Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first eagle ever today. It was a 496 yard par five. I hit a great drive to leave an uphill 210 yards. Hit my mashie to about 6 yards short of the green. Last I chipped my 52* in the hole. It felt great to finally bag an eagle.

Had my first eagle ever today. It was a 496 yard par five. I hit a great drive to leave an uphill 210 yards. Hit my mashie to about 6 yards short of the green. Last I chipped my 52* in the hole. It felt great to finally bag an eagle.
Congrats! That has to feel really good.

my last iron shot of the day yesterday. 3rd shot on #18...a par 5 on my home course. approx 130 yards out, easy 8 iron, straight, high and dropped it abput 4 feet behind and to the right of the flag. It backed up and left me an 8 foot birdie putt which I missed but did tap-in for par. It was 1 of less than 5 iron shots I had all day yesterday that I can say I actually pulled off as planned.

I was out testing the E6 today with a friend and we were on Hole #6 on our home course short par 4 after a good tee shot I had 120 yards to the flag. I took my PW and dropped the ball less than a foot from the hole, bad part is it rolled out to 20 feet then 3 putted for a +1. But that was the best iron shot I have made in a LONG time.

Hole #2 last Sunday was a slight dog leg right. No trouble other than trees right and bunker short left of green. Hit a nice drive then stuck a 205 yard 5 iron to 3 feet for a kick in eagle. It was a beautiful high fade that landed soft and spun right towards the flag.:clapp:

115 PW to 10 feet, missed the birdie.

First attempt with the RBZ stg 2 3w today. 277 yards off the tee and dead nuts straight. Surprised the hell out of me.

160 into the wind, knockdown 5 iron to 5 feet. I left the birdie putt 4 feet short lol.

18ft put from edge of green fr a birdie 2 and to take the match or me and my partner ( hadn't and couldn't hit a ball all day)glad i managed to on tribute to our game

For me it was at the end of a blow up hole, a long par 4. My drive was hit thin but ended up in the fairway, albeit short. My approach with a 5 wood was hit a bit fat and just didnt make it over the water in front of the green. I dropped and hit my fourth into the lip of a front bunker. 5th was a miracle that It even got out of the bunker but went way over the green.

I was left with a 20 foot chip out of thick, mushy rough for double bogey and I drained it! Saved me from an ocho-stinko.

I played like complete crap yesterday. Nothing worked at all, catching everything fat, only able to save maybe three pars all day. I only had one really good shot, my drive on the par 5 ninth, now my longest drive ever. 305 yards.

Shot of my round on Saturday...

289 yard par 4. Bunkers in front of the green at about 230. Hitting the driver pretty well... had some wind at my back. Stepped up and absolutely MASHED the ball. It was flying DIRECTLY at the flag. Got up to the green and it had landed on the green and rolled to the back of the green right before the bunker behind the green. Literally right over the flag stick it landed.

Played my little 8 iron putting stroke and left it at about a foot. Kick in birdie! LOVED IT!

I play in a regular scramble group at a muni in Tampa (group has been together since the 60s). The tees were up on one of the par 5s. I hit a pretty good drive, putting us about 180 out, into the wind. I then pulled a 4 iron out and hit one of the prettiest golf shots of my life, a sky high soft draw, which landed about 4 feet from the pin and stuck. I went up and knocked it in, giving our scramble team our second "natural" eagle of the round (one of the other guys eagled number 9 all on his own ball). I struck the ball great all day just by moving the ball a tad back in my stance.

Made a birdie today on par 4 400 yards! Holed a 25 foot putt to make birdie :banana:

Hole 18, 356 yard par 4. 81 yards with the 58* to 7 feet. Made the birdie.

390 par 4, 240 yard driver carry required to clear water plus ob on the right otherwise you need to lay up and hit 190 to the green which I've never accomplished.

My driving has been a lot better lately after starting something new with my driver swing giving me both distance and a lot more control so I decided to go for it. Cleared the water by 10 yards which I couldn't have had a prayer of doing 4 weeks ago but put a bit too much draw on the ball and ended up in the rough. Cost me a GIR and I bogey'd the hole but now I have confidence knowing I can clear that water and next time through it'll be less stressful. Never par'd that hole from the white tees (fwd men's tees only require 170 to clear the water). I was thrilled. Unfortunately it was too cold for my bad joints to let me finish the round but I had some good shots for the front 9.

That's awesome man. One of these days I'll pull that off maybe.

chipped a ball into the hole on the fly from the sand on 1. was an awesome feeling and no matter how bad the rest of the holes were that shot carried me through the round with a smile on my face.

Short par 4 I smoked a drive over the dogleg and ended up 20 yards shy of the green with just a bunker between me and the hole. I drew an absolute garbage lie in the wet rough and ended up chunking it into the bunker. Out of the bunker I hit a low spinner that landed at the hole, bounced forward about 6 feet then sucked 6 feet back for the tap in...easily my best shot of the round.

Today I had probably the best single shot since the first time I picked up a golf club.
It was on a little exec course, 296 yd par 4, but with temp tee box it was playing 260ish... Over water, perfect 3 wood directly at the hole, and the ball stopped on the green about 10-12 feet from the hole. I did miss the eagle putt (1 foot short) but it was an amazing shot. Birdied it.

2nd shot on #6 on my home course. Short-ish par 4 with a real shallow multi-level green. Pin was set on a ridge close to the front edge on the lowest tier. I left my drive about 115 yards from the pin on the upslope of a fairway bunker. I was aiming about 10-15 feet right of the pin at a fat part of the green and the intent was to let it trickle down close to the hole. Well, I pulled it straight at the flag and thought I was going to end up short, in a greenside bunker but the ball landed about 2 feet behind the flag, checked up and rolled out about 4 more feet leaving me a sidehill breaking putt of about 6 feet. It was what I'd call "a good miss."

Pitching wedge from 101 into the wind to 5 feet. Made the birdie.

First hole of the year, first wedge of the year, I dropped a 50* from 120 to about 2 feet for the easy birdie. What a way to get the year going!

A phenomenal start indeed!

All the ones I hit on the range before the round started!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back