Yes seen some good deals on the TP3, I think I could have got 5 dozen for £100 but resisted for once!

Wouldn't these be the newest version of the TP3? Or is it replacing the TP Black? I don't see why they have to constantly come out with new named products. I think it confuses people as it does me. A ProV has been called a ProV for how many years now?

Yeah I think it could be a rebadged TP3. Although this ball has a higher flight off the tee for me than the TP3 did. Other than that, from just 1 round, Its pretty darn identical. Is there anywhere mentioning this as the new TP3?

Tapping away on my S3

This is really my sweet spot. I hardly ever buy more than a sleeve of the "premium" balls, and that mainly with Pro Shop certificates. I do like the E series, but this could work as well.

Yeah I think it could be a rebadged TP3. Although this ball has a higher flight off the tee for me than the TP3 did. Other than that, from just 1 round, Its pretty darn identical. Is there anywhere mentioning this as the new TP3?

Tapping away on my S3

Did you notice any additional sidespin or anything funky?

Did you notice any additional sidespin or anything funky?

Well compared to the e5 and Qstar, yest it had more sidespin off the tee. But not drastically more than the Qstar with the e5 bieng the straightest. I didnt have a TP3 on hand to do a side by side but honestly I felt the RBZU to have "softer" cover than the TP3 from my memory. Im excited to get more time with this ball. Aside from the driver (couldve just been my swing) I liked what I saw. From what I saw from just 1 round the RBZU and Qstar were a better ball for me than the e5, but this could all change with the more rounds I get with each

Tapping away on my S3

So i put these into play on Sunday. Put them up against the 12' Qstar and 13' e5. This was by far the "softest" feeling of the bunch to me. Off the putter face reminded me much of the TP3. Off the irons and driver it also lead the other 2 in terms of feel. I noticed this ball had a higher ball flight off the driver when compared to the other 2 which suits my game well. I think it was my swing that day but the Qstar and e5 flew straighter off the tee. Greenside this ball had more spin than the e5 and Qstar. With that said the Qstar and e5 were no slouches. These are just some early thoughts as Ive only played one round with them. Looking forward to some more testing and your thoughts when compared to the 13' Qstar

Tapping away on my S3

These sounds like they are performing exactly like I had hoped they would! I usually play TP3's and love the feel off the putter, need a high launch, and paired with the descent anges and spin on the rocketbladez I'm playing, I really want to start pulling the string on some short iron shots into the green. Please keep updating your results!
Thanks x.man

Seems to me TP Black=TP3=RBZU. I have enjoyed the previous so I am eager to hear more about these. Thank for the review.

Good thread. I am so confused by balls. Always been a Titleist (NXT Tour at the moment) man myself, but have been wondering if there is a better ball for me out there.
Was enjoying the sound of the Q Star until I found they are not available in UK.
So I am now considering which ball to switch to for a trial, the one thing that nags with me is the comment that these show a bit more side spin as I tend to struggle to maintain a straight ball flight.
But then I dont really know how much side spin I put on a NXT Tour and dont have the means to measure it.

Color me impressed. I just finished playing my first 18 with the RBZu and I managed to play the entire 18 with the same ball. Temps were in the mid to upper 50s, but the ball still flew a mile. Very soft around the greens, too. I spun a couple of nice half-wedge shots that hopped and stopped. Full wedge shots drew back. The greens were barely thawed out (a little soft in some areas due to melted snow) and the ball still performed. Going to be hard to find a better ball for the money. 2013 Q Star is going to have a tough time living up to the distance, ball flight, and feel I got from the RBZu today.

The cover was extremely durable as well. Hit some great wedge shots and didn't experience any fraying. Again, I played the same ball for 18 holes and wouldn't think twice about putting that ball back in play for another round. Here are some post-round pics:

IMAG1014.jpg

IMAG1015.jpg

IMAG1016.jpg

IMAG1017.jpg

IMAG1018.jpg

Nice round with the ball there jlukes. Did you compare it to any other balls on the course side by side? Also, did you see the higher flight off the tee like I did?

Tapping away on my S3

Nice round with the ball there jlukes. Did you compare it to any other balls on the course side by side? Also, did you see the higher flight off the tee like I did?

Tapping away on my S3

I saw a really good flight off the tee - I got a really penetrating flight with zero ballooning. Not sure if it was because of my new driver or the ball. Whatever it was, the combo worked for me.

I did not have a chance to pit it against another ball because the course was packed. Once I get a box of 2013 Q stars, I will be sure to put it head to head with the RBZu, especially around the practice green and off of the tee.

