Taylormade Reveals new R1

I love my R11S, but I will be checking this one out for sure!

Without actually seeing the club, zero idea.

dragging this out is making me less interested.

Why did they go all the way back to 1? Is it like a prequel?

I had to watch the video again and they never actually showed the club. Interesting. Also noticed the Lethal on the hats. Project 5 name did not work for them I guess.

dragging this out is making me less interested.

Did you feel the same way about the Razr Fit Extreme release?

I am going to wait patiently for the THP informational release of this club before I form any opinions.

I am not too excited for this years product outside the bladez tours. The woods are ugly and I really do not feel there is marked improvement. For two years TM has had outstanding sales with their woods. This, I feel, is the year they lose some of that share. Let me test one and if it outpreforms my R11s than I will eat crow... Pay me thousands of dollars and I will sing its praises too.

I agree with One-T as well

Did you feel the same way about the Razr Fit Extreme release?
No, they did that in a day or so.

We have heard about this new TM driver for 3 months. Even seen some spoiler pics. Now they release a video with dudes saying.."oh my", "thats bad ass", "neato"

No, they did that in a day or so.

We have heard about this new TM driver for 3 months. Even seen some spoiler pics. Now they release a video with dudes saying.."oh my", "thats bad ass", "neato"

What about the X Hot? All Callaway did for months before that release was talk about how awesome it was without giving us any info on it.

And to be fair, Taylormade hasn't really been dragging this out. This is the first thing about this driver I've seen from Taylormade. The rest is from other sources.

As a TM homer, I'm drooling over this new driver and the "lethal" ball....Exciting stuff!

I have to think they'll allow for lower than 9, no?

Yes. Maybe you do that while changing face angle. I dunno. Not overly excited about this.

What about the X Hot? All Callaway did for months before that release was talk about how awesome it was without giving us any info on it.

And to be fair, Taylormade hasn't really been dragging this out. This is the first thing about this driver I've seen from Taylormade. The rest is from other sources.
Well, I feel like it has been dragged out. Personally. Thats my Opinion.

That was my reaction as well. It's white with an adjustable sole plate -- so it looks like an R11. That's what I got from the commercial.

If it were all white it would look way better then it does... Wait until you see the crown it's ridiculous and not in a good way!

I like that adjustability has come so far in three years. Between Cobra, Nike and TM, they are all offering a "one driver for all". Sure is going to make testing for the new boom stick a lot of fun!

Meh. I just don't get excited about Taylormade drivers anymore.

Back