So, is shirtless golf now acceptable???

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, this is something I have just started to notice lately but it seems like a lot of men around here thinks its perfectly acceptable to play golf with no shirt on.
What ever happened to golf being a gentleman's game and people maintaining class and dignity out on the course?
Sorry, but this really annoys me...
Shorts I can accept but not shirtless golf. :angry:

Fortunately, that has not been a problem here in Southern Arizona. As a matter of fact, the only place around here you can play without a collared shirt is the city courses and they require at least a decent T-shirt.

When men go shirtless, it really bothers me. (feel free to complete the thought yourself)

I've never seen it before, but if I did I'd never play the course again. I have to assume it was a crappy muni ...

Sounds like something I might have done when I was a teenager, but major no-no nowadays.

Never....

I haven't seen anything like that yet. Even the muni's here require a collard shirt...but they don't seem to care how much gravy some slobs have spelled on it. Are you sure it's allowed or are they just taking off their shirts when the get in the round?

I see it at the city courses around here all the time. This is another reason why I dont visit the city courses anymore.

Only place I ever saw it was at two "farm town courses" in Iowa (Exira and Anita). My (ex) brother-in-law and I played those courses from time to time whenever we went up to our wives parents farm over a weekend. We didn't see it often, just a few times. we dealt with it because we didn't want to drive all over looking for somewhere to play.

It's cool with me....we are talking ladies right?

Ok, this is something I have just started to notice lately but it seems like a lot of men around here thinks its perfectly acceptable to play golf with no shirt on.
What ever happened to golf being a gentleman's game and people maintaining class and dignity out on the course?
Sorry, but this really annoys me...
Shorts I can accept but not shirtless golf. :angry:

What about if its a woman?

Usually the shirtless guys are the ones who sit in the cart all day at the local unkept muni and drink beer.

I would not want to see a shirtless guy playin golf. Volleyball maybe (i.e the scene from top gun), but that doesn't belong on the golf course.

At my home course no collar no play.I know of another course that if you come with say a tee shirt then they have a collared shirt for you to borrow

I've seen it a few times around here as well.

Shockingly, it's always on the better muni's ($30-60 per round)

Yes, Im talking men and yes this is on a public/muni course in a small town.
Ive gone so far as to report these people at the clubhouse after my round, but there arent any marshals out on the course and these guys take their shirts off as soon as they finish the first hole and put them back on before they are again in sight of the clubhouse, so unless someone is out on the course, they probably wouldnt even see it.
I just think its very low class.
I understand that these guys are just trying to stay cool, but seriously. Shirtless golf is just not cool.
If they want to go shirtless, they seriously need to go to the beach or a volleyball court; not a golf course.

I bet if all the "traditional" golfers on that type of course complained and threatened to never return until they stopped it, they would change that.

I agree with Blue Arc. Complaining does work. However complaining and then going right back to play regardless doesnt help much. However I can see the same traditional player may complain about Tee Shirts, or the sandals as well.

I have not seen this phenomenon yet (except John Daley on tv) and hope I never do.

What if I wore the collar with no shirt?
Spoiler
brandsonsale-store_2058_1047939013

Last edited:
I would not want to see a shirtless guy playin golf. Volleyball maybe (i.e the scene from top gun), but that doesn't belong on the golf course.

That is a very HOTTT scene, amazing bodies there.......we are talking about the '55 Chevy's in the background right?

I agree with Blue Arc. Complaining does work. However complaining and then going right back to play regardless doesnt help much. However I can see the same traditional player may complain about Tee Shirts, or the sandals as well.

Well...without knowing how you feel about T's and sandals...I don't like it. The golf clothes they make now are designed for the game. They are cool and as comfortable as anything you can wear. Part of the lure of golf for me was the the tradition of it. Nice looking park like course, nice looking people playing the greatest game ever played! Ha! I love it.

Shows up for me.

Back