PING G25 Adjustable Driver - THP Preview

What is your SS? Let us know how it goes. Im trying to decide between anser and g25. If I go 25, not sure between tour stiff, and tour X...

SS was 107 the last time checked (October 2012). I hooked this driver some but not nearly as bad as the Anser. Hoping the X helps, this tour S felt like a regular S.

ADDED:
I didn't hit it much today, winds 25-30 temperature 34. If we get a warm day next week, will grab it and hit some more. I'm using my I 20 for the weekend. It is more solid than the TM R11S and the G 25. The high wind today gave me fits with those two today while I 20 felt lots better and hit better.

Last edited:
Just got to hit the G25 on the sim here at Goldsmith. It will be mine. To say that it sounds better than the Anser or i20 is an understatement.

Just got to hit the G25 on the sim here at Goldsmith. It will be mine. To say that it sounds better than the Anser or i20 is an understatement.

solid performer? I don't know why, but I don't have much interest in it and I'm formerly a ping guy

Seriously Colt, whenever new Ping stuff comes out, can always rely on you to try it and/or have it within a week. I love it.

solid performer? I don't know why, but I don't have much interest in it and I'm formerly a ping guy
It looks to launch a tad bit higher than my 10.5 Anser with the 9.5 G25 head but with around the same spin rates. Getting less left to right with the G25 and a ton more distance was found on off center hits. I had my Anser in the sim as well. I don't want to throw the obviously pumped up stats out there but we'll just say that between the two the G25 churned out at least 10 extra yards on mishits and was about the same as the Anser on center shots. The left to right dispersion was about 8 yards tighter on average with the G25 when I put em all together.

Seriously Colt, whenever new Ping stuff comes out, can always rely on you to try it and/or have it within a week. I love it.
When they quit putting out winners ill quit buying... :D

Ping g25 Driver.... full on ponder

Ping g25 Driver.... full on ponder

Well, went by the local pro shop yesterday and they had the new g25 demo's out. I'm currently gaming an RBZ with the stock stiff shaft, and while it's ok, it definitely leaves some to be desired for me. I've been pondering new drivers now for a month of so, and have decided to go ahead and test all of the new ones and find what ever fits me the best and go for it. So far I've hit the two new Callaway's(liked both of them alright, but nothing that just blew my mind) and yesterday got to hit the new Ping. I had him slip the Diamana shaft offering in stiff in it and we went out to the range to hit a few. Goodness gracious. From the first swing I was absolutely floored with the performance of this thing. It's at the very top of my list right now, but I'm still going to go down and visit another friends shop and hit the rest of what I haven't hit yet (new Cobra, TM, etc.) and make sure, but as of right now I'm flat out impressed with the Ping.

Hit the G25 today in my specs. A fitter from PING in Scottsdale was actually at the PGA store today and set me up. I was absolutely amazed at this driver. I told him it was going to take a lot to pull my Cleveland Classic and PING Rapture V2 drivers out of my bags. Well this one I think will do it. Loved the swing I was putting ont his club. The matte black was great. I was getting some great responsivness from this driver. If I one criticism it would be the sound. I was not a fan of it but with the fairways and distance I can get used to it.

I hit the rest of the line and was especially blown away by the hybrids, but thats another thread I need to find.

Does anyone know if you can replace the stock shaft with a .350 shaft?

I'm interested to hit this one soon. I saw it in the store and thought it looked like a blimp for some reason but didn't have time to test it out.

I'm interested to hit this one soon. I saw it in the store and thought it looked like a blimp for some reason but didn't have time to test it out.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised...

Thanks. I hit the Anser and G25 a few days ago. Both very forgiving. I was avg. 10 yards longer with the Anser. I was getting 18-19* launch angles with 9.5 set to 9 and an ahina 70x. Haha... Spinning about 500 more for me as well. Felt great, though. I was hitting indoors, and really couldnt tell a difference in sound.

Really? About the sound? I thought they were night and day.

You mean will the adapter fit on a. 350?

Yes. Sorry I worded that question the hardest way possible lol. Just wondering if i can put my B. Asha in it

Yes. Sorry I worded that question the hardest way possible lol. Just wondering if i can put my B. Asha in it

Should be able too, if you can take it off the old shaft clean.

Had a chance to demo this for a round today: 330...that is the drive I had with this thing on #7 at the Crossings today - no wind help, small elevation help - 520'ish par 5 hitting 5 iron into the green - let's just say this doesn't happen much to me - it was a good 20+ yards longer than any drive I've ever hit on that hole having played there for 5+ years since it opened. I had a really quick warm up - only hit about 6 with the driver and they were not pretty. But the round was another story. There were a couple I push-faded a little right (ala my G20) but I hit some fantastic drives.

After the round I ordered a 10.5*and decided to get the Tour and non-Tour shafts - I demo'd the non Tour and found it a tad high so I'll play around with both. The 189D shaft definitely felt very Aldila RIP like. Nice high launch angle for me (I tend to be low) and spin seemed to stay down vs my G20 - at least I thought it was a much more "boring" flight.

One round is certainly not enough to normally make a purchase decision, but I am currently driver-less and saw no reason to wait. The fact that I'd played only once in two months and generally sucked today (almost 7 strokes over my average at this course) but pummeling that driver with a meager warm-up is good enough for me. I've admittedly become a Ping homer in the past year, but have high expectations for this driver and look forward to testing some of the other new ones against it as the spring demo days begin around here.

P.S. hit the G25 3 wood off a couple tees - early assessment: stupid long and straight, but need more testing. Hybrid is much more eye friendly than the G20- and higher launching, lower dispersion vs my Anser based on a few quick side by side shots.

