The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I remember flying up to Indy for a wedding two years ago. Was 110 round trip. Who touched the rates button? :(

It's still not bad if you can get one of the wanna get away rates, but it isn't like it used to be.

I'm seriously craving some brisket right now

It's still not bad if you can get one of the wanna get away rates, but it isn't like it used to be.

I don't bother looking at the other rates. I'll make the cheapest time work lol. 226 on AirTran, their sister company, 287 on SW. Oh well, what can you do?

Man I wish flying was cheaper.

Makes me wonder if those frequent flyer credit cards are worth it. Ugh.

Friggin tell me about it. I hate air travel.

Don't look at rates on the weekend. Tuesdays are the best day of the week to search for airfares, they tend to be lower on that day for some reason. My wife travels a ton for work, this is what she does.

I may have found tickets to the broncos game next week!! Will know for sure in the morning! That would be SWEET!

Don't look at rates on the weekend. Tuesdays are the best day of the week to search for airfares, they tend to be lower on that day for some reason. My wife travels a ton for work, this is what she does.

Yep, it's what I usually do. Hopefully I can get a little lower than what I'm seeing now for what I'm needing.

Sucks though.

I noticed that, it's weird. Somehow I got really lucky on the flight I have in March, it was cheaper to fly Fri-Sun. Go figure!

Yep, it's what I usually do. Hopefully I can get a little lower than what I'm seeing now for what I'm needing.

Sucks though.

Use google.com/flights. It searches em all (minus SW, but they suck anyway) and compares them for you. Beats Kayak etc where a bajillion windows open.

Use google.com/flights. It searches em all (minus SW, but they suck anyway) and compares them for you. Beats Kayak etc where a bajillion windows open.

Nice, that is clutch! Thanks for posting that brotha. I hate KAYAK for the bazillion windows.

Rep'd!

Don't forget to add in baggage fees on your flights. You still get two free bags on Southwest.

Don't forget to add in baggage fees on your flights. You still get two free bags on Southwest.

True, but when its 350.00 more total for my wife and I it doesn't help me Smalls!

Plus, other than clubs, Wife and I strictly do overheads now. I'm a packing machine hahaha

True, but when its 350.00 more total for my wife and I it doesn't help me Smalls!

Plus, other than clubs, Wife and I strictly do overheads now. I'm a packing machine hahaha

Just did a test flight from KC to Oakland in February, and it was $7 cheaper on Southwest. Plus our luggage fees. We both do one bag.

I do remember it used to be $100 cheaper on Southwest (or more).

Do you have "Ding" loaded onto your computer?

Just did a test flight from KC to Oakland in February, and it was $7 cheaper on Southwest. Plus our luggage fees. We both do one bag.

I do remember it used to be $100 cheaper on Southwest (or more).

Do you have "Ding" loaded onto your computer?

SW used to be so nice. Ugh.

Yep, I do. Has really saved me some money a couple of times. No matter what though, airline costs just flat out suck.

Goodnight to all from beautiful HI!
asevasav.jpg

SW used to be so nice. Ugh.

Yep, I do. Has really saved me some money a couple of times. No matter what though, airline costs just flat out suck.
Ding saved my wife and I tons of money back in 2005-2006 when we were flying from Kansas City to Oakland and vice-versa when we were doing a long distance thing. We would have flights booked several trips in advance! (One of us flew out every other week for about a year!)

The free bags help, but if you get by using your carry on as your suit case it doesn't help at all.

I'd rather them give me one free checked bag and have cheaper rates again :(

The free bags help, but if you get by using your carry on as your suit case it doesn't help at all.

I'd rather them give me one free checked bag and have cheaper rates again :(
That's good for people who use the right sized carry on. Last time I flew, I saw a LOT of people using bags that were too big and hogging up the overhead spots.

I actually had to tell one dumba-- that there was no way that is going to fit. And of course, it did not.

That's good for people who use the right sized carry on. Last time I flew, I saw a LOT of people using bags that were too big and hogging up the overhead spots.

I actually had to tell one dumba-- that there was no way that is going to fit. And of course, it did not.

That happens on ALOT of flights... you would be amazed ( or maybe not) at some of the bags people bring on board. Totally ridiculous!!!!

I've seen that and those people should be kicked in the head. I make sure mine fit under my seat (snugly of course but it fits) at worst case scenario. Then again it's just a duffel bag. It's made to squish haha

good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back