Looking for suggestions for a 3 generation trip!!

Rogera13

Reaction score
Handicap
My father is 68, plays 3 to 4 times a week. My son, 17 plays 5 to 7 times a week including High School golf team an Junior tourneys. I'm 42 and play 1-2 times a week. Looking to have a 3 generation golf outing next summer. 5 days to a week. Night life not a big deal. Would prefer to play somewhere with some credentials (hosted a large or major tourny). Trying to decide the best game plan. PA and NY traveling around some or like a Pinehurst with multiple courses in one. We're in Florida so eastern seaboard would be driveable anything west would need to fly probally be limited to one stop with multiple courses. Really like to hear some oppinions.

Look at the banner above you. True Blue and Caledonia are incredible, drivable and they offer discounts for THPers.

Hilton Head has a number of good courses, add in Harbour Town for your big name course.

St George UT would be my vote if you can swing the travel. Spectacular (sp?) setting for golf with the red rocks

Playing a course that has hosted a major can get tricky since the vast majority are held at private clubs. Kiawah Island has five courses including the Ocean Course.

Closer to your home base, you can play Sawgrass, the courses around the World Golf Hall of Fame and the Ocean Course at Hammock Beach resort. They are all within a reasonable driving distance of each other.

St George UT would be my vote if you can swing the travel. Spectacular (sp?) setting for golf with the red rocks

St George has great golf. It's also only 45 min drive to Wolf Creek. Amazing track!

Pinehurst

Can't go wrong with Myrtle Beach, nearly a hundred courses to choose from and you can get some great deals on packages. It's the home of the 2013 Morgan Cup.

Yes you can't go wrong with Myrtle Beach, but for quality of golf courses it isn't even in the top 10 US destinations in my opinion :)

Can't go wrong with Myrtle Beach, nearly a hundred courses to choose from and you can get some great deals on packages. It's the home of the 2013 Morgan Cup.

You got that right buddy.

I was going to suggest Hilton Head or Charleston (which includes Kiawah just south). There is a lot of lodging at Hilton Head, so if you were to go off season you could probably scoop up a deal.

Looking at the map, Myrtle Beach is another 1.5 hr on the drive, so not much further for a ton of golf and lodging, too.

Back