Last edited:
Had a chance to demo this for a round today: 330...that is the drive I had with this thing on #7 at the Crossings today - no wind help, no elevation help - 520'ish par 5 hitting 5 iron into the green - let's just say this doesn't happen much to me. I had a really quick warm up - only hit about 6 with the driver and they were not pretty. But the round was another story. There were a couple I push-faded a little right (ala my G20) but I hit some fantastic drives.

After the round I ordered a 10.5*and decided to get the Tour and non-Tour shafts - I demo'd the non Tour and found it a tad high so I'll play around with both. The 189D shaft definitely felt very Aldila RIP like. Nice high launch angle for me (I tend to be low) and spin seemed to stay down vs my G20 - at least I thought it was a much more "boring" flight.

One round is certainly not enough to normally make a purchase decision, but I am currently driver-less and saw no reason to wait. The fact that I'd played only once in two months and generally sucked today (almost 7 strokes over my average at this course) but pummeled that driver with a meager warm-up is good enough for me. I've admittedly become a Ping homer in the past year, but have high expectations for this driver and look forward to testing some of the other new ones against it as the spring demo days begin around here.

P.S. hit the G25 3 wood off a couple tees - early assessment: stupid long and straight, but need more testing. Hybrid is much more eye friendly than the G20- and higher launching, lower dispersion vs my Anser based on a few quick side by side shots.

Hi JK - first of all, the Crossings is a tough track, I had a terrible round there last year - not sure if I want to go back. I'm really interested in the G25 driver. I know I'll get the fairway woods and hybrids, but I'm torn between a Titleist 913 D2 and the G25 Driver. Without hitting the G25 yet, I'm assuming that the G25 is going to be a little longer than the Titleist 913 (the shaft on the Ping stick is longer), but my misses will probably be magnified with the Ping. I've gotten used to the incredible control of the 910D2. I'm IN LOVE with the dark matte finish of the Ping sticks, I think they have a huge hit on their hands and is a great counter to all the TM whiteheads out there...

Best - FB

Hey Frank B, I understand the sentiment on the Crossings - very polarizing course - some like it, a lot hate it. I mainly like the locals rate which makes for a decent value around here.

You are right on the G25 shaft length. I almost ordered it cut down but was never happy after cutting an inch off my G20. Maybe 1/4 or 1/2" off makes sense, but honestly the 3W's these days I figured I'd just leave it as is and use the 3W on shorter/tighter holes (or even the 3h which I'm hitting a good 220y). Glad to hear the 913 is working for you - really loved my 910 but haven't hit the 913 outdoors yet (just indoors in a bay which never does well for me).

Hi JK - first of all, the Crossings is a tough track, I had a terrible round there last year - not sure if I want to go back. I'm really interested in the G25 driver. I know I'll get the fairway woods and hybrids, but I'm torn between a Titleist 913 D2 and the G25 Driver. Without hitting the G25 yet, I'm assuming that the G25 is going to be a little longer than the Titleist 913 (the shaft on the Ping stick is longer), but my misses will probably be magnified with the Ping. I've gotten used to the incredible control of the 910D2. I'm IN LOVE with the dark matte finish of the Ping sticks, I think they have a huge hit on their hands and is a great counter to all the TM whiteheads out there...

Best - FB

Just waiting on the necessary funds, and I'll have one ordered too. Need to go back and hit the 9.5 and the 10.5 to make sure I still feel the same way. Think I'm going to go with the Diamana shaft in Stiff, but gonna go hit em all again one more time to make sure. Any negatives I should know about with the Diamana before I go that route?

Interesting conversation between JK and FB since tomorrow I am doing a driver fitting with the Titleist 913D2 and Ping G25. The new TM drivers are already eliminated, felt like crap not to mention UGLY. The Callaway razr extreme is very good but I have narrowed to the Ping and Titleist. I have hit both and played rounds with both but only one shaft in each. And both are pretty dang good, with the Ping being longer and the Titleist easier to control. I will get numbers from both using several different shafts tomorrow.

Awesome - look forward to your comparison, Lefty. I wonder how much of your observations below (distance vs dispersion) is based on the 3/4" shaft length difference. Think I'm going to order an extra G25 shaft cut down 1/2" for some testing...

Witht he others, maybe I hold a grudge too long, but I abandoned the TM drivers a few years ago - I actually like the white head but really haven't liked the stock shafts since the Rombax on my R7 460. Some day I'd like to spend more time dialing an an after market shaft that fits me. I've also tried several Callaway drivers and just never hit them very well for whatever reason.

Interesting conversation between JK and FB since tomorrow I am doing a driver fitting with the Titleist 913D2 and Ping G25. The new TM drivers are already eliminated, felt like crap not to mention UGLY. The Callaway razr extreme is very good but I have narrowed to the Ping and Titleist. I have hit both and played rounds with both but only one shaft in each. And both are pretty dang good, with the Ping being longer and the Titleist easier to control. I will get numbers from both using several different shafts tomorrow.

It turned out my impression of length didn't bear out under the testing. The Titleist was about 8 yards longer on average using pretty much the same shafts in each club. I probably hit five shafts in each driver. The combo he gave me to try for a day or two is the Titleist with an 8 gm weight, a 70g RIP phenom shaft, and S flex. I wasn't getting enough spin from the Mitsubishi shafts or the graphite design shaft.

Saw these being un-boxed today at our local golf store and I was able to help take off the tags, etc. I like the looks of this. It wasn't as big as I was expecting either. Good looking club.

Lefty, any details on the G25 vs 913 fitting?

Lee hitting this at Pebble this week? Looks like it on TV, but can't tell.

Saw it in person, not a huge fan of the tapered shape in the rear. I'm still in love with my Anser, so it makes it a little easier to nit pick why I dont like it :)

Back