How we hit 'em here in the winter

MarkMark

Golf Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
16 or so
I have a time reserved for Thursday at this place to try out my new R11s. In Minnesota, nothing stops us from getting out on the driving range!

I've spent some time in heated bays during weather like that. Brrrrrr.

Looks like a nice place. Wish I had a place like that closer to me during the winter.

That right there is the reason I don't and won't live up there. I despise cold weather and it gets cold enough down here.

I need to check this place out.

I haven't used a heated bay. But I plan to with Dev at a place he knows.

How hilarious is it that the Northerners look at this like it's a good thing. I'll put up with some pretty rotten stuff just to hit golf balls.

How hilarious is it that the Northerners look at this like it's a good thing. I'll put up with some pretty rotten stuff just to hit golf balls.

Isn't that the truth.

We just play golf in shorts and 80* temps during December :alien:

That's awesome. Is someone checking a GPS in the last picture? How do you even find the ball?!?

No, that wasn't a GPS. Some folks were using them, though. And finding the balls proved...difficult. Lost a TON of them, although it took longer to lose our stock of yellow/blue/pink/anything not white balls.
After those were gone, it got ugly. Wet snow + slight roll = snowball. One of which looks pretty much like the rest of the landscape.

730d46a0.jpg

This picture is from a couple years ago when ddec was testing the Taylormade MC's. It was 25 degrees and windy. Sad part we were in a heated stall and the golf balls still froze together.

i sometimes played in heated bays, not so bad

You know what we call a heated driving range down here?

A driving range.

What the hell is a winter?

I think I will just stay inside on THP at that point and let you all have the fun in the snow. I can say that I have played in the same type of weather a few times when I was just starting playing golf. Also was in a tournament once and the high was like 28°. That was not my idea, but my brother in laws. He thought it would be fun for us, his father, uncle, and me to play in this. His dad was not a happy camper. The one good thing was we took first or second.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

What the hell is a winter?

I'll send you some "winter" in a box when we get some serious white stuff. When I was on the golf team in high school, it was not cool to wear a winter hat or cap so in the spring when it was freezing out, our ears would just about freeze off. How stupid were we. OK, maybe still stupid now too for living here!

We used to have a golf dome here in Spokane that I used all winter.
A few years ago it closed and they tore it down. Apparently there wasn't enough use.
Of course, the stupid location and limited accessibility to it had nothing to do with the low usage.

I miss that dome...dang it !

Our dome went belly up and a local college bought it. Those things are ridiculously expensive to heat or cool and buckets of balls just don't bring in enough money.

Back