cutting down a club to about 2ft?

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
i didn't know where else to put this, so i figured i'd start a new thread. i dug out this old hybrid i have, and i took it to the range the other day and i couldn't hit it worth a damn, so i was thinking it would be a fun project toy. i was thinking i could cut it down to about 2 ft, maybe 2.5ft, buy the cheapest grip i can get ($4ish?), wrap the crap out of it with tape so the grip will actually fit, and use it for who knows what. has anybody ever tried something this stupid/weird/crazy? how many wraps of tape would it take to get a grip to actually stay on? thanks guys. i'll try to post pics if i do end up doing it.

About 20 wraps of tape or so. I've done it as a school project. It's not as cool as you'd think once its done because it hurts to swing it lol.

^Siri probably sucks.

What are you going to do keep it in your bag in case someone hits into your group lol, sounds a little crazy, but you could always then ship it to me so my son can hit it around.

i just thought it might be a funny thing to have if we're (the HS team) not doing anything on the range and i pull out this thing and everyone wants to swing it and do whatnot with it. it's not worth trying to sell, so i might as well have some fun with it, no?

That's gonna screw the crap out of your swingweight.

THPing on Tapatalk

That's gonna screw the crap out of your swingweight.

THPing on Tapatalk

like i said, it's just a toy, not something i'd actually game.

I played around with my nephew's 'driver' he had, he was 6 at the time. It was probably only about 30" long with a small, old time driver head on it. I teed a ball up on a tuft of cut-down wheat in the field outside my Dad's house. I took one swing and hit it about 100 yds, dead straight, right at my Grandparent's house. It hit a tree and luckily didn't hit their house. I looked at him (he had the biggest grin on his face) and said, "ok...that's what you don't do." My brother looked at me and was like, "thanks bro...way to teach my son a good lesson." I told him that's what Uncles are for! :act-up:

guys, as stupid as the OP was, i was being serious.

What are you being serious about? I answered the questions.. Its not stupid, its a toy. I told you, 20 wraps. Have fun!

Were not laughing at or ribbing the original post.

well i went and got a lamkin crossline grip at golf galaxy ($4), cut it down, put 12 wraps of tape on, and it is now drying. should have pics up within a few hours.

well i went and got a lamkin crossline grip at golf galaxy ($4), cut it down, put 12 wraps of tape on, and it is now drying. should have pics up within a few hours.

I can't wait to see it. Should be pretty cool.

go for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

okay, so maybe it wasn't a couple hours.. 21" from butt of grip to sole of club. the headcover is 2/3 as long as the entire club now..
13AC512D-60BA-49E9-9A2C-1E9D4DEB63FE-1880-0000010B96AA91AE_zps09ecf63b.jpg

C0671A92-0F02-44BA-8E2B-5E3F75CAE2B2-1880-0000010B9926BB3B_zps65a79099.jpg

edit: hey look! there's the sword! lol!

P.S.: Scrap Iron, this isn't the same hybrid you sent me. that one is being loved by my dad.

anybody..?

I actually did this with a 5 wood for my grandkids to use. Just cut the shaft and put a grip on as usual. I was able to hit it 100 yards in the air but two swings was all my back could handle.

I think it made a more hittable club than the kid sized driver in a set I borrowed.

That is bad arse dude. I want to make one.

A Happy Gilmore swing might work.

haha yeah, might work at tearing a few muscles...

Jack, get another unused shaft and plug a tee into the top of it.. Set it into the ground about waist height like tee ball and use this thing hahaha!

haha yeah, might work at tearing a few muscles...

Jack, get another unused shaft and plug a tee into the top of it.. Set it into the ground about waist height like tee ball and use this thing hahaha!
Dude... I have an old fairway shaft that would be perfect for that.

looks like a fun club to hit.

Back