Good thread. I am so confused by balls. Always been a Titleist (NXT Tour at the moment) man myself, but have been wondering if there is a better ball for me out there.
Was enjoying the sound of the Q Star until I found they are not available in UK.
So I am now considering which ball to switch to for a trial, the one thing that nags with me is the comment that these show a bit more side spin as I tend to struggle to maintain a straight ball flight.
But then I dont really know how much side spin I put on a NXT Tour and dont have the means to measure it.

I have played 18 with the ball and didn't have great trouble controlling it. I was also playing an e6 and I hit good and bad drives with both. It is definitely sensitive to intentional attempts to spin it left or right; workability was good. My initial thoughts are it is a great ball for $29.99.

I previously shared my thoughts here:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...p-Golf-Balls&p=1970763&viewfull=1#post1970763

I am in love with this ball! I played a full 18today with it in windy conditions and performed flawlessly. I could bring it in high, low, left, right, it didn't matter.It did everything I wanted it to do, Really really impressed with this thing and for $30 bucks I'm gaming it. It was longer and better feeling than any of the Nikes I've played in the last year.

I am in love with this ball! I played a full 18today with it in windy conditions and performed flawlessly. I could bring it in high, low, left, right, it didn't matter.It did everything I wanted it to do, Really really impressed with this thing and for $30 bucks I'm gaming it. It was longer and better feeling than any of the Nikes I've played in the last year.

Can you compare it to any other balls in the similar price range?

Can you compare it to any other balls in the similar price range?

No I really can't, I've always played the 330s, pro v1, or Nike 20XI. SW gave me one on a whim to try and I really love it.

No I really can't, I've always played the 330s, pro v1, or Nike 20XI. SW gave me one on a whim to try and I really love it.

Awesome. I have been playing QStars and Hex Blacks so I will probably pick up a sleeve of these. Thanks for the heads up.

I missed this before but awesome. I am also intrigued by this ball. I'll be trying some for sure.

This will be interesting. At a price point where a lot of people shop. They need to be good. Like them going against the e5, which along with the rest of the e series is tops for that market segment IMO.
I do not like the TP3. I spin it r/l to much. TP5 & Maxfli u4/x I have been playing 20XI-X for a while & like them too. So I guess the RBZU may not fit me well...

Played this ball and the e5 today in a tornado. Will post thoughts tonight

I do not like the TP3. I spin it r/l to much. TP5 & Maxfli u4/x I have been playing 20XI-X for a while & like them too. So I guess the RBZU may not fit me well...

I did not find the ball overly spinny at all of the driver and it was fantastic around the greens.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Let me start off by saying that today was not a great dayfor testing. Wind was blowing a good 20 mph at times and the course was infairly poor shape. The wind was blowing so hard at times I had a 4 iron onlyfly about 110 in one instance. Greens where hard and the grass in the fairwayswas still dormant. Plus most of the issues I had today were the Indian and notthe arrow. I played both the E5 and the RBZu during my round today.
Approach and Chip Shots:
Could not really tell much about approach spin as the greenswere hard as a parking lot and nothing would check up. I had short chips hitand roll completely across the green. Grass in the fairways and around thegreen was lying down and nothing to really hit off of.
Tee Shots:
Both of these balls preformed well off the tee with the E5being a bit longs off the tee for me but not by much. Both do however magnify anymishit like most urethane balls do. This to me was a tossup.
Putting:
I felt the E5 beat out the RBZu here. Just to me felt betteroff the putter and rolled truer to me.

Overall both are good balls from what I could tell today.Like I said early today was not the best day to test. I hope to get out to oneof the better courses here in the coming weeks and give it a fairer try.

Just got a sleeve of the RBZu's in the mail today thanks to Franklin51. Looking forward to getting these out on the course. Thanks again Franklin!

RBZu_zps6b5605d3.jpg

this is a really great thread.. most balls i have played are more about distance but i am coming to realize i have enough distance that i do not need a distance ball. I have been looking for a ball with a softer feel and less side spin.. looking forward to more threads on this ball compared to the e5. Thanks guys

I can attest TB was money with this ball on Saturday. Straight & long off the tee with a nice ball flight, great performance in the short game as well.

Just got a sleeve of the RBZu's in the mail today thanks to Franklin51. Looking forward to getting these out on the course. Thanks again Franklin!

RBZu_zps6b5605d3.jpg

Great picture. That packaging is sharp looking to me, which is not how I felt about some of TM's previous offerings.

Back