Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fail-pregnancy.jpg

Harry, that is fantastic, worrying about the effects of the jackhammers...right!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

D.C. is the same way. I got really good at "excuse me!" at the top of my lungs while plowing through with both elbows pointed out.

Best I have come up with is service alpha's or dress blues.......

OR my personal favorite jeans/boots/cowboy hat with legal sized EDC* knife visible on belt/in front pocket(but on the knife part only if it IS in fact legal otherwise skip that)..........seems like ppl just move out of the way though to be fair I only tried this in Tokyo, London, LA, Edinborough and DC/Quantico area; NY metro area has been on the list for some time but not yet!

*EDC = Every Day Carry

I ordered a salad for lunch with the dressing on it - not on the side. I got a salad with no dressing. :banghead:

I ordered a salad for lunch with the dressing on it - not on the side. I got a salad with no dressing. :banghead:

Can definitely feel your pain, Diane. We ordered the Blondie for Two to go last night at Ruby Tuesdays. Got our box and headed home. One of us should have checked the box. Ended up with a blonde brownie for one and some caramel sauce. No 2nd brownie, no ice cream. :angry:

Ford motor company has no reason to worry about the economy....lol. I get done golfing this morning, and when I get my car I notice a small pool of coolant under the motor. I open the hood, and sure enough there's a leak. So I drive straight to the local Ford dealer where I purchased this vehicle, and leave it there to be checked out. I get a call from the service writer telling me it is the gasket at the thermostat connection that is bad, and that I should also change the T-stat. Two bolts, presto change O and I will be good to go. How much? $500. :banghead: Parts under $100, labor $375+. Reason; Lots of other stuff has to be taken off to get to the 2 bolts, new parts put on, and of course all the other stuff put back on.....4 hours :confused2:

Provisional - My car is 10 years old so I stopped going to the dealer for that very reason (sorry Osahar). I found a very nice mechanic who only works on German cars - primarily Mercedes and BMW - he takes very good care of my car, charges reasonable prices and keeps telling me that my car will last for many more years.

And you made them fix it, right? I always order dressing on the side and have sent back dressed salads.

I also have a guy that works on my vehicles, but in this instance he was not available, and I needed this truck to help my daughter's family move into their new home. I know exactly what you are saying, and it is great advice.

Provisional - My car is 10 years old so I stopped going to the dealer for that very reason (sorry Osahar). I found a very nice mechanic who only works on German cars - primarily Mercedes and BMW - he takes very good care of my car, charges reasonable prices and keeps telling me that my car will last for many more years.

And you made them fix it, right? I always order dressing on the side and have sent back dressed salads.

I'm always concerned that if I do that I may end up with the "special sauce".

It was delivered so I would have had to drive there myself. It wasn't worth it.

Ford motor company has no reason to worry about the economy....lol. I get done golfing this morning, and when I get my car I notice a small pool of coolant under the motor. I open the hood, and sure enough there's a leak. So I drive straight to the local Ford dealer where I purchased this vehicle, and leave it there to be checked out. I get a call from the service writer telling me it is the gasket at the thermostat connection that is bad, and that I should also change the T-stat. Two bolts, presto change O and I will be good to go. How much? $500. :banghead: Parts under $100, labor $375+. Reason; Lots of other stuff has to be taken off to get to the 2 bolts, new parts put on, and of course all the other stuff put back on.....4 hours :confused2:

See, it's stories like this that I hate to hear. The fact that the vehicle needed a repair I'm fine with - mechanical things break/wear out, it's a fact of life. But the labor rate that dealership is charging is ridiculous. There's no reason they should be charging almost $100/hr. Things like that are what gives dealer service departments a bad name.

And for us, we only sell them the part. The dealership is the one making all the money when it comes to servicing vehicles. :banghead:

With advance apologies for my language, I want to break something. The ****ing printer in my ****ing office keeps ****ing jamming. It's 8 o'clock at ****ing night and I want nothing more than to go ****ing home. However, before I can do that I have a bunch of stuff to print out and I can't because the stupid ****ing bar steward printer is a useless pile of steaming horse ****. I honestly think it would be more helpful to write what I'm trying to print out using a pile of horse ****. Less irritating and my hands would be cleaner afterwards. ****
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

NB - that was the clean version. I have inserted below the rude version. Unfortunately the swear filter rendered it somewhat incomprehensible:

**** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing printer. ****

I hate flying home in the middle of my vacation.

