Any cornhole players out there?

I play its like a national past time in cincy

I still can't believe that game is called "cornhole".

I hope to build my own boards soon.

I still can't believe that game is called "cornhole".

I hope to build my own boards soon.
01iamthegreatcornholio.jpg

Hey guys I just joined and found this website. I love playing cornhole, almost as much as golfing :act-up:. A couple years back my cousin and I decided to build some boards. We went with a full board design (no folding legs) because we liked the sound when the bags landed. Plus we didn't think we would be transporting them very often. We also went with a different design. We were going to go with Notre Dame but decided to be different. I personally haven't seen a whole lot painted with NASCAR, but who knows. Ours are different than any others. Anyways, onto some pics.

6088_545191325622_57100121_32323681_7547103_n.jpg

6088_545191335602_57100121_32323683_6768273_n.jpg

I build another set like these for a friend back home. And thinking of building/painting them for people around here since I can get free advertising in our paper.

Everyone I know has built and painted their own cornhole boards. Of course ours are all maroon and orange!

I just realized I never updated this thread on my threat to build the world's largest cornhole board. Here it is, in all of its glory:

1092_10151312764660350_781971801_n.jpg

533607_10151313702800350_1574509277_n.jpg

305640_10151312765135350_244801161_n.jpg

423096_10151312765785350_1121558658_n.jpg

The local daycare swung by to play

The local daycare swung by to play

That last one is my favorite photo since the the local daycare kids loved it! My two are on the far right, with me.

My fiance recently informed me she wants cornhole boards at our reception. I knew I was marrying her for a reason.

My fiance recently informed me she wants cornhole boards at our reception. I knew I was marrying her for a reason.

Definitely a keeper.

@Nuevo_eph
wow dude, that's impressive. Guinness World Record then???

I played Thanksgiving.

TapAhoy!

My sister's father in law loves to break out the cornhole boards whenever he can (he went to Iowa, and he has Hawkeye cornhole boards). We were at his place for Thanksgiving, and he and I obliterated a couple of guest Marines that he hosted for dinner.

wife that women

I go to the University of Kansas and this game is a staple at tailgates and back home, back yard hangouts. There are even a few bars here in lawrence that will bring out some boards to their respective patios when the weather is nice enough!

I love this thread it cracks me up everytime.

@Nuevo_eph
wow dude, that's impressive. Guinness World Record then???

Well I'm starting up a collection with my buddies to help pay for the 3-day review from GWR, otherwise I have to wait another 7 weeks at this point. They are backlogged!

Just an update, I got the record officially!
GWRecord.jpg

that's impressive

If all I have to do to get a world record is make a giant backyard game I know what I'm doing this summer. I won't do cornhole. How about golf ball on a string ladder toss? 20 feet tall here I come.

If you're serious, PM me since there are a bunch of hurdles to get there.

I play cornhole every Saturday between September and December. Never played sober, but might have to try that sometime.

I like me some cornhole

Yes I do. Its a great game while drinking a couple of cold ones and kicking the younguns tails.

Played a lot this past weekend. Won the two tournaments they had at this campground I was staying at. Definitely some interesting folks entered into the tourney though. Guys were trying to count bags that bounced on the board and they played a strange 'knock down' game where you'd have to go back to 16 if you didn't score 21 exactly. That was a strange one. Being penalized for being too good? Anyways, always love to play.

A guy I know owns http://www.gentechcornhole.com/ which do all the lighting for the boards. He gave me a set this weekend that I'll be putting on my boards soon.

Back