Owen

Love/Hate Relationship
Reaction score
Handicap
What should the degree separation be between hybrids? 3 to 4 degrees? I am asking because I have found a nice 5h, but there is only a 1 degree difference between it and my 4h.

I don't think you will see a significant difference in distance with only 1* I prefer 4-5*.

3* is pretty standard in a lineup.

Don't worry about loft. Worry about filling your gaps properly. if it means 1* of loft difference, do it. If it means 6*, do that.

I play 21/24, so 3. 1* gap will be little to no difference, distance wise.

Mine are as follows:
4h = 24
3h = 21
2h = 18

Don't worry about loft. Worry about filling your gaps properly. if it means 1* of loft difference, do it. If it means 6*, do that.
I completely agree with this statement.

Right now I have 3* between my two hybrids. I have in the past has a 17 and 19 and had a big gap in my distance.

I think 3 is pretty standard. But hit 'em and see. Loft doesn't matter distance gaps do!

What should the degree separation be between hybrids? 3 to 4 degrees? I am asking because I have found a nice 5h, but there is only a 1 degree difference between it and my 4h.

I have either 3 or 4 degrees between all clubs. I'd say no to only 1 degree.

My 3h is actually 21* which is the same as my 4iron. I know this seems like the same club, but the speed i can generate with my hybrid versus my 4 iron is quite different, so my hybrid goes further. Hybrid is also better out of the rough, so i mostly use it like a utility. That being said, i completely agree with JF, its all about the distance gaps, not the degree gaps

No standard tapping here fella, I have TM Rescue 11 hybrids in #3 (19*) and #4 (21*) and theres a definite difference in distance with each.

Back