When does the tour golf 2012 season properly

Reaction score
Handicap
Notice its pretty quiet regarding discussion European and pga tour.

Regarding the question..

For me the season starts properly at the first WGC in Feb

The WGC is probably the first really "big event" where are the top guys are there....but The PGA tour has The Sony Open in Hawaii in early January....but there is also the Farmer's Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, The Waste Management Open at TPC Scotesdale,The AT&T Pro Am at Pebble Beach and The Northern Trust Open at Riviera that will all draw pretty good fields.

Kapalua is the start of the season and I like it as such. A little celebration of the previous years winners, get reacclimated to the tour and prepared for this season.

That's how it is for me, although I'd have to agree TBT that the farmers @ Torrey Pines (and really the 4 weeks stretch of torrey, scottsdale, pebble and riviera) are really the unofficial start of the golf season. It's the big name courses, big name players and it generally comes after football season. For the even more casual viewer, The Masters is the start of the golf season.

I enjoy watching Kapalua and The Sony from Hawaii. Here on the east coast it is prime time TV. Gets dark here by 530 then and its usually or coldest time of year too.

Wish more of the big names wouldn't skip Kapalua. It used to be something special.

The season starts for me with Kapalua

It hardly seems like it ends these days. I suppose the Florida swing is when I start paying more attention since it's the warmup for the Masters.

Already started for the european tour...

Sony Open.

I wasnt asking. I watch Dubai.

I know you weren't asking, thanks. I was saving people the google search for when he starts his PGA.

For me the Clam-Bake at Pebble is the start to the season and one of my favorites all year. Always brings the big names too

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

The Hawaii/California legs are when the tour starts in my mind. Although I wish that they would move the California leg a bit later in the year, say April or May, to lessen the risk of rain.

Mid-winter is a great time for Florida, California desert, and Arizona golf

Kapalua! I love that course, and I really get excited when a TOUR season kicks off. Like others, I wish more of the big guns would play in the TofC.

Back