Playing With ________ Girl Or Guy.

Diane

Reaction score
I played with "would of, should of, could of girl" today. On every single shot, she said - "I should have used my whatever" or "I knew I wouldn't reach it with that club". It took every bit of self restraint I have to not ask why she didn't use the other club. Then I realized - she was really "excuse girl". I also played with "cranky guy" who threw his clubs after his bad shots and boy did he have a lot of bad shots. Who did you play with today?

I played with three old business friends, just trying to beat the heat, and make it to the 19th. We did, and waitress flirted with us............for tips. :clapp:

I didn't play today. :( But tomorrow morning I'm going to try to get in a quick 9. I'll let you know who they pair me with.

I played today. It took 5:45 and I was not happy about it. I played the front in 40, but hit the traffic jam on 10, got mad, and went double, double, triple. My round was essentially over at that point. We were jammed up against the group in front and to make it worse, the marshal came by and told us to stay up with the group in front. I told him that if he would look, he would see that we were standing in the fairway and the group ahead was on the green. He then told me that we were an hour behind. My buddy grabbed my arm because he could see I was about to go ballastic on this marshal. To top it off, it was 106, humid after last night's ran, and not a breeze to be found.

Is this a trick question?

I played with a "golfer" today

I played with a "golfer" today

I went for a quick 9 this morning, one father/son in front of me. Teed of at 6:45, and halfway down the first fairway another single showed up on the tee and I waved him up to join me. He played 9 holes of par golf - seven pars, one birdie and one bogey, if I remember right. He was a really nice guy, easy to talk to about golf and other things, and I really enjoyed his company.

After our 9 was done, around 8:20ish, there were about 30 peo"ple on the first tee waiting to tee off, and the course was crowded. We both chose to go home.

i played with my dad, mom, and brother today. i have been playing with my dad ever since i could play which i started as a 3 year old but wasnt allowed on the course till i was 8. hes a 16 handicap. my brother is going to be a freshman on our high school team this year so we will have one season of playing together on the same team. hes like an 18 or so handicap. he doesnt actually have one right now but he shoots mid to high 80s on a good day. he took a year off of golf to go play baseball and hadnt touched a club until about 2 months ago. my mom is just there to have fun and be with the family. we will leave it there haha

I played with Advice Guy the other day. He started it off by telling me I could be a much better golfer. Duh - couldn't most of us. I asked him to please refrain from giving me advice. When he started again - I just smiled and walked away. He finally got the hint and went back to yelling at himself.

Did you tell him about that great shot you hit around the tree? You need to give him advice!!

I don't like playing golf with Advice Guy. At least he didn't step off all of your putts for you too.

I play with should of, could of and excuse guy everyday I play. :D

I tend to play with "I'm going to wear all the clothes and game all the same gear as Tiger but I still suck" guys quite a bit. For the record, I stink but don't suck :clapp:

This past year my playing partners have been playing with "I normally play better, but this rotator cuff injury has really affected my swing" guy :rolleyes:. He needs to find a new excuse next year though...

Did you tell him about that great shot you hit around the tree? You need to give him advice!!

That shot came after all of his offers to give me advice.

I played with "woman driver" golfer today. I try not to get involved in stereotypes, but this was a case where it was hard not to. She is a 60+ year old woman, a decent golfer, she also works at the course (1st tee host), but she needs serious lessons in golf cart etiquette. We played with one other guy who was walking, and she would start the cart when he was addressing the ball to move it 10 feet then stop again. She parked on the wrong side of the green about half the time, and she always sat in the cart and waited while I hit, even if her ball was only a few yards away. Then she'd drive up to her ball and start her process. To her credit, she's a decent player and a fast player once she gets out of the cart, but she never did any of the little efficiency things that I consider as a normal part of cart golf. A couple of times she drove up so close behind her ball that I had to then back the cart up so she could swing. She tended to park too close to the greens for my comfort, and we didn't have a handicap flag.

I've ridden with other players (usually male) whose driving I wasn't too fond of, but I never spent quite so much time gnashing my teeth as I did yesterday. :at-wits-end:

I played by myself today, we got along great, no excuses!!!

I played with my old friend today. I call him b*tch Seth. He comes out when I am very excited about hitting the course, but am overly tired or my body needs a day of rest. I am very adept at pushing my body, but I have found that finesse sports where I have to have good command of my body are hard for me when my muscles are sore. I can push through, but the resulting score is atrocious and it pisses off Perfectionist Seth. b*tch Seth is very good friends with Irish Temper Seth because they always seem to go everywhere together.

Today I went out as a single walk on. I was paired up with Mr. & Mrs, newly wed, honeymooning tourist from Vermont. I answered all the required questions that tourist ask about the area as we played. All three of us walked. As it turned out the young lady is a golfer shooting a 80 for the 18. ( yeah, she beat me by a few strokes) As for the young gentlemen, he might be a decent golfer. I am just not sure because I think his mind set is still on the "honeymoon" part of their Las Vegas adventure. It was apparent on a couple occasions they needed a room more than the golf course. :clapp:

How about the guy(s) that start making excuses before they hit their first shot on number one, e.g., I haven't played in months, my back is acting up, I didn't have a chance to warm up, etc.

The guy who hits his tee shot in the woods or a hazard and looks for it 50 yards from where it went in?

The guy who makes sure he is never in a place to have to bend over and putt the flag back in the hole.

You notice I said "guy" because I've never played with women who do any of those things.

I played with Advice Guy the other day. He started it off by telling me I could be a much better golfer. Duh - couldn't most of us. I asked him to please refrain from giving me advice. When he started again - I just smiled and walked away. He finally got the hint and went back to yelling at himself.

The truth is that if he was good enough to give you decent advice you would recognize it immediately.

How about the guy(s) that start making excuses before they hit their first shot on number one, e.g., I haven't played in months, my back is acting up, I didn't have a chance to warm up, etc.

The guy who hits his tee shot in the woods or a hazard and looks for it 50 yards from where it went in?

The guy who makes sure he is never in a place to have to bend over and putt the flag back in the hole.

You notice I said "guy" because I've never played with women who do any of those things.

Trust me - a lot of women won't bend over either.

Trust me - a lot of women won't bend over either.
I've played golf with a lot of women and I find their golf etiquette to be superior to that of men overall. Maybe I'm playing golf with the wrong women? :)

The truth is that if he was good enough to give you decent advice you would recognize it immediately.

Anyone who I have played with who was good enough to give advice never offered any unless I asked.

I've played golf with a lot of women and I find their golf etiquette to be superior to that of men overall. Maybe I'm playing golf with the wrong women? :)

Nah - I'd say you are playing with the right women.

Back