Diane

Reaction score
Do you ever look up someone's handicap on GHIN? If so, is it out of curiosity or because you're going to play or have played with him/her? I admit - I have although I liked it better when GHIN showed the course that was played.

You can check mine out anytime Diane...hehe
I never really have other than my fathers.

Yes, I have. I've done it when I played in the city tournament and wanted to see what my competitors were.

Yes .

negative

For those of you who are saying no, do you have a GHIN handicap?

JB - You have your handicap in your profile. I look up my father and brother too.

Nope but I have check peoples bowling ave. on ABC (no not the TV station. hehe)

For those of you who are saying no, do you have a GHIN handicap?

Yes I have a GHIN handicap and I never have looked up someone elses index...:cool:

I have a GHIN handicap (actually AZGN which isn't on the USGA's GHIN system), but I have never looked up anyone else's. I think you can request the USGA block others from seeing anything except the actual index. Several years ago some bigwigs in business had their rounds posted on line embarrassing them because they were playing a lot of golf while their companies were tanking. I think USGA took steps to insure the privacy of their members while still providing the necessary information?

C-Tech - It was Stan O'Neal at Merrill Lynch and Jimmy Cayne at Bear Stearns. After they were exposed, GHIN changed it so you can't see the course and the day played - only the month, year, score and slope.

No, I never have, or will. No reason too. Why add a possible a game detracting issue to your own game? When I play in local tournaments, I bring my smartest, and best physical game I can. Hopefully that is enough to play well, and have a good time. :comp:

Anyone is welcome to look my up my GHIN I have it listed in my profile as of the last revision it was 12.5.

Never have looked up anyone's myself.

I play sometimes in NCGA team matches. Meaning my club plays another club in match play. I will often look at my opponents GHIN to see how he/she is playing recently. I don't think it matters much but it is a nice thing to be aware of.

I am usually looking to see if they are inconsistent players, meaning sometimes they beat their handicap by 5-6 and then shoot 5-6 over their handicap on other days. Or are they + or - a few from their handicap. The latter are usually the tougher guys to play.

I have, I had a business associate that golfed every day, literally any time you called him he was either getting ready to tee off or just finishing a round. I wanted to see how good he really was. Turns out he was pretty good, 0 or +1, I don't remember now.

I don't use GHIN, but with the handicap tracker I use, I don't bother to check out other's handicaps. :) I've got enough to worry about without wondering what they're going to shoot :)

I was snarky enough to check out BIL's.

Claire - How can looking at something that is accessible to anyone online be snarky?

Claire - How can looking at something that is accessible to anyone online be snarky?

He gives me lots of advice, even after I ask him not to. Also, I wanted to assure myself his was higher's than that of another friend I looked up on GHIN (it was).

He gives me lots of advice, even after I ask him not to. Also, I wanted to assure myself his was higher's than that of another friend I looked up on GHIN (it was).

Still not snarky - you were just curious.

Back