See, it's stories like this that I hate to hear. The fact that the vehicle needed a repair I'm fine with - mechanical things break/wear out, it's a fact of life. But the labor rate that dealership is charging is ridiculous. There's no reason they should be charging almost $100/hr. Things like that are what gives dealer service departments a bad name.

And for us, we only sell them the part. The dealership is the one making all the money when it comes to servicing vehicles. :banghead:

I agree the rates are out of hand. But if you look at it from their point of view it's the supply and demand. They have the skills and tools to do most things quickly. Most people don't have the skills to do the work so you have to pay their "fees" to get it done. Once it gets to the point that no one wants to pay those fees then they will start coming down. But there are enough people out there that will only use a Ford/GM/Chrystler dealer to do the work that those dealerships will always have business. I worked for a dealer once upon a time. I thought the service prices were way out of hand.

With advance apologies for my language, I want to break something. The ****ing printer in my ****ing office keeps ****ing jamming. It's 8 o'clock at ****ing night and I want nothing more than to go ****ing home. However, before I can do that I have a bunch of stuff to print out and I can't because the stupid ****ing bar steward printer is a useless pile of steaming horse ****. I honestly think it would be more helpful to write what I'm trying to print out using a pile of horse ****. Less irritating and my hands would be cleaner afterwards. ****
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

NB - that was the clean version. I have inserted below the rude version. Unfortunately the swear filter rendered it somewhat incomprehensible:

**** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** ****ing **** **** ****ing printer. ****

total Office Space moment!!!

total Office Space moment!!!

I was actually thinking of the scene in arrested development where Buster is talking about his mother to Michael and GOB. The thought of Office Space occurred to me later.

That is why I like to call them "Stealership"....

And the first word of your post is the reason you are having problems....lol it's a FORD...

The selling of mulligans at Charity Tournaments!

Yes, I KNOW it's a charity. Instead of selling a maximum of 2 mulligans per person at $5/mulligan, just raise the entry fee by $10 per person.

You'll get the maximum amount of cash and won't be promoting MORE cheating than already goes on in these #$!$#!$#$ tournaments.

Stupid heatwave.

I just got dumped on, again here at work...

We've got a proposal that's going to come in between 5 and 6 million, I'm carrying the majority of that load, and since they have so much 'faith' in me, I'm not getting any help.

The kicker: I asked for Friday off, so I can take the girls to San Antonio for the weekend.

I probably won't go home until Thursday night.

To top it off, the woman in the office next to me, who's doing a much smaller part of the project, calls and asks me to do the branch takeoff on the one !@#$%^&ing building on her set, so it's "consistent".

This is why alcohol abuse is rampant in my industry.

Stupid freaking heatwave. :angry:

It's supposed to hit 101* here today.

And before all the Texans (remember, I am one) start with the "ahh, that's nuthin'!", remember that most of the houses here don't have A/C.

I am NOT looking forward to trying to get to sleep tonight.

While I was at this Ford dealership, a poor soul was picking his Expedition up that had not been repaired. He could not afford $1499.00 price tag to replace the fuel pump on his SUV. He did have to pay the $100 diagnostic fee to get his car back. My bill came to $512 which included state sales tax. :beat-up:

I agree the rates are out of hand. But if you look at it from their point of view it's the supply and demand. They have the skills and tools to do most things quickly. Most people don't have the skills to do the work so you have to pay their "fees" to get it done. Once it gets to the point that no one wants to pay those fees then they will start coming down. But there are enough people out there that will only use a Ford/GM/Chrystler dealer to do the work that those dealerships will always have business. I worked for a dealer once upon a time. I thought the service prices were way out of hand.

This is actually a rant from the other day but...I was at Golfsmith and was looking at their wedges and they didn't have any Nickent ARC wedges. :sad: Not that I was going to buy one but they didn't have any to look at. So I just left. Not really. My wife came and told me it was time to go home. :sad:

My wife just returned from taking our American Bull Dog pup "Mik" to the vet for his 8 month check up. 95 lbs and in perfect health..........$210. :banghead: Not really a rant, because he is more than worth it, but the doc only spent 15 minutes checking him out. I suppose I better look into pet health insurance...lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back