Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Sitting in Verizon and just grabbed a hold of the S3 for a minute. Feels so small now...

Wow. Sitting in Verizon and just grabbed a hold of the S3 for a minute. Feels so small now...

I used my wife's earlier, and I agree, it feels incredibly tiny.

I want to get my mother a tablet for Christmas. No clue which one....

Main uses - web surfing, face booking, playing that bejeweled game, playing other games like that.

She doesn't read books really, so it's mainly to play around on. Want something EASY to use and navigate on.

Don't wanna spend over $250... Can ANYONE point me in the right direction. Only tablet I know is the iPad!!!! Help quick please.

Hell, I am using 2.3.6!

I use antivirus software on my Android phone, but I am not sure that it's really that big a deal on the phone. I'd get a lot more battery life if I got rid of it.

Main uses - web surfing, face booking, playing that bejeweled game, playing other games like that.

She doesn't read books really, so it's mainly to play around on. Want something EASY to use and navigate on.

Don't wanna spend over $250... Can ANYONE point me in the right direction. Only tablet I know is the iPad!!!! Help quick please.

I JUST got a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 today and I love it. I think a Kindle would be really perfect for her to be honest. I use mine for FB, games, Twitter, and yet still have books on here as well as Netflix and the like. Plus, the price is much cheaper than an iPad. I payed $250 after a $50 rebate from Amazon, and then got a case for it with a Bluetooth keyboard for another $50. I can't complain for the price. You can get the Kindle Fire HD 7" for $199 I believe...

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

I kinda forgot I have Lookout Security on my phone, so I don't know why I downloaded avast. So I uninstalled avast just now. I'll keep lookout. That should help save the battery some.

Definitely take a look at the Nexus 7.

Definitely take a look at the Nexus 7.

Another one here for the nexus 7! I got two in the house now, for the money it performs so so so so good!

Another one here for the nexus 7! I got two in the house now, for the money it performs so so so so good!
x3. best bang for your buck out there.

Really struggling on deciding which to get my wife for Christmas. She mainly uses our desktop PC when needing to use a computer, but am thinking a laptop/netbook/ultrabook would be nice for her, or possibly go the tablet route.

Really struggling on deciding which to get my wife for Christmas. She mainly uses our desktop PC when needing to use a computer, but am thinking a laptop/netbook/ultrabook would be nice for her, or possibly go the tablet route.

Take a look at the new convertibles - MS Surface, Samsung Ateve, HP envy X2. I think those are the names. Get one with full Windows 8 instead of Win RT and she'll be compatible with all legacy apps if that's an issue.

Got my wife an ipad last year so she can do her thing while sitting with the kids in the family room. Was a great move. If buying today, I would get her a convertible and eliminate a device though.

More expensive, but a good option.

Take a look at the new convertibles - MS Surface, Samsung Ateve, HP envy X2. I think those are the names. Get one with full Windows 8 instead of Win RT and she'll be compatible with all legacy apps if that's an issue.

Got my wife an ipad last year so she can do her thing while sitting with the kids in the family room. Was a great move. If buying today, I would get her a convertible and eliminate a device though.

More expensive, but a good option.
I had been looking at the HP Envy. I like it a lot, and think it could be the way I go.

I had been looking at the HP Envy. I like it a lot, and think it could be the way I go.

What about the Dell, convertible? I don't trust much of anything that HP puts out nowadays. Seems like everything they touch catches the plague.

Dell XPS 12 maybe? Best of both worlds.

Edit: Just noticed Colt recommended the same thing.

Lol. I work for HP. Have nothing to do with the PC division, but their products have been solid lately. Just don't buy the low end laptops offered by any OEM if you give them any serious use.

If you go that route I can provide a friends&family discount.

Just got a Surface RT from my work. They gave me both keyboards to test out. The one limitation i was not aware of is that you can't setup a vpn connection.

Other than that, it rocks! I keep thinking... Is it a tablet or mini laptop? This is probably the most productive tablet I've used for work so far. I can remote desktop to my pc and servers at work and home.

Will report back in a few days after honeymoon wears off.

Well just stumbled on a major issue with the Surface tablet. No VPN. Apparently this is a known issue. Fits i should have done my homework first. So this may be going back tomorrow and will wait for the Pro version.

Thanks for being the Guinea pig on this one. I almost bought my fiancée a surface rt. She uses my VPS for her Netflix/Pandora.

Well just stumbled on a major issue with the Surface tablet. No VPN. Apparently this is a known issue. Fits i should have done my homework first. So this may be going back tomorrow and will wait for the Pro version.

Finally putting JB on my LTEVO, yumm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back