The Official Tennis Thread (Spoliers)

Sharapova looking really really tough right now. As well as Azarenka. Would love to see that final.

Also anyone see David Ferrer last night? That was an amazing comeback from 2 sets down.

I missed that one but saw highlights. Very awesome.

And Sloane Stephens upsets Serena. Pretty shocking. However, it was a different match after Serena hurt her back. Couldn't really use her power to her advantage and Sloane took advantage. She now will play Azarenka. And I think she'll get pancaked. But that's just me.

Well, we have our woman's final set:

Li Na looked absolutely brilliant against a very tough Sharapova. Wonderful match. She will face Victoria Azarenka (Very Attractive btw). She beat American phenom Sloane Stephens. She absolutely crushing he through 3/4ths of the match. However, she appreared to be hurt and after 5-3 in the 2nd set. Looked pretty off. I hope she gets healthy, because then we might have match. However, Li Na looked so good. I don't know how some could not pick her.

On the men's side:

Murray and Federer play tonight to see who will face Djok. Djok played really well against Ferrer, but not spectacular. This match tonight should be a good one. Both are playing well and both need to win for their respective reasons. Should be compelling.

Man, I love it when Tennis tourneys go to the last 4. So many story lines.

I feel like I'm talking to myself in here, but I will continue to update.

Men's Final is set and boy, what a semi we had. My boy Andy Murray beats Roger Federer in 5 sets. Murray had most of the match under control. The only time he started to slip was in the 2nd and 4th when Roger picked up his game. I think Andy has a great shot to be Djok, even though Djok looked amazing. Going to be a stunning final for sure.

I wanted to watch the match this morning but I couldn't wake up for it. Looks like Murray dominated even though they went to 5 sets. Too bad the final is on at 3 am or I'd watch it. Maybe if I come back late I'll just stay up and watch.

A great match between Murray and Federer, my wife was watching it when I woke up this morning, she said Federer was yelling at Murray, what about?

A great match between Murray and Federer, my wife was watching it when I woke up this morning, she said Federer was yelling at Murray, what about?

It was kinda confusing. I didn't understand it either. I think Federer was getting frustrated, so when he finally got something going, he started yelling after he won points at Murray to try and intimidate him. At least, that's about all I can come up with.

It was kinda confusing. I didn't understand it either. I think Federer was getting frustrated, so when he finally got something going, he started yelling after he won points at Murray to try and intimidate him. At least, that's about all I can come up with.
Sounds pretty silly!!!

Sounds pretty silly!!!

It was. I think Murray has finally arrived as one of the elites. I just hope Nadal can come back so they can be the Big 4.

I feel like I'm talking to myself in here, but I will continue to update.

Men's Final is set and boy, what a semi we had. My boy Andy Murray beats Roger Federer in 5 sets. Murray had most of the match under control. The only time he started to slip was in the 2nd and 4th when Roger picked up his game. I think Andy has a great shot to be Djok, even though Djok looked amazing. Going to be a stunning final for sure.
I feel like that in the soccer thread sometimes!

Federer just hasn't been the same the few years. Sucks that age 31 is mostly over the hill in tennis.

Well Azarenka won again. Now onto the men's final tonight!

Not going to lie. I did not like that Azarenka won. Li Na basically had this match in the bag in the 1st set. The 2nd set was all Vika until the ankle injury and Li came back a little bit. 3rd set was....well it was. I don't like Vika attitude. I see her getting alot of bad publicity in the near future if it doesn't change.

Tonight's final should be great though.

Final sucked, I did not want Azarenka to win. Her 'gamesmanship' in the semis was BS. Plus, I guess it was delayed on TV. ESPN ran the final score on their ticker during the middle of the last set.

Tap

Really? Wow. I did not notice that. Yeah, her gamesmanship will get her in trouble down the road.

I know the result but still watching the replay and it is pretty entertaining. 2 injuries and fireworks hahaha

Still can't get over the grunting ugh

Yeah. I wish Li didn't get injured. The fireworks were hilarious. Vika's grunting is annoying.

Yeah. I wish Li didn't get injured. The fireworks were hilarious. Vika's grunting is annoying.

Same - I was hoping for Li to win.

Tonight's final should be a doozy. Both excellent players.

My one gripe about tennis is how much they've slowed down the courts and balls so its all become baseline rallies.

I used to love watching a really good back court player who could return well v a good serve and volleyer.

Borg v McEnroe back on the day was some of the best tennis ever. Same McEnroe v Conners.

Ann memories :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm so excited for tonight' match. Hoping Murray can win and prove to everyone he has finally arrived. I'm going to record it tonight so I can actually sleep.

The Official Tennis Thread (Spoliers)

Djokovic took care of Murray in the Men's Final. This is the 3rd year in the last 4 (I think) Murray had lost in the Aussie Open Final. It just doesn't seem he's on the same level as some of the other guys are/have been.

Djokovic took care of Murray in the Men's Final. This is the 3rd year in the last 4 (I think) Murray had lost in the Aussie Open Final. It just doesn't seem he's on the same level as some of the other guys are/have been.

I think it was the 2nd one. Just in a row. I think it was a very even match, and maybe even Andy was better, until the end of the 3rd set. After he got broken, I think the match changed drastically. Andy IS on the same level of those guys. He showed that at the US Open and the Olympics. It was a great final for 2 sets....

I think it was the 2nd one. Just in a row. I think it was a very even match, and maybe even Andy was better, until the end of the 3rd set. After he got broken, I think the match changed drastically. Andy IS on the same level of those guys. He showed that at the US Open and the Olympics. It was a great final for 2 sets....

Agree. These two were playing at such a high level. Each set could have gone either way. Tiny margins. I think they are set to dominate foe a while now

French Open starts Monday. Early predictions?

Rafa looks strong, and it's his stomping ground. I'll take him

Gotta be Rafa. He owns clay.

Back