Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea. Windows doesn't use Android... derp moment
No that is an Android OS feature. Windows has its own store.

Nice pros/cons list. IMO, Google Now can not be beaten, Siri doesnt come close to stacking up to it.

I parked in the parking lot of Bravo's (Italian eatery) last night while stopping by BB&B. When I got back my phone had synced to my Nexus 7 and had sent a menu and happy hour specials menu from Bravo's to the Google Now on my Nexus 7. Considering I don't have JB or Google Now on the S3 it was just a bit spooky. Good, but spooky.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No longer pondering a new phone.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Did I see it right when I tried to use Nokia maps it wouldnt rotate when you turned the phone? Google maps are just so badass its hard to even compare. I came close to grabbing a black on yesterday but didnt. Curious to see how you like it and how the battery holds up.

There's no tapatalk which leaves me using this garbage replacement app that won't let me quote. I'll use Nokia Maps tomorrow and let you know how it is. Battery life sucked today but I was on a 25% charge. Everything else has been a seamless transition and I'm loving the WinOS. One last gripe, it's a MAJOR pain placing the cursor in between specific letters.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Ok, this SUCKS! I came on the thread to ask JB to give some insight on the Surface...he already did....and I think I "need" one now. These are the latest problems THP has caused in my life:

1. AMP Cell irons (February)
2. AMP Cell Driver (February)
3. Microsoft Surface (Today?!?!?)

Thanks THP! :D

Sorry about that 2S. The only major issue right now is Tapatalk. They do not have it. They do have Board Express which works just fine. It only has one flaw for me and that is no quoting. But outside of that, I really am digging the Surface.

Sorry about that 2S. The only major issue right now is Tapatalk. They do not have it. They do have Board Express which works just fine. It only has one flaw for me and that is no quoting. But outside of that, I really am digging the Surface.
I guess someone should show me why I should use Tapatalk. I tried it before but just didn't like it as much as just throwing it up on Safari on my iPad. Maybe I should try again. Somehow I got stuck on certain threads notifying me when someone posted and that mistake came in the Banter thread. My phone blew up 24 hours a day.

This kind of surprises me. With Windows Mobile growing over the past year, I would think that Tapatalk would have a compatible app.

It kind of is if that makes sense. Its called Board Express with Tapatalk or something of the sort. It has most of the features, but not a simple one like quoting. According to what I have read, I believe that gets fixed pretty quickly and Tapatalk is on board.

But with all the latest announcements recently, I dont think Windows 8 has anything to worry about because I believe they will all have the ability to run android apps.

It kind of is if that makes sense. Its called Board Express with Tapatalk or something of the sort. It has most of the features, but not a simple one like quoting. According to what I have read, I believe that gets fixed pretty quickly and Tapatalk is on board.

But with all the latest announcements recently, I dont think Windows 8 has anything to worry about because I believe they will all have the ability to run android apps.

If that is so, then Windows 8 will quickly become quite popular for tablet use.

If that is so, then Windows 8 will quickly become quite popular for tablet use.

Bluestack is a huge thing going on now and the only question is when is it available for RT.

Bluestack is a huge thing going on now and the only question is when is it available for RT.

If Bluestack lives up to the potential it may have, it could absolutely revolutionize the computer/tablet/smartphone industry. Especially if you utilize cloud storage.

If Bluestack lives up to the potential it may have, it could absolutely revolutionize the computer/tablet/smartphone industry. Especially if you utilize cloud storage.

I have been reading about it for a few weeks now. With AMD, Google and Windows all on board (it seems), how could it fail?

a8ejabu2.jpg

ybe8ybe7.jpg

War Eagle and KMod would be proud...

Nice Colt. How is the switch treating you?

Nice Colt. How is the switch treating you?
Pretty good so far. Switched to JB keyboard on the S3 and that fixed my only complaint I was having with the phone. It's been smooth sailing ever since.

I was really nervous unlocking the bootloader and rooting my Nexus 7 but all went well. Now I just have to figure out how to do a custom recovery on it because the program I was using didn't have custom recovery for the Nexus running Jelly Bean 4.2 yet.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying both of the devices but I won't do anything fancy to the S3 as I'll be trading it in for the Note 2 in just a couple more weeks.

I have been reading about it for a few weeks now. With AMD, Google and Windows all on board (it seems), how could it fail?
I just dont see how it could fail. Having your apps available across all 3 platforms, plus utilizing cloud storage would basically give you access to everything you could possibly need, without having to transfer files, etc etc. It should be incredible.

Colt! Nice root on the NX7 dude. I havent rooted my Note 10.1, as Jellybean will be out soon for it and the Custom Roms for it arent impressing me. What are you going to use Root for on it?

Hey umm... what's rooting? :bulgy-eyes:

JB,

Would you say the surface would still work well for a long session of typing? Say if I was writing a paper for a class? I am intrigued by this thing, but not if I cant use it to take notes and write papers on and stuff I dont think.

Where is the cheapest store to buy a short ethernet cord?

There isnt one. Things like that are marked up 1000% in retail stores. Go to Best Buy and bend over if you need it today. If not go online to cablestogo or some place like that and order one for next to nothing.

There isnt one. Things like that are marked up 1000% in retail stores. Go to Best Buy and bend over if you need it today. If not go online to cablestogo or some place like that and order one for next to nothing.

I remember when HDMI first came out and we got a flat screen at our house. When the DirectTV guy came he asked for an HDMI cable and so I ran to radioshack for my dad.. the thing was 85 bucks. I ordered one last week for 6 bucks haha

I remember when HDMI first came out and we got a flat screen at our house. When the DirectTV guy came he asked for an HDMI cable and so I ran to radioshack for my dad.. the thing was 85 bucks. I ordered one last week for 6 bucks haha

haha, yeah the HDMI cables are probably the worst ones too. Now I collect each and every one that might come with something free. You dont want to have to buy one.

I just dont see how it could fail. Having your apps available across all 3 platforms, plus utilizing cloud storage would basically give you access to everything you could possibly need, without having to transfer files, etc etc. It should be incredible.

Colt! Nice root on the NX7 dude. I havent rooted my Note 10.1, as Jellybean will be out soon for it and the Custom Roms for it arent impressing me. What are you going to use Root for on it?

Probably just for clean rom and trinity 7 kernel until I can think of something cooler for it. Truth be told I really just did it to get over the anxiety of unlocking in rooting for the first time before I get my hands on my Note 2.

JB,

Would you say the surface would still work well for a long session of typing? Say if I was writing a paper for a class? I am intrigued by this thing, but not if I cant use it to take notes and write papers on and stuff I dont think.

Im not sure actually. It definitely works better than a touch screen and I just typed out a 600 word or so email on it. A few errors, but nothing major. It definitely takes time to get used to, but I seem to be doing rather well with it. They do offer two types of keyboards as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back