Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Solid idea, that should minimize anything going right on you.

Solid idea, that should minimize anything going right on you.

+1. The original mashie hybrid was a hooker for me but if your miss is right then that's probably your best bet.

Ok day today with the mashie FWs for me today. Was super wet at the course we played and that was part of it. Think I need to take the F3 to the range and hit a bucket with it to figure it out.

Typos courtesy of fat fingers and iPhone

Well I broke down and got a F3 from 3balls like new for less then $40...couldnt beat the price even though Im happy with my current 3 wood.
I play the original mashie hybrids(3 & 4) and love them so i thought i would give this a whirl. The last few 3 woods ive played have all been of the low profile variety (06 cleveland steel, nickent 4dx, Fast 10, Speedline LP) so i was a bit nervous about my odds with the F3. Ive got 3 rounds and a couple of range sessions in now with the mashie and i must say im impressed. I dont get the super high ball flight and misses to the left that i get on occasion with the hybrids. Saturday i went out in some rather cold (25* and windy) weather and played a quick round. I left the driver at home and used the F3 off the tee and tried to set up on the longer holes so i could pull the F3 and work it off the deck as well... great results... low boring balls that just seem to go and go. Wish there was more time left here in the cold north so i could keep working with this club.

Welcome to the mashie club, with the limited time you have with this are u at all tempted to try out the 5 or 7 woods yet?

Welcome to the mashie club, with the limited time you have with this are u at all tempted to try out the 5 or 7 woods yet?

Hey thanks...
yeah I think in the spring I might pick up the 7 wood in hopes of maybe using it to replace my two hybrids. The 3 wood seems much less prone to the hook that i sometimes get from the hybrids...so im sure the 7 would be automatic. I played a 7 wood a handfull of years back when i started golfing but havent played one since. Based on the head size and how the F3 does from the rough the 7 might be more versatile then toting two hybrids. I found that with the woods its much easier to choke down as need to control the distances as well. Distance is going to be key for the 7 wood to find a place in the bag as i specifically use my mashie 4 hybrid right now to tee off on 3 holes on my home course... if anyone has any insight on how the the distance matches up i'd love to hear

I snagged the F5 and man this thing has a really high trajectory in stiff flex, like super towering and losing distance. Anyone experiencing this? Thinking the shaft just doesn't suit me, maybe I'll try X-flex, but I'm not jiving with this club right now. I won't write it off because no current clubs are "bad" just perhaps not particularly well suited for a given golfer.

I still hit my f5 all the time and love it. I need more mashie FWY woods

I wish there was LH x-flex on the bay. I want an F5 so badly.

you would love it! Cheater stick

Golfsmith's site is not working for me at the moment or I may have ordered one already.

First round with the F5 in the bag today. Love it.

C. Kua 59s. Flex code 6643. Worked well and I was able to get it out there almost 230, which is huge for me for a 5 wood.

230 5wd sounds pretty Damn sweet. I've tossed the idea of an f5 around but there's nothing I want to take out of the bag right now.

230 5wd sounds pretty Damn sweet. I've tossed the idea of an f5 around but there's nothing I want to take out of the bag right now.

It slid in perfectly for me. With the SCORs coming in, I had to drop a club, so I dropped my 4 wood and 3 hybrid and added the F5. It's easy to choke down and hit like a 3 hybrid and about as long as my 4 wood off the tee and deck. I love it. I hope you find a way to get one in the bag.

It slid in perfectly for me. With the SCORs coming in, I had to drop a club, so I dropped my 4 wood and 3 hybrid and added the F5. It's easy to choke down and hit like a 3 hybrid and about as long as my 4 wood off the tee and deck. I love it. I hope you find a way to get one in the bag.

Glad it's working out for you D. I really do think that the F5 is the star of the lineup.

Got some more swipes in with the F3 today at the range. Seems like its starting to come around. With how well I hit the F5 though I will probably reserve it for off the tee for now.

Typos courtesy of fat fingers and iPhone

I used my F3 off the tee today on a risk/reward hole I wasn't feeling to confident on. Ended up being a good decision since I was in the middle of the fairway.

I need to get the F5 in the bag and ditch the Hybrid 3 I've got in there. We have a love / hate relationship
I used my F3 off the tee today on a risk/reward hole I wasn't feeling to confident on. Ended up being a good decision since I was in the middle of the fairway.

Back