Athletes you love & the ones you Love to Hate

I dislike Tom Brady, but more than that I hate Bill Belichick and those stupid short sleeve sweatshirts.

Of course you have to put that thought in my head the day I wear my Brady jersey :alien:

Belichick is amazing. I'll totally go his style when I'm 60.

Yeah, once you take a life all that goes out the window. Heck Lance Armstrong didnt even take a life and all of that about him is gone too
I guess with all the hoopla about him being a community leader & great for the game everybody forgets about that.

Favorite athletes:

Jackie Robinson (old school), Magic Johnson, Roger Federer, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy, Adrian Peterson, Cris Carter, Chris Kluwe. (leaving out many others that could have been on my list)

Dislikes...not really hates, but dislikes:

Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Randy Moss, Dante Culpepper, Alex Rodriguez, Sydney Crosby, Ian Poulter, Rory Sabbatini, Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, The Yankees, The Red Sox.

Anyone who plays for the Florida Gators

Favorites -

Always been a huge fan of Roberto Clemente. From what I have read, he was an outstanding man and a Hell of a ball player. Wish I could have seen him play. Also, Stan Musial for obvious reasons. Bob Gibson. Lou Brock. Ozzie Smith. Jim Edmonds. Ken Griffey Jr. Adam Scott. Ray Allen. Tedy Bruschi. Keith Thachuk.

Can't say that I hate any players, but these are guys that have always got on my nerves or loved to root against.

Peyton Manning (stems more from Colts/Patriots rivalry and respect/dislike relationship), Eli Manning, Anyone on the San Diego Chargers in the late 2000's, Sean Avery, Rory Sabbitini, Kobe Bryant.

Put up your dukes.

poseexample.jpg

Funny part is I'm not even a Pats fan or even a football fan. Just in this area most of the games are Patriots and I enjoy a high scoring game, considering I'm not an American football fan

Funny part is I'm not even a Pats fan or even a football fan. Just in this area most of the games are Patriots and I enjoy a high scoring game, considering I'm not an American football fan

I don't care about the Patriots part. Just that you hate Aaron Rodgers.

One of my favorite athletes of all times is Cal Ripken Jr. I used to go to the Oriel's spring training games with my dad when I was a kid, and he was always such a nice guy and always signed for autographs.

I need to put Kuch and Matin Broduer on the hate list.
Joe Sakic
Hakan Loob
Tiger
Willie O'Ree
Patrice Bergeron
Arian Foster
Hunter Mahan
Grant Fuhr
Man I could go on and on.

So hate is a strong word! That being said, when I made the thread I didn't really think about the word that much. I don't HATE anybody, I do harbor strong feelings of dislike towards certain individuals. Not enough to effect my everyday living but enough to remind me of it when I see them.

I have to add A-Rod to the list as well as European tour player JB Kruger, Jerry Rice(strictly for him thinking he can play professional golf), Marty Broduer and Yadier Molina

One of my favorite athletes of all times is Cal Ripken Jr. I used to go to the Oriel's spring training games with my dad when I was a kid, and he was always such a nice guy and always signed for autographs.

I don't know how a person couldn't like Cal. Dude was the definition of professional.

True story. I was going through some of my baseball memorabilia the other day. I have a VHS tape of his record breaking Iron Man game, that I recorded that night.

I can't see anyone putting Cal on the naughty list. Seems like such a nice guy!

Favorites: Phil, any team playing the U. of Arizona, Larry Fitzgerald.

Dislikes: A-Roid..er Rod, Mark May, Rory Sabbatini (although I agree with his anti-slow play stance).

I don't know how a person couldn't like Cal. Dude was the definition of professional.

True story. I was going through some of my baseball memorabilia the other day. I have a VHS tape of his record breaking Iron Man game, that I recorded that night.

Haha, that's so funny. You will have to get that converted to DVD.

I can't see anyone putting Cal on the naughty list. Seems like such a nice guy!

From my experience when I was a child, he was the nicest athlete I had met. My dad was a memorabilia junkie so I would go with him to as many sporting events as possible. I think he quickly learned that most athletes would stop and sign for an innocent little girl, rather than a grown man. I remember my dad picking me up and putting me on the dugout at the spring training games and then the players picking me up from there and letting me come into the dugout to see what it looked like and then they would always sign baseballs and caps for me. Those are memories I will carry with me forever.

Haha, that's so funny. You will have to get that converted to DVD.

From my experience when I was a child, he was the nicest athlete I had met. My dad was a memorabilia junkie so I would go with him to as many sporting events as possible. I think he quickly learned that most athletes would stop and sign for an innocent little girl, rather than a grown man. I remember my dad picking me up and putting me on the dugout at the spring training games and then the players picking me up from there and letting me come into the dugout to see what it looked like and then they would always sign baseballs and caps for me. Those are memories I will carry with me forever.

That's awesome! Your Pop is a smart man! Who turns down a little girl looking for an autograph?

I have a picture of Roberto Clemente making an incredible catch hanging in my office. One of the all time great players and people in baseball.

Favorites -

Always been a huge fan of Roberto Clemente. From what I have read, he was an outstanding man and a Hell of a ball player. Wish I could have seen him play. Also, Stan Musial for obvious reasons. Bob Gibson. Lou Brock. Ozzie Smith. Jim Edmonds. Ken Griffey Jr. Adam Scott. Ray Allen. Tedy Bruschi. Keith Thachuk.

Can't say that I hate any players, but these are guys that have always got on my nerves or loved to root against.

Peyton Manning (stems more from Colts/Patriots rivalry and respect/dislike relationship), Eli Manning, Anyone on the San Diego Chargers in the late 2000's, Sean Avery, Rory Sabbitini, Kobe Bryant.

I've never seen a second of Cal playing baseball and he's still my favorite all time player. I have his Topps and Donruss card from every year he played, looking for a good deal on a game worn jersey but they're too expensive :(

THPing on Tapatalk

I hate Ohio State, The White Sox, The Bears, and The Blackhawks, typical Michigander!

Individuals I cannot stand are:
Ian Poulter
Sergio Garcia
Tony Romo
AJ Pierzynski
Jay Cutler
Urban Meyer
Marian Hossa
Sydney Crosby

Wayne Rooney. His talent is unquestioned, but he's such a whiner.

Favorites: Phil, any team playing the U. of Arizona, Larry Fitzgerald.

I agree with all of these!

I'd have to add Tillman to the AZ-flavored list though.

I've softened my stances on individual players as I got older to general disdain - I reserve the hate for teams (my kids all know the phrase "Yankees Suck!" by age 2). But some players are really close to earning it:

A-Rod
Isiah Thomas
C.Ronaldo
John Lackey

Dennis Rodman....I actually studied him for YEARS as I was playing basketball. i became one of the best 6'2" re-bounders around because of it. But, the whole cross dressing thing just got weird.

Dennis Rodman....I actually studied him for YEARS as I was playing basketball. i became one of the best 6'2" re-bounders around because of it. But, the whole cross dressing thing just got weird.

His bro-fest with the North Korean dictator probably didn't do him any favors either.

Back