Weekend of July 18-19

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
My ex brother-in-law is coming to town tonight and we are playing at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. Then someplace to be determined Sunday morning.

(I remembered to start this thread for a change! Makes a difference when you are actually going to play!)

I've got no golfing planned for this weekend. I have a family reunion on Sunday adn will most likely just stay at home on Saturday.

Headed to the hunting lease this evening. Got some work to do at camp (new countertops in the kitchen, the old ones are rotten) and a few other improvements. We're trying to get all of the hard stuff taken care of well before season so we can enjoy ourselves.

Not sure if I'll get a chance to play on Sunday, depends on how early I can get moving around.

Got a side job to do Sunday evening.

Golf Saturday at 2:30. Gonna fish the big blue Sunday with my buddy. He has a Boston Whaler. Thing sure is small when you get out there though... Ha!

Im going to play on Sunday morning, I might have to get out by the ocean to avoid the heat wave.

I'm playing tomorrow afternoon. I hope it's not as humid as it is right now. I may actually ride if it is.

I'll be looking for some friends to golf with all weekend, today is a perfect day to golf, but can't find anyone to go with.

We've got to do the Walmart/Sam's Club run this afternoon since there will be no time on the weekend. Already mowed, so that's taken care of. Then all that's left to do is golf all weekend! (And watch the Open!)

watching golf and hanging wioth friends....taking the weekend off from playing time

yard work, food, and beer.................:banana:

Saturday morning with my Men's Club, Sunday afternoon with whomever at the local muni.

Tomorrow the wife & I are going to the Dane County fair, then sunday it's Golf at The Bull with 7 friends.

Tonight we are making baby back ribs and opening a bottle of wine. Tomorrow GG works, and I am going to the course to work on some equipment. Then Sunday we are going to the Bradenton/Sarasota area to look at some homes in a few golf communites that we are interested in.

Im headed to NE Wisconsin with my girlfriend to visit my parents. We're going to take in some local flea markets, antique stores, mini golf, fishing and Im playing golf on Sunday morning with my father.
It should be a great weekend, its supposed to be a bit on the chilly side though. They are forecasting high temps only in the high 50s to low 60s, which even for northern Wisconsin is chilly for July. The temps are supposed to be in the 40s at night, so we just might have to fire up the wood-burning stove.

Playing tomorrow afternoon with my fiance at Lakewood CC (public), and watching the Open of course - I love my DVR, at least when it works.

It's the last weekend before sleepaway camp (and Camp Grownup around here), so it will be very kid-centric and golf free. One cool thing, though. The Kid has been best camp friends for some years now witrh a boy who lives in London--his folks are ex pats. They can't manage to deliver him to camp on Tuesday, but his dad can get him here tomorrow. The Kid is thrilled about three extra days with his friend; we're all looking forward to it.

No golf (or atleast I think no golf), but I picked up my new iPhone 3GS today. Exciting! :D [I count Friday as part of the weekend, hehe]

I'm going on a road trip with a buddy to a high end golf course Sunday, but after that I'm done for a while.

Got up and tried to go golfing at the muni by my fiance's work. I only had time to get in 9 holes, but for some reason they have a rule that you have to play 18 if it's before 3:30pm. :bulgy-eyes:

So, instead I got a batch of range balls and hit the range. I haven't had a chance to play for a couple weekends, so I was a little rusty. Got out the Teach 'N' Towel and pegged it down. I liked how it worked, especially the footing and alignment aids for ball placement in my stance. I'll write more about it when I find the original post from the review of the towel.

Also hit the putting green, got in a good session and have the swing back on track (for now). :golf2:

I got off work early today and took vacation for tomorrow so I'll get out and play on Sunday. Depending on who shows up it could be an all day event.lol

Is that an invite to Smallie?

Is that an invite to Smallie?

He is always invited.:D My nieces boyfriend "works" at the course and on most Sundays those guys play all day long. I'm usually working so I don't get there until late in the day and can only get in 9.

I got off work early today and took vacation for tomorrow so I'll get out and play on Sunday. Depending on who shows up it could be an all day event.lol

Dang MO, you shoulda come out to Sunflower today. Long round though.

House hunting went rather well today. We found 3 different golf communities that we really liked. All 3 were the type that everybody had their own golf cart and drove around the neighborhoods. We will be heading back down there in a couple of weeks to look some more. We both can see ourselves living down there soon.

JB - my brother lives in a community like that, it's awesome! You guys will love it.

Well, my weekend went off pretty well. Got out to the Farm on Friday night, goofed off in the shop for a while and smoked a cigar.

Good thing I unloaded all my tools from the truck, because at 5:30 Saturday morning, we got a really exciting storm. Power went out at 5:45, and the lightning was almost nonstop. Amazing. We wound up with 3/4" of rain. Power came back up at 7:15. I grabbed a quick shower, and headed into town, played 18 holes (got through in 3 hours, pretty darn good) The first hole and the last 4 were just awful, had some pretty good ones in the middle though. I managed to hit a super 9 iron shot on #15, 135 yards, I hit about 6' past the pin and sucked it back up to ≈3', which I drained for a good par. That was an awesome feeling. :D I then loaded up and headed to the hunting lease, where we installed new countertops (the old ones were rotten), got started on them around 4:00, and finished up at 11:00 or so with a few breaks in between, and right as the sun was going down, we popped off a few rounds with my buddy's AR. I managed 2 good 1" 5 round groups at 65 yards. Had a cigar, and a good venison burger for supper, finally turned in around 1:30.

Sunday morning we slept in. Got the new faucet installed on the sink, supply lines and drains hooked up, then caulked everything. Cleaned up and hit the road. Ran a side job, went and visited with my Dad, and got home to spend the rest of the evening with the girls. Twerpy and I watched Kung Fu Panda while the Mrs studied for a certification test.

Last edited:
Back