Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I do my own regripping and I've stuck with the PING 703 grips for all of my clubs, including non-PING clubs. I like the feel and they have the right amount of tackiness. I also like that they come in +1/32 size, meaning I don't have to worry about any build-up tape when regripping.

But with all the new varieties of grips out now, I'm just wondering what everyone's favorite grips are, and why?

Good ole GP Tour Velvets for me. Nice and tacky and cheap to replace. I do have a GP dual compound on my hybrid though. Not too sure if I like it or not yet as it feels a bit on the hard side (corded part).

I like the GD New Decade Multicompounds. I like the cord on my glove hand, as it gives me more grip, and I like the rubber on my non-glove hand because it gives me good grip, and doesn't tear up my hand too bad. I'm putting the Black and White ones on every club except my putter at the beginning of July, oh and I put them on logo down.

Winn PCI Hybrid is by far the best I have ever used.

I like the PING NTS grip (white). I put them on pretty much everything.

I do still like the classic GP Tour Velvet as well.

Ping 703 on all my Pings.I had a set of Callaway x-20's I had ribbed gp tour velvet cords on and when I regrip I suppose they'll be my choice if I can get a deal on them.I have Gp tour velvets on my Titleist and don't have a problem with them.Honestly other than now having a preference for non-wrap style cord grips I don't really have a favorite grip.Every time I do they discontinue it eg: Lamkin green dual density crosslines .As far as non-cord I've had good results with the Ping 703's,STAR grips as well as GP tour velvet and Lamkin crosslines.Since I do the regrip I guess it really boils down to which of that style I can get the best deal on.I have a set of Ping 703's and gp muticompounds right now to cover next regripping but will problely try hooking up with some ribbed GP tour velvet cords and hold those in reserve..

I had to order a few grip changes worth of Goldwin wrap grips on ebay since they don't sell these anymore. These are actual wrap grips, not slip-ons because the butt end of the club is oversized. I re-gripped my clubs last summer and it takes a tad longer than normal regripping. I don't know that these are my favorite because you don't want them getting wet while playing, but they are what I had to get.

fe_1_b.JPG

I have the blue and black Golf Pride MultiCompund on my driver, and it's perfect. Not slippery, but it doesn't tear up my hands either.

i like the GP Tour Velvets and New Decade Multi's too. i bought a bunch of leather grips recently but im just gonna resell them. i thought id like to try them out, but like Smalls' grips, they have to be wrapped and Im not about to do that myself. so im just gonna sell em

It's not that big a deal RS. They have a sticky back and you just gotta turn the club as you put it on. It takes a little longer and your hands are more tired, but it's not too bad.

I had to order a few grip changes worth of Goldwin wrap grips on ebay since they don't sell these anymore. These are actual wrap grips, not slip-ons because the butt end of the club is oversized. I re-gripped my clubs last summer and it takes a tad longer than normal regripping. I don't know that these are my favorite because you don't want them getting wet while playing, but they are what I had to get.

fe_1_b.JPG

i LOVED those Goldwins Smalls. those babies were soooo expensive back in their day too. ive thought about picking up a set of them on ebay just because ive always wanted to own a set. same thing with their aluminum drivers too. always wanted one of those but they were VERY pricey in their day. i recently saw a BRAND NEW set of the Goldwin AVDP's on ebay. gorgeous irons

I have a couple drivers and a 3 wood (the three wood is not like the driver material, it is the black model) that's just sitting around. I can send you pics if you want tonight. We can talk price if you're interested, but I just want them gone, basically, since they are just sitting around doing nothing.

Yeah they were pretty expensive at the time, I bought them new and I don't even remember where, other than they were delivered, so I didn't buy them local.

GP Tour Velvets are nice. Thats what all of my clubs have. Ive always been a fan of cord grips too. I find them to be really grippy, almost to the point where you dont need a glove.

Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound. I tried these a couple of weeks ago and they really worked for me. I noticed how much more control I had and it made me realize that with my previous grips my left hand must have been twisting or coming off the grip during my swing. I went out and changed the grips on both sets of clubs to the GP. I never knew the grip made that much difference.

Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound. I tried these a couple of weeks ago and they really worked for me. I noticed how much more control I had and it made me realize that with my previous grips my left hand must have been twisting or coming off the grip during my swing. I went out and changed the grips on both sets of clubs to the GP. I never knew the grip made that much difference.

What color did you get Keith?

+1 for Golf Pride Multi Compound grips. Mine have the Yellow Tips.

Have been using the Wynn PCI Hybrid Mid both north/south. Got the tour velvets on the new burners and they tore my hands up last week.

Having them regripped with the PCI Hybrids and just ordered the new set with PCI hydrids.

Karakal xx-tack grips on my hybrids and woods. Lovely feel and great looking. Dont think i will ut them on my irons though. Want summit really soft like the golf pride DD2 grips.

would love to look at the iomics....but not really around in the UK, and they are expensive.....twice as much as other grips!

Karakal xx-tack grips on my hybrids and woods. Lovely feel and great looking. Dont think i will ut them on my irons though. Want summit really soft like the golf pride DD2 grips.

would love to look at the iomics....but not really around in the UK, and they are expensive.....twice as much as other grips!

I have never tried an IOmic on a normal club, but I love the IOmic putter grips, definitely worth the money IMO.

GP Tour Velvet Midsize on everything for me. I need a bigger grip or the clubs go flying. I may try the New Decade mids at some point but the Tour Velvets are cheap and available everywhere.

Mine are definitely the new ones i put on today...Lamkin Crossline blk/wht .580 1/8" oversize

i just regripped all my clubs today and went to the range with em....BEAUTIFUL

and i just put the blk/blk Winn Excel Medalist Pistol Jumbo grip on the Scotty...more than beautiful! :desire:

A few months ago, I got a gift certificate that was just enough to buy a couple of the Golf Pride New Decade grips.

I put them on, played with them for 2 weeks, then went and bought the other 11. I love 'em. They freakin rule!

640-O.jpg

I re-gripped my putter too, I didn't like the Winn AVS, it got too slimy. I went with a Golf Pride Tour Velvet putter grip. I like it tons better.

GPPVPL.gif

I know what you mean about slimy! haha i love the GP MC but i cant afford 9$ a grip. Especially when i replace them every year. With the lamkins i can regrip everything for under 45$

If you'll shop around, you can find them for $7 per grip (I think I paid $6.69 or something like that).

How often are you washing your grips? They'll last a lot longer if you wash them with soapy water after every session on the range or course.

Back