the front 9 in 1914 and the back 9 in 1927. It is one of the busiest municipal courses in the world. Its also pretty easy - really wide fairways, not much rough and fairly flat and the slope rating barely hits 100.

Last edited:
Hardest course I've played is Dallas National Golf Club. There is a reason that Hunter Mahan uses the course to get ready for PGA Tour events. Super slick Zoysia(sp?) greens, thick rough that can cause for a lost ball 2 feet off the fairway. Fazio design and he was allowed to create a masterpiece and he succeeded.

I would add that CommonGround Golf Course in Denver has the craziest greens I've ever played. From pictures and stories of Augusta National greens, these have some similar type undulation to them. "Circus Greens"

Eastiest course is either Z-Boaz Golf Course, a muni run by the city of Ft. Worth or Willow Springs Golf Course. Nothing special about either course, wide open and not to difficult.

Hardest is the Colorado Golf Club in Parker, CO. Very very long and unforgiving. Beautiful course though

Easiest would be Windrose Golf Club in Spring, TX. Really fun course to play just not very demanding at all.

I have played Windrose and it's pretty easy....but not the easiest I every played....growing up there was a small 9 hole course near my house call Sping Lake Golf Club...it's gone and there is a housing addition there now....but it had very little water...no trees other than saplings and no sand and pretty flat greens.,..during the summer it would dry up and you could run the ball 100 plus yards

I have played Windrose and it's pretty easy....but not the easiest I every played....growing up there was a small 9 hole course near my house call Sping Lake Golf Club...it's gone and there is a housing addition there now....but it had very little water...no trees other than saplings and no sand and pretty flat greens.,..during the summer it would dry up and you could run the ball 100 plus yards

That sounds insanely easy but fun kind of lol. And ya Windrose is the easieat I've played because I usually like to play tougher courses. Those are more fun for me!

When Im back down in Houston we should play a round. I usually go down every summer.

That sounds insanely easy but fun kind of lol. And ya Windrose is the easieat I've played because I usually like to play tougher courses. Those are more fun for me!

When Im back down in Houston we should play a round. I usually go down every summer.

Give me a shout when you are hear...I will be happy to tee it up with you...there are several other Houston Area guys so Im sure we could fill out a 4some

Maybe go play Blackhorse....the North Course might become the hardest course you ever played...it's a beast....tips play to over 7300 yards

Colorado Golf Club plays at 7604 yards from the tips :)

7300 is nothing to slouch at though.

The hardest course I've ever played is Caseville Golf Course. It's a little 9-holer by my grandparents. measures a measly 2100 yards. The problem? The tees are so uneven and the greens are so bad you've got a hook or slice stance on every tee and your ball is rolling over rocks ant hills and clumps of unmowed grass trying to find a hole than often wasn't inserted all the way and therefore is impossible to make the putt.

Layout wise the most difficult I've played is Dunedin CC.

Easiest is Maple Hill GC in Grandville MI.

Hardest is Eygpt Valley Country Club. Lighting fast greens and tons of unjilations and fescue. Very pretty and impossible to get on without school team. Played like 6800 too.
Easiest Western Greens. Crappy little course that I average par at. Only about 6100 yds.

Toughest course I have played so far would be Stoneridge Golf Course in Prescott, AZ tough getting the distances and hitting the landing areas. Easiest course would be Holiday Hills in Branson Mo, a fun par 69 track a fun well maintained course.

Hardest is Eygpt Valley Country Club. Lighting fast greens and tons of unjilations and fescue. Very pretty and impossible to get on without school team. Played like 6800 too.
Easiest Western Greens. Crappy little course that I average par at. Only about 6100 yds.

I could actually get on Egypt Valley on Monday for a charity scramble if I could convince my parents to let me skip school.

Woodhollow Golf Club in Longview, Tx. Played a tournament there and it is easy as heck. Really short, especially for a long hitter. There is a few par 3s that are 150 at the longest. I'm hitting an easy pitching wedge at that.

The hardest course I have played is the tips at Erin Hills, the site of the 2011 US Amateur and the 2017 US Open. From the tips, it plays at a daunting 7,823 yards (much further than I should be playing from). I heard that they can extend it to 8,348 yards if they moved everything back. It was cold and empty that day... our second round of the day so we gave it a run. The Rating/Slope is a scary 78/145. Whoa! You open with a 620 yard pard 5 and close with a 660 yard, into the wind par 5. Yikes!

The easiest 18-hole "normal" course I have played it Ravisloe, just outside Chicago. Ravisloe is a classic course built around 1900 and designed by Donald Ross. It is relatively short, playing from 6,300 yards from the tips. There is little trouble on the course and is has a rating/slope of 70.8/127.

Most difficult in terms of having the toughest time with has to be Kapalua Plantation. The rough, slopes and wind defend those wide fairways very well. Other votes include Trump Los Angeles, which was actually tougher before Trump owned the course and it was called Ocean Trails. Bulle Rock in MD is up there, as well as White Clay Creek and Inniscrone.

Easiest for me is a municipal called FDR in South Philly, which is short and really doesn't have anything protecting the greens, or Center Square in Worcester, PA, which is basically a wide open field with 18 flag sticks. I'd go with Center Square as easier of the two because the conditions there are respectable, where at FDR you may have a little bit more of a challenge if your ball cozies up to a rock pile in the fairway or you have to hit out of the hardpan that qualifies as a green side bunker.

Inter, I was in Chicago for the Ryder Cup and played Ravisloe. It was a great classic Ross course at a tremendous value. Awesome clubhouse too.

Inter, I was in Chicago for the Ryder Cup and played Ravisloe. It was a great classic Ross course at a tremendous value. Awesome clubhouse too.

For sure. Cool that it is public now. Such a cool classic... but since it hasn't been "updated" really from its 1900's roots, it plays incredibly short. Nonetheless, a very fun course with a lot of history. Glad you got to play it.

By far the hardest course I've played is Valderrama.

Hardest is Trump National L.A.

That rough was insane-looking when I was watching the Big Break episode that was hosted there.

http://www.generalsridge.com/index.php
this is most definitely the hardest course ive ever played
it was ranked top 3 hardest in the dc area
its a true target golf course with tons of blind shots... heck when it snows it would be an epic place to snowboard
its a mountain golf course

Back