Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to get a 10/22 take down in stainless or a 10/22 synthetic/stainless but they're hard to find. One store in a neighbouring province had a 10/22 synthetic stainless on their website for exactly a day before it was sold!

We're going tomorrow to buy a Remington 870, the dealer suggested a 20 gauge for home defense, the 12 and 29 gauge are the same price, what do you all think

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

We're going tomorrow to buy a Remington 870, the dealer suggested a 20 gauge for home defense, the 12 and 29 gauge are the same price, what do you all think

12 gauge. Simply because the shells are cheaper and that's were all the research goes.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

12 gauge. Simply because the shells are cheaper and that's were all the research goes.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Thanks Joseph, that's what we'll get then, luckily there is a huge amount of shotgun ammo around here

Plus if you ever want to shoot trap or skeet or sporting clays you won't be at a disadvantage.

With the newer 870's recoil isn't to bad with their recoil pad, if it's to much a limbsaver can be added on. I have a newer 870, no issues with it yet and have put over a thousand shells through it.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

The 870 is a great all around shotgun, actually the first gun I ever owned and still shoot the thing occasionally. You can pick up a good 12 or 20 at most any pawn shop really cheap these days and just can't go wrong.

Hit the gun show yesterday, which turned out to be a whole different kind of show once the crowd got there, if you catch my drift. Good news is I was able to pick up a nice XDm .40 compact. Went out and put some rounds through it, and I really like this gun. Shoots great and fits very well in my hand.
how much?
im looking at the 45 or the 9mm
Ok this is the new ruger, it's the last one in town lol

9ypa4y5e.jpg

Finding .22LR is a chore right now

no ARs?

The 870 is a great all around shotgun, actually the first gun I ever owned and still shoot the thing occasionally. You can pick up a good 12 or 20 at most any pawn shop really cheap these days and just can't go wrong.

Yeah the 870 new is 349 at dicks, so we will probably buy it new

Bam, HK-416 D .22LR version

vezyhy5a.jpg

Russ, they had this H&K 416 .22LR but they wanted $750, for that price, I could buy a Remington 870, the ruger 10/22 and a bottle of scotch and still have 200 left over lol so I didn't get it

Last edited:
Yeah the 870 new is 349 at dicks, so we will probably buy it new

Enjoy it and the peace of mind knowing it's there if needed. The sound of a shell ejecting into the chamber is more than enough for most crooks to mess themselves.

Enjoy it and the peace of mind knowing it's there if needed. The sound of a shell ejecting into the chamber is more than enough for most crooks to mess themselves.

Hah yeah i felt some power when I checked the chamber, it's pretty scary hahaha

My next gun is going to be a kimber, and that's going with me over seas

I'm in full ponder mode right now after my brother's new Ruger 10/22

I want the tactical version

DSC09705.JPG

Last edited:
I'm in full ponder mode right now after my brother's new Ruger 22/10

I want the tactical version

DSC09705.JPG

That stock looks similar to a hs precision

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

That stock looks similar to a hs precision

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Yeah it's pretty interesting lol, but for 229 it's a good cheap plinker option haha

I have heard great things about the 870. FWIW, I owned the 1187 Police Tactical and it was a POS. Sold it and bought a Benelli Nova Tactical. Love the ability to rack a shell and make that glorious distinctive sound :)

I have heard great things about the 870. FWIW, I owned the 1187 Police Tactical and it was a POS. Sold it and bought a Benelli Nova Tactical. Love the ability to rack a shell and make that glorious distinctive sound :)

Awesome! We're getting it tomorrow night

I'm hoping to get a 10/22 take down in stainless or a 10/22 synthetic/stainless but they're hard to find. One store in a neighbouring province had a 10/22 synthetic stainless on their website for exactly a day before it was sold!

yeah they are pretty hard to find at the moment, the dealer said that this was the first one they've had in stock for about 2 months, people just buy them immediately. This one was up there for 15 minutes before we got it

Its crazy when you can't find 22s or 22 ammo.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Russ, they had this H&K 416 .22LR but they wanted $750, for that price, I could buy a Remington 870, the ruger 10/22 and a bottle of scotch and still have 200 left over lol so I didn't get it

$750 for a 22? holy yikes
yeah id leave that one alone too

New lower is in today... Time for the new project....

myzebu3y.jpg

That just some smooth Billet goodness right there, too bad larue has discontinued selling lowers for now, or at least i hope just for now.

see you going to foliage green, nice, i am a big OD fan.

Its crazy when you can't find 22s or 22 ammo.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Yeah it's insane, another local dealer has the only supply at the moment, but... He charges $65 for a block of 500, hells no, I'll be lining up on Friday morning for an hour to get some
.22LR, .223, and some .45 ACP, everything is out at the moment

$750 for a 22? holy yikes
yeah id leave that one alone too

Yeah because it's an H&K haha the USP .45 is about $1000-1500, the H&K guns are really reliable. And German haha

Yeah it's insane, another local dealer has the only supply at the moment, but... He charges $65 for a block of 500, hells no, I'll be lining up on Friday morning for an hour to get some
.22LR, .223, and some .45 ACP, everything is out at the moment

One of my local shops has jacked the price up on 22LR also. I still have about 500 at home so I'm just holding on to them and not taking any trips to the range for a while. My other shops keeps prices where they have always been but they sell out quickly for that reason.

That's the worse part, I've had some great days to go to the range but dang ammos so expensive, or you can't find it.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Some people say the supply is low because the gov't made a few huge orders and back logged the system lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back