• Option 5

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the top 5 finalists for our Sligo July Outfit of the month contest. We got lots of entries this time and want to thank everybody that took the time to check out Sligo Wear Inc. - Designers of trendy golf fashion. and enter this great event for free gear. Good luck to the finalists this time in the voting and if you did not make the top 5, do not worry, more great Sligo contests coming soon.

The poll will run for just a couple of days.

1. Gray Matter
Chrome Pants
5 diamond sweater (mint)
Classic white belt
St. James White

For those of us who can’t bomb a drive 330 yds, cut the corner on a dog leg, or hit a fade with a 5-iron from 200 yds, we must use our brain, our gray matter. We meticulously plot our ball around the course using our smarts, not our strength.

2. Name "The Most Interesting Golf Outfit In The World"
Lambis Cleveland polo
Tropical plaid trousers
Tropical icon belt
Drivers Cap

Description: (set to the tune of the Dos Equis commercial)
- It once made 3 Brazilian supermodels do a double take. It once had a non
moisture-wicking moment just to see how it felt. It is - the most
interesting golf outfit in the world. I don't always wear golf clothes, but when I do, it's Sligo. Stay stylish my friends.

3. The Marksman

Solid Chrome Trousers,
Chrome Mentor Polo,
Black Classic Belt,
Black Visor,
Black Hoffland Outerwear

The marksman instills in it's wearer a sharp, precise confidence that ensures you'll be in top form and focus all round long. This outfit rocks because it exudes a clean style that will force your competition to envy you, fear you, and respect you all at once.

4. Bubble Gum Birdies
Blue Scriver Polo
Blue Icon Belt
Chrome Trousers

Let's just be serious here, you wanna look good? You wear Sligo. You wanna play good? You wear Sligo. With the Bubble Gum outfit, you look good, turn some heads, and feel great in some outrageous colours that most golfers don't have the guts to wear. Gather up your loose change, break the rules and spend it all in one place, Sligo Wear Inc. - Designers of trendy golf fashion.

5. The Vardon
Pattern Trousers, Ivory Plaid
Classic Belt, Cleveland*
Lambis Polo, Cleveland
78 Sweater, Chrome
Driver Cap
Retro Headcover
• User can swap in the THP buckle, designed by Sligo.

Named after the originator of so much that is classic golf style, my object was to design an outfit that most style-conscious golfers could readily wear to the course, whether to a public scramble among friends or a private members only event: I sought to put together a restrained, yet modern approach to classic golf patterns, intended to inspire attention not by being cute or obtrusive, but based on quality manufacture and clean lines that evoke the long, but continuing tradition of golfwear design.

Something is wrong here JB. My entry isn't listed.

Spoiler
hehe

• Admin
You will have to talk with the judges, I had no say in this one. But a few of these are fantastic. I think some most of the descriptions were great, but I must say some people's outfits just did not match...hehe

Kidding of course. We got lots of entries and hope some more of our forum members enter more and more of these.

Not a big deal, but aren't 4 and 5 over the 50 word essay limit?

• Admin
I can answer this. All the entries were under 50 words, however in translation to make them smoother reading, the panel of judges made them gramatically correct and some went over. All of the entries were under 50 at submission.

I can answer this. All the entries were under 50 words, however in translation to make them smoother reading, the panel of judges made them gramatically correct and some went over. All of the entries were under 50 at submission.
Got it. Good luck all - These are great.

• Admin
Number 2 makes me laugh every time I read it.

#4...

However, I like the Dos Equis commercial, LOL.

About the same IP thing...wow, just wow.

We set it to close tomorrow at noon.

24 votes? Really?

I thought the same thing Smallie.

Sour grapes perhaps - people whose entries weren't chosen don't want to vote. I did.

For those too slackery to check for themselves:

1. Gray Matter

09-060_CHROME-1.jpg
09-050_BLACK-1.jpg
09-076_WHITE-1.jpg
09-006_WHITE-1.jpg

For those of us who can’t bomb a drive 330 yds, cut the corner on a dog leg, or hit a fade with a 5-iron from 200 yds, we must use our brain, our gray matter. We meticulously plot our ball around the course using our smarts, not our strength.

2. Name "The Most Interesting Golf Outfit In The World"

09-033_CLEVELAND-1.jpg
09-059_Tropical-1.jpg

Description: (set to the tune of the Dos Equis commercial)
- It once made 3 Brazilian supermodels do a double take. It once had a non
moisture-wicking moment just to see how it felt. It is - the most
interesting golf outfit in the world. I don't always wear golf clothes, but when I do, it's Sligo. Stay stylish my friends.

3. The Marksman

09-060_CHROME-1.jpg

The marksman instills in it's wearer a sharp, precise confidence that ensures you'll be in top form and focus all round long. This outfit rocks because it exudes a clean style that will force your competition to envy you, fear you, and respect you all at once.

(continued below)

4. Bubble Gum Birdies

Let's just be serious here, you wanna look good? You wear Sligo. You wanna play good? You wear Sligo. With the Bubble Gum outfit, you look good, turn some heads, and feel great in some outrageous colours that most golfers don't have the guts to wear. Gather up your loose change, break the rules and spend it all in one place, Sligo Wear Inc. - Designers of trendy golf fashion.

5. The Vardon

• User can swap in the THP buckle, designed by Sligo.

Named after the originator of so much that is classic golf style, my object was to design an outfit that most style-conscious golfers could readily wear to the course, whether to a public scramble among friends or a private members only event: I sought to put together a restrained, yet modern approach to classic golf patterns, intended to inspire attention not by being cute or obtrusive, but based on quality manufacture and clean lines that evoke the long, but continuing tradition of golfwear design.

(If I messed up anyone's submission, let me know and I will fix it.)

Uh oh - I should have looked at the outfit before I voted. I liked the write up, but IMO the outft doesn't work. JB - may I change my vote?

What's the same IP thing?

Can't believe how few votes are here either. Regardless, looks like Dos Equis is running away with it!

Thanks, Harry. I went to the web site to look, and while it may be laid out well for shopping, it was hard to put outfits together for the vote. But I managed!

was sligo planning to use this for their website? will there be any copyright issues with dos equis?

I wouldn't think there will be issues. Nothing in the essay is an exact duplicate of the commercials.

I am still stunned that with over 350 views and as many members here that only 27 people voted in this poll. Wonder what the email voting looks like? And how many voted that way. (Bad thing with the email way though, is the potential to stuff the ballot).

Back