TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

teed thanks for the thoughts. Its between the kbs 90 and the stock rocketfuel. Ill have to go find a place I cant hit em both. How are those stock grips holding up guys? And how are the clubs looking after all this use?

No problem. The stock grips are fine, I might want to replace them mid-season as I have left htem in my car a few nights that got REALLY cold (15-20*) so I will have to see how they hold up long term affter that, but so far they are still soft and tacky. I would also say that the heads are still in great shape with just some micro-fine scratches on the sole from hitting out of sand, etc, but still look nearly new.

After some more reading, I've thought about something else with these irons...they are slightly longer and a couple of degrees stronger from my 7i to 4i. If I got the local club maker to bend the lofts of my clubs so it was somewhere near to the rocketbladez then it could save me some cash?? (Just trying to figure a way of not spending cash for new clubs because if I really like these, ill buy them there and then!)

Might not do what you are thinking... I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as others on here, but research more on the launch angle vs loft debates before you spend the money on adjusting your current sticks.

After some more reading, I've thought about something else with these irons...they are slightly longer and a couple of degrees stronger from my 7i to 4i. If I got the local club maker to bend the lofts of my clubs so it was somewhere near to the rocketbladez then it could save me some cash?? (Just trying to figure a way of not spending cash for new clubs because if I really like these, ill buy them there and then!)

My personal opinion, which is pretty hard to quantifiably prove through this testing, is that RocketBladez' performance isn't about any one factor - shaft length, the slot, lofts, etc. - it is the cumulative result of all those choices put together. So I tend to doubt you can replicate the Bladez by strengthening your lofts. For example, maybe you can get some added distance but maybe it comes at the expense of lower trajectory???

Might not do what you are thinking... I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as others on here, but research more on the launch angle vs loft debates before you spend the money on adjusting your current sticks.

I'm merely thinking of ways that I can not spend anymore cash on some irons ;-) I wouldn't change the loft on my current clubs just to be close to the RBladez. I was just joking around. Hopefully ill hit these and they will be garbage and I won't like them...but reviews on here tell me that's a slim hope! ;-)

I'm merely thinking of ways that I can not spend anymore cash on some irons ;-) I wouldn't change the loft on my current clubs just to be close to the RBladez. I was just joking around. Hopefully ill hit these and they will be garbage and I won't like them...but reviews on here tell me that's a slim hope! ;-)
If you can wait a season TM will release its next product and these will drop in price (see RBallz).

It seems like several people in this thread are using KBS shafts rather than the RocketFuel shafts. For those of you who went the KBS route - are you using the Tour 90 shafts (upcharge via TaylorMade) or the KBS 90 shafts (no Taylormade upchage)? Also, what lead you in that direction rather than the RocketFuel shafts?

It seems like several people in this thread are using KBS shafts rather than the RocketFuel shafts. For those of you who went the KBS route - are you using the Tour 90 shafts (upcharge via TaylorMade) or the KBS 90 shafts (no Taylormade upchage)? Also, what lead you in that direction rather than the RocketFuel shafts?

What's the difference? Are those like the "made for" shafts?

As far as I know KBS only do one "90" shaft and that's the KBS Tour 90 shaft which is what I have in my RBladez.

Mine were a free upgrade, but now that I have them I would strongly recommend them to anyone who likes to get the ball up with the air and generate a direct piercing ball flight which cuts through the air with ease. The Tour 90 shaft works very well in these irons and personally I think if they had stuck them in as standard and marketed the clubs with the shafts their arguments would have been more convincing still.

There is a KBS 90. I believe it was the stock shaft in the R11's. There is info on it in the KBS thread.

Posted via tapatalk.

There is a KBS 90. I believe it was the stock shaft in the R11's. There is info on it in the KBS thread.

Posted via tapatalk.

Yep that's right Hawk - quick Google search confirmed that.

I can't comment on the KBS 90 shafts, but the KBS Tour 90 shaft is fantastic and works very well in the RBladez.

Has anyone else had an issue with the Taylormade decal on the back of the club detaching and flying off after a shot? Mine did today which was very annoying.

Has anyone else had an issue with the Taylormade decal on the back of the club detaching and flying off after a shot? Mine did today which was very annoying.

Nope never heard of the issue. Did you buy the clubs from somewhere that may have not been an authorized taylormade retailer? Chance they are counterfeit?

If they are the real deal, taylormade will no doubt replace the club at no cost to you;their customer service is top notch.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Yes hinchy as soon as these irons came out I hit the 4 iron at Dicks after about 5 shots one of the small plastic or metal plates next to the white strip on the back of the club flew off the club. They said they would call taylormade right away. Honestly never heard of any body else having this problem except me and you.

Yes hinchy as soon as these irons came out I hit the 4 iron at Dicks after about 5 shots one of the small plastic or metal plates next to the white strip on the back of the club flew off the club. They said they would call taylormade right away. Honestly never heard of any body else having this problem except me and you.

That's crazy! I've played a ton with mine and no issues. I don't recall any of the other reviewers having any defect issues

No badge problems here.

That sucks! No issues like that at all for me. I'd get in touch with TM customer service, they'll surely help you out.

Yea the guy at dicks wasn't happy about it at all. Not directed towards me but at taylormade. The bigger triangle plate next to the white strip literally flew right off. I'm sure it's just a random incident and I honestly forgot about it until I saw hinchy bring it up.

Yea the guy at dicks wasn't happy about it at all. Not directed towards me but at taylormade. The bigger triangle plate next to the white strip literally flew right off. I'm sure it's just a random incident and I honestly forgot about it until I saw hinchy bring it up.

What was behind the plastic? Clean medal or glue residue?

No such issue for me so far.

What was behind the plastic? Clean medal or glue residue?

Tbh it was at month ago at least but I wanna say it was metal behind the plastic piece and there was no glue residue from what a saw. The guy at dicks said he would just epoxy it on, but was still calling taylormade.

Long Live the Burner 2.0!!!!!!

As far as I know KBS only do one "90" shaft and that's the KBS Tour 90 shaft which is what I have in my RBladez.

Mine were a free upgrade, but now that I have them I would strongly recommend them to anyone who likes to get the ball up with the air and generate a direct piercing ball flight which cuts through the air with ease. The Tour 90 shaft works very well in these irons and personally I think if they had stuck them in as standard and marketed the clubs with the shafts their arguments would have been more convincing still.

Mav - just a question: where did you get your clubs that the Tour 90s were a free upgrade? Did you order them directly through TM?

They had that same trouble with the first run of R9 irons . but soon corrected the problem.
gb

Mine definitely aren't counterfeit. There was a bit of glue underneath when I put it back on. I checked it this morning and it is back in place, but I'll probably have to stick a bit more on just to make sure it stays.

Back