World Golf Village?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anybody played these course at the Hall of Fame in St Augustine? A friend told me he enjoyed a vacation there quite a bit and was curious if anybody had the pleasure of playing these?

GG and I like the area a lot and have thought about the possibility of looking at homes there. Plus for Harry's sake, it is really close to LPGA headquarters.

I live really close to it, but nope...never been. :(

• Admin
Is it a nice neighborhood?

Oh yeah. Everything down that way is known for being upscale and really nice. I haven't been that way in a while though.

I have been there a few times myself but never played the courses.
Drove around a bit and it looked to be on the "upper middle" class of things from what I remember...

Plus for Harry's sake, it is really close to LPGA headquarters.

Does this mean I'm adding your basement to the rotation of Dent's and Claire's?

• Admin
Do they have basements anywhere in FL? But I am sure we can find a spare room and by room I mean backyard for you.

I have played up there a couple times. I liked the King & Bear more than the Slammer & Squire, but I have not played there in a while (maybe a year and half or so?)

The courses are very nice. Course conditions were excellent, the clubhouses lovely, and practice facilities very nice. I think you can get memberships at either course, even though they are public. (semi private maybe?)

All the homes in the area look very nice to me. I am not sure if it is mostly retirees or if there are also some younger people living there. My husband likes the St Augustine area a lot-he went to St Augustine High School.

We are thinking about going up and playing again some time this summer, but I am not sure if we will have a free weekend!

Thanks Koko. It is semiprivate. With preferable many perks to being a member.

Does this mean I'm adding your basement to the rotation of Dent's and Claire's?

Do they have basements anywhere in FL? But I am sure we can find a spare room and by room I mean backyard for you.

There's probably an extra room down the street from you JB at the hooker's your neighbor's house.

I am not sure if it is mostly retirees or if there are also some younger people living there.

That would be perfect for us. We may be young but we are both going on 65. We are in bed by 10 p.m. and up by 5:30 am. As long as we can get a golf cart to drive around I think we are set ha ha.

I am very intrigued by this little area. It seems like it could be something JB and I might like but I am just not sure. I am loving all the feedback, thanks everyone!

That would be perfect for us. We may be young but we are both going on 65. We are in bed by 10 p.m. and up by 5:30 am. As long as we can get a golf cart to drive around I think we are set ha ha.

I am very intrigued by this little area. It seems like it could be something JB and I might like but I am just not sure. I am loving all the feedback, thanks everyone!

Not that living around older people is bad. lol

Darren and I belong to a club that is almost all retired people. We play scrambles with people our parents age and older!

I think the World Golf Village Area is very nice. I just don't know anyone who lives there to give you guys better feedback.

We met somebody at our range this morning that is from that area and also belongs to one of the nicer clubs in Tampa. He loves it. Said he cannot wait to get back there.

We met somebody at our range this morning that is from that area and also belongs to one of the nicer clubs in Tampa. He loves it. Said he cannot wait to get back there.

I was talking with my husband this morning. He thinks there may be a lot of people who live there as a second home. Either people from up north, or Europe.

I remember the course conditions and the practice facilities being very nice. I also like the trees in the northern part of Florida. But you are still close to the beach.

I was talking with my husband this morning. He thinks there may be a lot of people who live there as a second home. Either people from up north, or Europe.

I remember the course conditions and the practice facilities being very nice. I also like the trees in the northern part of Florida. But you are still close to the beach.

I am ok with it being someones second home. We spend most of our time on here so we aren't all that social haha.

Thanks so much for the feedback. Now I want to go take a trip there and see if for myself. Part of me is scared of moving but most of me in intrigued by the idea of a new place, new town, new home, just a new start.

Part of me is scared of moving but most of me in intrigued by the idea of a new place, new town, new home, just a new start.

That's the right attitude. Told my wife we may be moving out west in the next 18-24 months & of course she is all nervous & scared. I on the other hand hope it actually happens as it would be fun.

Not hardly, that town is a dump.

I'm hoping for Spokane but that's up to my company president to decide.

I've heard really good things about Spokane.

And WSU (Pullman) just built itself a new golf course, Palouse Ridge, which is supposed to be really nice.

Not that living around older people is bad. lol

Darren and I belong to a club that is almost all retired people. We play scrambles with people our parents age and older!

I think the World Golf Village Area is very nice. I just don't know anyone who lives there to give you guys better feedback.

Congrats on 100 posts koko!

yhst-28600676002175_2055_13144949.jpg

Yes, you do! :clapp:

Get busy!

That's the right attitude. Told my wife we may be moving out west in the next 18-24 months & of course she is all nervous & scared. I on the other hand hope it actually happens as it would be fun.

Thanks Dynarider. Moving to a new place is always a little scary just because you don't know what to expect but I think it's more exciting than anything else.

Back