Why Can't You Wait?

Diane

Reaction score
One of the guys I play with regularly told us that we should never stand against tee markers or signs because men often use them as urinals. I've played with guys who will walk over to a bush - just in case anyone is wondering - most women are disgusted by this behavior on the course - a little discretion would be nice - but to find out that standing on the tee isn't safe bothers me. We had an add-on guy with us who went standing right in front of us on the 4th hole - we didn't talk to him much after that. Do you ever consider that your ball might end up landing where the guy in front of you went? Does this not bother anyone at all?

That is crazy. First of all, that area usually gets sprayed with sprinklers atleast once a day, so the one time a year someone would actually do that would not last long. But I think with all the trouble you are encountering with men at this course you are playing, you may want to find a different course.

I've never seen anyone use those sorts of locations to relieve themselves, but maybe I play with a different class of public urinator. There's a line for socially acceptable peeing behavior, and I think what you describe falls below it. That said, I suppose the answer to your question "why not wait?" is simple -- because we don't have to (neither anatomically nor socially, I suppose). In fact, I would bet that, if it were as easy and sanitary for women to take care of that function in the great outdoors as it is for men, women would not wait either (especially since the women I play with are constantly complaining about having to go).

I've never seen anyone use those sorts of locations to relieve themselves, but maybe I play with a different class of public urinator. There's a line for socially acceptable peeing behavior, and I think what you describe falls below it. That said, I suppose the answer to your question "why not wait?" is simple -- because we don't have to (neither anatomically nor socially, I suppose). In fact, I would bet that, if it were as easy and sanitary for women to take care of that function in the great outdoors as it is for men, women would not wait either (especially since the women I play with are constantly complaining about having to go).

totally agree with you WSE. I suppose I could wait but the luxury of being a guy doesn't mean I have to. Worse case I'll wait for 'shelter' as opposed to Diane's Peeing Perpetrator.

Wow, that would make car trips with GG so much easier...hehe

I've never witnessed anyone doing what you described Diane. That's just too much!

Public muni that attracts a real blue collar crowd. I don't care if they go as long as it's not within my line of sight.

Public muni that attracts a real blue collar crowd. I don't care if they go as long as it's not within my line of sight.

You mean 'you might be a redneck if you use a tee box sign as a urinal?'

I've never encountered anyone marking their territory on signs or tee markers, I agree with JB, might be time to find a different course. Agree with WSE, it's a case of "we don't have to wait." When I'm golfing, I want a few distractions as possible and a mental pee-pee dance is a definite distraction. Just discretely head to the woods or bushes and "look for your ball." :)

Sucks you've got folks dropping trow infront of you, time to find a new "watering hole." HA! :)

One of the guys I play with regularly told us that we should never stand against tee markers or signs because men often use them as urinals. I've played with guys who will walk over to a bush - just in case anyone is wondering - most women are disgusted by this behavior on the course - a little discretion would be nice - but to find out that standing on the tee isn't safe bothers me. We had an add-on guy with us who went standing right in front of us on the 4th hole - we didn't talk to him much after that. Do you ever consider that your ball might end up landing where the guy in front of you went? Does this not bother anyone at all?

Never heard of anyone else do this.AS far as I know if we have to go,it's off in the bushes,if there is no restroom around. But, never on the tee box.

I also have never seen this done, bushes sure, never a tee box though. My home course has a nice restroom before the 8th & 14th tee box in addition to the clubhouse at 9/18 so I am usually covered.

You can safely add me to the list of people who've never relieved themselves against a sign or a tee marker. That's disgusting. If someone did that in front of me, I think comments about being housebroken might be made. In the bushes no problem, but try to do it vaguely out of sight. If I'm playing with ladies, then I tend to be more withholding than I might be otherwise. I would also make sure to be somewhere a ball is very unlikely to ever make it. Like in a bush behind a tee or something like that.

Having said that, if you're worrying about your ball landing where that's happened, it's best not to think of all the wild animals that have no doubt relieved themselves all over the place on the golf course.

Having said that, if you're worrying about your ball landing where that's happened, it's best not to think of all the wild animals that have no doubt relieved themselves all over the place on the golf course.

Trust me - I make it a point to never touch my face when playing golf and wash my hands at the turn and when I'm finished with 18.

ONE time, I walked VERY DEEP into the woods and went. Other than that, I save it for a real bathroom.

I have played some of the crappiest courses around and never seen this. Usually people go over to the bushes.

What about those folks who after pulling the tee out of the ground that has been fertilized, sticking that tee under their hat, or on the top their ear?

As for urinating, I have never seen anyone go in plain site of others in their group.

The ball's resting place does not bother me. Human piss, animal piss, fowl crap, or fertilizer, the ball won't be able find a clean place to land. :cool:

Most women I know only WISH they could duck into the bushes for QUICK relief. Request an equipment upgrade. :D

Last edited:
I ususally use those big yellow urinal buckets that are located next to the tee box.They even have little drains on the side .What are all those little white paper cones in a feed tube attached to them for?

Diane,
I've never seen anyone I've played with use tee markers or signs for that purpose. Maybe the guy was "busting" you.

That being said however, I'd be cautious on tee #1 and #2. :D

I have taken a deep trek into the woods to relieve myself. Only if I cannot possibly wait. I have seen people peeing on the outside wall of the restroom! Walk 10 ft and go inside....unreal.

What about those folks who after pulling the tee out of the ground that has been fertilized, sticking that tee under their hat, or on the top their ear?

Uh oh, I have been known to stick the tee, and my ball marker too, in my mouth! No wonder I feel all green and woozy after a round. :alien:

Well I have stomach problems so if you really have to I know you can find a place to squatt if there's no porta-potty or other facility to use..

Uh oh, I have been known to stick the tee, and my ball marker too, in my mouth! No wonder I feel all green and woozy after a round. :alien:

That is something I really didn't need to know about you WSE. Don't even tell me where you put your ball.

That is something I really didn't need to know about you WSE. Don't even tell me where you put your ball.

:quiet::quiet::quiet:

Back