Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the range yesterday. Really enjoying the Colt A3. I've got a rancher that has two prairie dog towns. Probably take the AR but looking for something a little cheaper to shoot. Anyone got suggestions for a prairie dog killing machine?

For praire digs I would want a 22-250 or for on the cheap. I would go with a 17 hmr.

Went to the range yesterday. Really enjoying the Colt A3. I've got a rancher that has two prairie dog towns. Probably take the AR but looking for something a little cheaper to shoot. Anyone got suggestions for a prairie dog killing machine?

Check out the S&W MP15-22. I have been checking them out because they are very affordable, I've read nothing but great reviews, and I have read they are great for small game hunting. You can find them for around $400

I just ordered a TRP. Thanks a lot Brian I told my wife it was your fault.

Missed this earlier dude... Let me know when you get it, have to go out and send some rounds down range.

Keep that thing away from your wife or I'm a goner....

I love my Springfield XD too dude! They are really nice guns.

My range has rentals of these... Need to spend a little time with one. Have heard good things.

I'm loving my new springfield XDS. It's going to be my main concealed carry gun. It will replace the 9mm SR9. Why you ask???? Because its a 45!!!!!

My range has rentals of these... Need to spend a little time with one. Have heard good things.

nothing wrong with 6 rounds of .45 ACP sitting in your pocket.

that's exactly why I prefer the 1911, .45 ACP FTW

The .45 has been a proven round time and time again, add that to the accuracy that comes with a single action trigger in a 1911 and it's a great combo.

I do not own a .45 acp, but figured when i get my first 1911 i will kill two birds with one stone.

I carry either 9mm or .357 sig in my EDC. New underwood ammo company is putting out a .357 sig round that is getting 1,500 fps, and 600+ lbs of energy that's pretty impressive. Their 9mm and 45 for that matter are pretty impressive as well.

you know you want it uriel... you and i know it

I carry either 9mm or .357 sig in my EDC. New underwood ammo company is putting out a .357 sig round that is getting 1,500 fps, and 600+ lbs of energy that's pretty impressive. Their 9mm and 45 for that matter are pretty impressive as well.

Have you tried underwood? I've read about them but haven't ordered any yet. They do claim some impressive numbers.

Have you tried underwood? I've read about them but haven't ordered any yet. They do claim some impressive numbers.

waiting until the get the .357 sig HP and FMJ in stock, but plan to run their .357 sig and 9mm.

If you don't know of him already check out tnoutdoors9 on youtube, he did 4-5 tests on underwood, and gives you a good idea what they can do. The fps all came out over the advertised numbers which we all know is rare.

now that's sick man, haha I don't know that I'm too in to modifying my AR though, just the 1911, it's way easier to me hah
its basically just a stock change... hell i want it and i dont even have an AR... yet

So, as you know since I have mentioned on here, I have a .40 and was thinking of picking up a rifle, don't have a ton of extra cash right now so I was thinking of picking up an S&W MP15-22 because they have gotten great reviews and they are cheap to shoot. I have talked my wife into letting me get the S&W and keeping the .40 for home defense. However, today I went to my local shop that always has the best prices to see if they had one in stock. They did not, but as I looked at the wall I saw this bad boy....
IMAG0371.jpg

It is a STAG Arms AR15 Limited Edition Model 3. Only 300 made. Yes, those green things are zombies. Some hate it, but I think it is sweet looking! Price on it is $850. No way my wife lets me spend an extra $400 for this gun, but since it would be much better for home defense than the .22LR, I am thinking of trading the .40 for it because he told me he'd give me $225 for it. So now I'm in major pondering mode. I have read up on some reviews online today and everything I have read is great things about the Model 3, and several even compared the gun to $1400 ARs and they said this performed just as well. Only drawback is that it doesnt have any sights on it so I would have to spend a little to get those, but I would just get some of the basic front and rear sights to start off until I saved up for a red dot or something. What do y'all think?

So, as you know since I have mentioned on here, I have a .40 and was thinking of picking up a rifle, don't have a ton of extra cash right now so I was thinking of picking up an S&W MP15-22 because they have gotten great reviews and they are cheap to shoot. I have talked my wife into letting me get the S&W and keeping the .40 for home defense. However, today I went to my local shop that always has the best prices to see if they had one in stock. They did not, but as I looked at the wall I saw this bad boy....
IMAG0371.jpg

It is a STAG Arms AR15 Limited Edition Model 3. Only 300 made. Yes, those green things are zombies. Some hate it, but I think it is sweet looking! Price on it is $850. No way my wife lets me spend an extra $400 for this gun, but since it would be much better for home defense than the .22LR, I am thinking of trading the .40 for it because he told me he'd give me $225 for it. So now I'm in major pondering mode. I have read up on some reviews online today and everything I have read is great things about the Model 3, and several even compared the gun to $1400 ARs and they said this performed just as well. Only drawback is that it doesnt have any sights on it so I would have to spend a little to get those, but I would just get some of the basic front and rear sights to start off until I saved up for a red dot or something. What do y'all think?

I say get it, screw the iron sights for now, and get an Aimpoint, actually I saw a bushnell red dot sight in the "aimpoint" style at walmart for about $100.

or just spend about $80 and get these here lovely magpul sights in black

mbus1.jpg

magpul3.jpg

or just get some flip up sights like this

attachment.php

Yeah those were the sights I was thinking of picking up until I had the cash for a nicer one. I am just finding it hard to pass up on a great gun for that price, plus it sweet looking! Anyone here have any thoughts on STAG Arms? Any positive or negative experiences? I read on one site that they actually provided the parts for Colt M4s for a long time

Yeah those were the sights I was thinking of picking up until I had the cash for a nicer one. I am just finding it hard to pass up on a great gun for that price, plus it sweet looking! Anyone here have any thoughts on STAG Arms? Any positive or negative experiences? I read on one site that they actually provided the parts for Colt M4s for a long time

My buddy has a STAG arms, and I've always thought it was a quality piece, sure it's not a Stoner rifle, or a colt, but it will get the job done.

Man I love my AR.( spikes tactical). However if I only had one firearm the AR wouldn't be it. I like having a handgun as well.

Just one question though, let's say there is a STAG AR with the same Rail system, and gas block, (basically same configuration)without the fancy limited finish, but was $200 cheaper, would you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back