shaft question..i think...

Tummy

Reaction score
Handicap
im having a issue with my driver and 3wood ballooning ..my driver is the nike vrs with a stock fubuki 51 gram stiff shaft..and my 3 wood is a razr fit with a stock stiff shaft..the 3wood balloons alot more ..would switching to a different shaft help....and what shafts would you guys switch to?? thanks guys

What is your definition of "ballooning?" Have you been fit or have you hit on a launch monitor.

You would need to hit on a launch monitor to see your spin rates and launch angle. A fitting is the best solution.

i'll have to do that i've never been on a launch monitor

wheres the best place to find a launch monitor ?

Most big box retailers will have one.

wheres the best place to find a launch monitor ?

Anywhere that does fittings.

I don't know much about the stock Nike Fubuki but the real one launches pretty high.

THPing on Tapatalk

you might just be teeing them up too high &/or putting too much weight on your back foot when you make contact.

3 wood is off the deck also

alright well.. your driver is 8.5* & 3 wood is probably 15? of course your 3 wood will balloon more with the higher loft, I'll bet it's that your putting too much weight on your back foot when making contact then. a lot of people sway when they make their back swing and that makes it a lot harder to shift their weight properly on the downswing

alright well.. your driver is 8.5* & 3 wood is probably 15? of course your 3 wood will balloon more with the higher loft, I'll bet it's that your putting too much weight on your back foot when making contact then. a lot of people sway when they make their back swing and that makes it a lot harder to shift their weight properly on the downswing
i will give it a shot on the range tomorrow ....ty

Could also be too much of a descending blow instead of an flat approach or an upward attack angle (with driver). How are your divots with your FW off the deck?

Could also be too much of a descending blow instead of an flat approach or an upward attack angle (with driver). How are your divots with your FW off the deck?
nothing crazy..really not to much of a divot more a rub mark lol

I can't speak to your three wood but that shaft in your VRS might be causing you some grief. I owned the VRS for a while and it's great stick, minus the shaft that is. (For me anyway) I consistently hit it way to high with that shaft. As in 21-22 degrees high. I pulled the shaft and put in a PX 6.0 and it brought it down. I was then hitting it nicely; around 12-13 degrees. It's a very nice head. It's a shame they screwed it up by putting that shaft in it. This of course, is just MHO, so take it for what it's worth.

Good luck man.

Back